Reviews for Windfall
Magenta Snape chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
AWWWW..! that was way too sweet. Loved it. :)
NLaddict chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
that was sweet, i like the descriptions you use.
Lilithakaducky chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
A very sad fanfic, but very deep. Oh how I hate that JKR killed him of :-(
Fallen Angel111586 chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
That was a sweet fic. And from a symbolic point of view, I really believe that souls of fallen warriors in all senses are reborn as flowers. The Japanese would say flowers from cherry tree cause cherry blossoms are very sacred and beautiful to them. But esesialy, while I believe in reincarnation, I look at that particular saying in your fic to mean to me that when a warrior falls, and death comes, something beautiful can blossom from death. Like, life goes on and one season turns another. Anyways, I love how Neville and Lisa (Didn't even remember her) share that beautiful moment while paying their last respects to a brave man. Honestly, these are the kind of feelings I would have wanted to see expressed in Sev's funeral if he were to get one in canon.
trisha chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Wht a nice idea. I guess Lisa must have been one of the students that stayed at Hogwarts. Its nice to at least see someone mourn Snape.
Vega Black62 chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
This was very well done. Neville is quiet and self effacing without being a socialy backward idiot. I thought you put a lot of thought into the characterization. Lisa Turpin is a believable Ravenclaw. I liked the part where he thinks about a girl like that liking him. I also think that Neville would have a lot to come to terms with at a funeral for Snape. Especialy since he'd just spent a year running Dumbledore's Army thinking they were on opposite sides.

I look forward to future chapters.
whitehound chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I myself wrote a story in which Luna and Hermione managed to make Snape a new body out of flowers in the manner first devised by the Dark Ages Welsh wizard Gwydion, and they used deadly nightshade, lilies and brambles (all provided by Neville).
Meta Capricorn chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
That was really sweet and made me believe that spring does come to us Germans as well. ;-)

But yes, apart from the spring, it hit the mood and connected Snape's burial and tomb very well with the beginning of a blossoming little love story between Lisa and Neville.

Thanks. :)

Meta
sunsethill chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Very nice. You did a good job of illustrating that Lisa wasn't just enamoured of the now heroic Neville, but that she understood him pretty well. I have high hopes for them. ;-)
Bailey chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Beautiful little one-shot. The connection between the cherry blossoms, fallen soldiers and Snape - all amazing.

Your addition of which flower Snape'd be in the notes is great. I went and searched it just now and have to agree. :D
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Yes, life goes on. I wonder if Neville has any thoughts about people who walk away from a dying man without lifting a finger? Nah-everyone loves the Trio, and they're heroes now. Besides, being Gryffindor has always meant never having to say you're sorry. I'm just glad that Snape actually got a funeral.
thalieia chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I really like Neville in this. He seems like his canon self. And I like that he would be one of those who paid their last respects to Snape.
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
A beautiful piece of work! I like it so much when someone takes some of the rarer characters, and I like your writing very much. Lisa and Neville are sharing a beautiful moment there, indeed. The idea with the cherry blossoms is beautiful - though I'd rather think black nightshade as a plant Snape would have liked to be reborn into... unobtrusive, seemingly harmless, poisonous, but with beautiful looking flowers, when one takes the pain to look closer, and, if properly prepared, edible and tasting even well, too... ;o)
notwritten chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Now this chapter is cool, and good. Keep smiling. :-)
duj chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Sweet. Neville's reflections on Snape are the expression of a brave but gentle heart.