Reviews for To Rise From the Lethe
ViktorMayrin chapter 3 . 7/2/2008
Well now! Some decent talent at last!

I really enjoy the way you've got things. And you certainly know what you're talking about, it seems.

Keep up the good work, because we need more good FFTA stories!
Shrine Keeper of Rei Ayanami chapter 3 . 5/15/2008
The use of logic and reason throughout the story has me incredibly intreged. You have pointed out rather good point as for why Montblanc is the leader and not Marche as was portrayed in the game. I also like your interpritations of the battle field and loopholes that could be found in a realy life struggle similar to this. I also agree with your main character/OC pairings oppinion. While an OC pairing that is well made can be quite pleasing it is rather annoying to read anything that takes a character and imediately has them falling in love with the main character.

As for any mistakes in the story, maybe a few spelling errors but nothing that really needs to be fixed. I'm sorry to say I can't think of anything else to say other than that I hope you'll have a new chapter up soon. Here's to hoping it's up soon. May the blessings of Rei Ayanami be upon you.
HyperLarri chapter 3 . 4/27/2008
Very interesting plot so far. I can't wait to read more. Parts of it were very creative, especially with that Gil system.
The Dark Fiddler chapter 3 . 4/25/2008
...Damn thos chapters are long!

NOt that that's bad, but they are long for a screen... and and hour of internet. Good story though, and I agree that the plot of FFTA wasn't that greeat, maybe FFTA2(Ds)will be better there when it comes out... June 7(?). ANyway, keep it up!
IJuggler chapter 3 . 4/12/2008
"Remder this debate moot."

"Tenancy to act before he thinks"

The only 2 errors I noticed in the chapter. A good chapter too. Keep em coming :D
Icey the Fox chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Ahoy, DSC! I told you that I'd be submitting a review, ah told yeh!

Anyways, I really like this story. You managed to make it serious without all of the repressive "Oh, Ivalice is such a dark and dangerous and unsafe place" stuff which sometimes comes up. Also, some really good and memorable lines.

I particularly like your dialogue. I mean, it reveals a good deal of detail about some of your backstory. Namely, the telling fact that her last name was "Radiuju." That just engages everyone's interest from the get-go.

My only piece of criticism: you have a bit of an issue with run-on sentences. Sorry, but they really throw a reader of sometimes. I was criticized for this a while back, and I can guarantee you that my writing is a thousand times better as a result.

Anyways, that's all for now. I'll be waiting for the third chapter, and procrastinating on reviewing the second! See you!
IJuggler chapter 2 . 4/6/2008
I forgot to review this when I read the first chapter, which means I have to do reviews for 2 fine chapters now.

I liked how you put everything in perspective. Marche would find it very difficult living in a completely new world, and I can now see why Montblanc was so nice in the game. I really like it when people improve on the game like you did, because it makes the game more fun. The only problem is, The game seems disapointing when i start playing it again :D

I like how you explained the Gil idea. I never really thought of it before, it never seemed like a big thing. But how else would they keep count of thousands of Gil at a time? The only thing it's missing is how the string and money is created, but we can assume that's the Palace's work.

Keep up the good work. IT always makes me happy when it takes longer to read the chapter then write the review.
alonsis 2 chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Woah. Not many FFTA fanfics have this kinda start. And i think you pulled it off damn well.

I like the detail, it's well used and the story flows well, that you used on the various things, maybe strayed a little when discribing the judge perhaps.

Good grammer and the story read easily.

Intrieging plot and story so far, can't wait to read the next chapter.

Good work!