Reviews for The Desolate Sound Of Laughter
MesserGirl chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
You have a real talent for writing, I thought this was really good, sad but good,
pupsay chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
That was amazing -

pupsay
cod-fish101 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
wow! sad but really good!
SallyJetson chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Oh my goodness I cannot believe the depth of emotion in this given the tone of Danny's recall - so casual with a hint of sarcasm but you know he is hurtin' so badly.

Death always makes you regret the little things that you didn't do for, to or with that person before they died.

Just a spectacular piece of angst!
ChibiDawn23 chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Wow...excellent!

Off to go read some more of your stuff!

They might have a darker edge to them, but life ain't all roses. This was a very great piece.
marialisa chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
I love the control in your writing. Overly emotional hearts and flowers stuff leaves me cold but this was perfect.

Incredibly sad but you captured Danny's voice perfectly and I agree with teh other reviewers - the last line was perfect.
Sarah chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
Argh how could you do this to me?

at least it wasn't danny cuz you know i would have cried for days and never spoken to you again if it had been him hehe! even though i was almost in tears it was still awesomeness

x
EmpireClover chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
I really need to check genres before I go diving into a story, looking for a pick me up! It was beautifully written and that last line just finished me off, and I'm not usually a crier! :(
Michaela Martin chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Sad! And on this happiest of all happy days! Well written and very well peiced together. Just sad!
colourmehappy chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I was reading this stroy and listening to a sad song, and i nearly cried :(

Loved the story, and the ending was sweet.

LOVES&HUGS!
Zain-Azara chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Wow...I really really enjoyed this. You write so well, all the emotional portrayed felt so real, the ending hit me like a ton of bricks...it was perfect.

Zain-Azara
Susi07 chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I can't belive I just read a DL story. Usually I skip them without really reading the summary, but since you wrote thsi story I thought I should give it a chance.

Except for the fact, that I have the opinion that Danny and Lindsay should not be together, I didi like your story.

I like that you didn't exactly follow the chronological and start with Danny thinking and let him tell the whole incident.

You did a great job showing what he was feeling and thinking towards the whole thing and how he is blaming himself for not apologizing. I think this fitted him perfectly.

The ending, of course, was very sad. I never really thought I would be this touched by Lindsay's death (I know that sounds cruel...)

I can only repeat myself, in your stories I actually like Lindsay (I still can't believe it.)

I have to admit, that I really liked this story, even though it was DL.

Greets Susi
daytimedrama chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Must you break my heart? So well written. Sad and quite sardonic.
Trixy2 chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
that made me sad... but it was well written. good job!
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Oh, this was good. Very good. And gut-wrenchingly sad, with not a trace of sentimentality. You wrote Danny's voice perfectly, all his little manners of speech and attitude. The hints were timed exactly right, and the pace as it should be, building to the last terrible realisation. The bitter irony of the picture frame was devastating. So much from one object. I'd guessed something bad was going to happen, but the shot was so shocking, and and so quick I was left stunned. Painful. Please keep writing like this, and experiment some more. The last line was beautiful.