Reviews for A Hero
Elena Euphemia Potter chapter 1 . 6/14
This is amazing!
Amazing ending. I could picture Dudley driving away with the radio playing “We could be heroes, just for one day”. Great characterisation work for Dudley. If Dudley had been that way in canon, he would have been my favorite character.
Best abused-Harry fanfiction ever.
Rossess20 chapter 1 . 5/25
I'm gonna cry
Rossess20 chapter 1 . 5/25
Ngl I read "you fucking rock" in a completely different tone than was implied by the rest of the conversation lol. I was like "What? He doesn't like it?" I always thought Dudley could do better I wish JK had colored in his character a little bit more.
This is probably the greatest Harry Potter one-shot I’ve ever read. I especially liked how when Dudley was researching abuse in the library, it didn’t occur to him that his parents treat him like a prince, but only when he is compliant. It’s a twisted little Easter egg, suggesting that Dudley is also abused, just not to the extreme Harry is, and he doesn’t even realise it.
err
Tristemente100 chapter 1 . 5/19
holy shit this is so good
Bele chapter 1 . 5/18
thx!
Dr Gero chapter 1 . 5/1
Big D's turn in the spotlight! This was a good little story, I really enjoyed Dudley's slow realization about his family. Thanks for writing this!
DJArla chapter 1 . 4/21
I’ve read this story a bunch of times and I honestly think it’s fantastic! It touches on such a heavy topic without being dark or angsty. It’s brilliantly written!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/25
This was really powerful.
There were so many moments when I wanted to stop because I just felt like crying, but I kept going instead.
A truly beautiful piece of writing!
Migrrreed chapter 1 . 3/12
This fic is beautiful, and I loved Dudley's characterizations. Kudos 10,000 to you, I loved this fic and I don't know how this could get anything less than first place. The last sentence really got me, these people are the true heroes...
I know its been forever since you've written anything, but I just live your stories so much and have just always thought a companion piece or 2 to this one would be amazing! One telling the story the same events from starting when Dudley gets home from Harry's POV, including the conversations that have to happen with the Weasley's and Harry after Dudley leaves and then maybe a short story of Dudley and Harry corresponding through letters afterall and rehashing out past history from their youth and developing a more built out relationship. Just some thoughts and hopeful thinking I'm trying to entice you with.
MellarkandArt chapter 1 . 2/12
really enjoyed this, great work!
1,532 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »