Reviews for Coyote's Tale
Turquoise Girl chapter 3 . 5/22/2008
Are you in a major state of distress like I am? I still cringe when I think of what happened to Dean. *shudders* I have to say that the whole thing made me very uncomfortable, particularly in the way that I could barely make myself watch, but I knew I had to. Dean Winchester deserves that last honor. Makes one wonder what's in store for next season.

Okay, on with the story!

I completely agree. The chapter was one with the weirdness. I was kinda lost at the beginning, so I went back to re-read Chapter 2 to refresh my memory. So glad I did! Jenny made sense, but it was kinda creepy the way you described her departure. It was great imagery, though, but why does Dean's wrist break?

Coyote is so funny when he's bitching at Dean. The mistakes thing was interesting. I liked that you sprinkled them across the chapter: first mistake, second, third mistake. The last one's a charm. The foreboding dreams that Dean has are terrifying. The format you used really pushed the panic, the frantic, and the hysterics home.

"...over the railing...oh God there's eyes in the water eyes and teeth..."

Yeah, if that doesn't scare anyone, they're crazy. So Jenny was one of the few who had a date with the gators?

Sam was very much in character. His dreaming about Jess-his sleep levitating was hilarious-and the morning after fit the bill. Happy place, indeed! I love the image of Sam coming down on the bed. I couldn't stop laughing! The humor was like a soft breeze before the storm.

Dean thinks it's a trap, that they're being played. That definitely doesn't sound good. The connecting thread Dean felt with Redd, Slymm, and Thomas was strange, but I'm comfortable knowing you have some reason for it, like Jenny. Just have to wait for it. Dean's babblemouth about Joe Ball was insightful.

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K."

The Sociable Inn isn't quite the Circle K, but the sentiment works all the same. Ted "Theodore" Logan was a smart boy. I definitely loved the Con Air quote. That's one of my most favorite movies right next to Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. B&T's Bogus Adventure was pretty much that: bogus.

What is Coyote doing? Why is he forcing Dean inside? What do you know, Roamer dude?

Check you later!

Cat
dnachemlia chapter 3 . 5/21/2008
I love this. Truly.

Loved Coyote's response to Sam's, er, dream. He really is like Dean.
Esquimaux chapter 3 . 5/21/2008
oh wow! haha you sure ended that chapter very interestingly! not bad, definitely not bad! can't wait for the next chapter!

thanks again!

~ID
Ster1 chapter 3 . 5/21/2008
Love the way Dean is still learning how to navigate with Coyote bouncing around in his head. Must be pretty annoying at times! This is such a great story, with all the Winchester boys. I'm always jazzed to see a new chapter up!
V956970 chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Like it!
Mad Server chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Ohh... my gosh. Dean and Coyote? That wins!
PADavis chapter 2 . 4/23/2008
Yee haw. I'm glad Dean wanted to come out for this chapter. Love how you are allowing Coyote's abilities in Dean to come out/reveal themselves gradually. The first chapter was almost bittersweet, this one, I liked this bit very much:

Dad and Sam follow my lead, and I’m not sure how I feel about Dad doing that. Spent years on the road with him telling me what to do. Now I’m taking point and I don’t know what to do with myself. Feels right and wrong all at the same time.

Just perfect. That and hating camping. Hope we get alligators next chapter though.

Phoebe
mysong chapter 2 . 4/20/2008
... I can't thank you enough for keeping me occupied during the hard, Supernatural-lacking times. But now that the new eppy's on the horizon, I thank you for just being there. Stopping me from going crazy waiting inbetween eppys. Thanx. *chick-flick moment ended* YAY COYOTE! and DEAN! XD
DeanBean chapter 2 . 4/18/2008
That was a great chapter

Such a evil cliffie, lol

I can't wait for the next chapter

More when you can

deanbean

xoxoxoxo
Turquoise Girl chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
Haha, I love those mental convos between Dean and Coyote. I especially love the image of Dean poking Coyote. Excellent work all around. The plot is ever thickening. The guest characters are interesting. *cough*marinebusdriver*cough* The dead girl can't be good. Dean has a lot of power in his hands now. That he won't make people appear out of thin air is something powerful and meaningful. The reason behind it is realistic as well. Lol, what Dean said to Bear was hilarious! Oh, and I think you have a typo in the third section, after the section of the Devil Dog bus driver.

"Dad and Sam follow my lead, and I’m not sure how I feel about Dad ding that."

That's "Dad doing that" right? Because I can't really see John going !DING! like he's a game show host or a microwave. Or maybe a toaster where instead of toast popping out, it's a shotgun.

Ah, I love the smell of Dean angst in the morning. Okay, so I'm writing this at night. I'd love a taste of Dean at night as well. ;D Ahem, enough of the naughtiness.

Whoa, Darth Maul's lightsaber? Holy Yoda! Can you see Dean trying to play with that thing and singe his hair? Or almost cut a hand off? That would be a crime to humanity.

Can't wait for more, but as always, take your time. Genius can't be hurried.

TG
FiveForFighting09 chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
Oh how i missed this story. I'd been wating for a update for a long time...then again, my frineds have always said patience, while a virtue, is something i don't have. LOL.

so glad you updated and i loved how this chapter was from Dean's point of view. I love Dean and Coyote's inner conversations. They're very funny.

Very glad you updated, and i can't wait for the next chapter. Great story. i already love it.
Nyx Wings chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
AWESOME. I love the fight with the vampires, especially when Dean totally sliced up that guy and he didn't even realize it until he fell apart! :D I really like the use of first person, it's different, works nicely. And I'd love to see Dean with a lightsaber! That would be so cool!

DEAN IS A LEGEND. Y. THIS IS TRUFAX.

Also, that was a creepy ending! Kinda fits tho, with Dean and Coyote and how they're so much more.
SciFiNutTX chapter 2 . 4/17/2008
Oh no, not more tension between Dean and Coyote! And they were getting along so well...

Glad to see you posting. I was getting worried about you!
Ikchen chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Yay! The sequel! Liked the first chapter :) Waiting for the next one :D
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
I'd been saving this for a rainy day. I had a six hour drive in drizzle and gray skies and ended up in the bedevilled state of New Jersey for business. Holed up in hotel room before getting my complimentary beverage of choice at the manager's reception. So as I said, before I lost track, I was saving this for a rainy day and DANG I'M AN IDIOT FOR DOING THAT. I should have read it immediately. I love Coyote's voice, I love his reaction to John and Sam, hard to believe its only two weeks since Dog. And Dean's hair is going to go all blonde again, and they are going to ride horses and I may expire because all this deliciousness will now include WTF Alligators? Cool.

Phoebe