Reviews for Broken
junebride chapter 5 . 4/11/2008
Aw man and now we have to wait till Tuesday!

Great great chapter :-)
h3irofslyther1n chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
Ohh. The confusion!

At least we have a hint though, right? Lol.

I love the story so far!

Please, please, please update soon.
Livin-in-a-cardboard-box chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
Loved the chapter. Good job.
Jenn Hoffmann chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
Oh my gosh! I can't believe Harry did that! That just seems so OOC for him! Wow. I can't wait for another chapter!~Jenn
GabrielaHP chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
ooh - you have to update soon! This is a really interesting, well-written story :) Please hurry and update soon!
tea chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
IN LOVE. okay so I am really lovin the darker aspect of this... I seem to be on a real kick for dark fics recently. Anyways I've come to adore pans in a bunch of fics I've read recently and I think her role here is fantastic and verry i dunno - real. She's part of my new group of slytherin buddies I love in fics ( draco, blaise, theo, pans, snape, and narsicssa(sp?)) Can't wait for the next part!

Cheers!
Amala Eve chapter 4 . 4/10/2008
I already reviewed for Chapter 5 but I had a guess to what made Hermione "run for the hills" so to speak. I might be completely wrong, but this is one of the first time that I have publicly guessed what my be happening in a story. Now on too my prediction!

I remember the first chapter in your authors note that you mentioned rape. I am thinking that Hermione was raped but she didn't tell anyone about it. Eventually her harry and crew found out, but they think that she willingly had sex with whoever and she didn't try to correct them. Then comes the fallout and her fleeing to Italy.

I may be completely wrong but I remembered it mentioned in your author's note so I decided to take a wack at it. Hey she might've even gotten pregnant and then got rid of the baby. I don't know!
Jenn Hoffmann chapter 4 . 4/10/2008
Awe! Poor Hermione! I feel so bad for her! This story so far is very good! The way it's written, and the length too. It's all awesome! Please update soon!~Jenn
ILoveCheeseyMoments chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
OMG i loved it. I can't wait to find out what happened to Hermione! Great Chapter!

-Amy
fullonswayzed chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
I don't think YOU even know what happened "those five years ago" and are, therefore, trying to make US crazy with the desire to know. I think you haven't decided what happened yet and keep prolonging it to further the suspense... and to stall. Yep. Got it all figured out...

COULD YOU AT LEAST GIVE US A SLIGHTLY LARGER PIECE OF THE PUZZLE NEXT CHAPTER? I'M DYING HERE! HOMICIDE is not something you want on your conscience, trust me...

HOMICIDE! THAT'S IT!

Oh I've got it now...
Laughing Nell chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
I seriously LOVE this story! It's so exciting and I LOVE how you portrayed Harry- his character/actions seem completely believeable!
stargazer starluver chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
oh my! you have to update soon. this is all very heart-wrenching
SeanEmma4Evr chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
I'll stay out of rehab if it gets me another chapter soon. I'll wait patiently (okay, I'm lying - impatiently) until Tuesday.

I think this chapter was great - you put it in at just the right time. I was losing sight of Hermione for a while and this was a great way to bring her back in. To focus on her without the hassles of worrying about Draco for a little while - well, other than the scene with him midway.

The incorporation of her drinking definitely caught my attention. It's a rarity for people to write about her drinking in an eloquent fashion. Mostly I've read her getting drunk one night and landing up pregnant the next day (cause yes, Hermione would SO do THAT - I'm gonna roll my eyes now) whereas here you sifted it in as just another means of disclosing information about her depression. Drinking and grief go hand in hand, sadly. I also liked how you didn't down-play it either. Draco did sniff the scent off her later.

Now, more theories from me - the information with Pansy was very informative, though I think I might have picked up on more subtle things. Or again, I'm just reading way too much into it, which I find myself enjoying actually :) Anyway, the flash to their past together on the plane and the whole thing with Pansy's parents, that struck a chord with me. It was just so blatent the way it was written. She was driven mad like the Longbottoms. Then, later, it was brought up about "them" up in the attic. I don't think it's literal - I'm not saying Hermione's parents are up there in chains all deranged - but I think it might imply (since Pansy and Hermione do seem to have similar secrets) that Hermione's parents were also captured, tortured, and driven insane. Are memories upstairs? Are there hospital records or clothing or other things associated with their death upstairs? I know momentos were mentioned, but what about the more melancholy items?

What really captured my attention was the line "ignorance was always better than bliss" - now, I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. It could have been a typo seeing as the line is ignorance is bliss, but I don't think it was. If anything, it works uncanningly well for this story. Cause while the statement implies she'll be ignorant, just as the start of the normal quote, it finishes with her not receiving any happiness what-so-ever, per her usual. It's not about whether she can feel happiness, it's that she won't allow herself to feel it. Insightful.

And to hear that Harry hates her :( All right, that was a sad moment. Poor thing; as she said, it's one thing to think it, it's another to actually have to hear it; more so, thrown in your face. Thrown? No, bitch slapped was more like it.

Now, as for the ending - I won't impugn your intelligence or drive you up a wall by screaming "oh my GOD, don't kill her!" like I'm sure others will - honestly, where would the story go if you actually killed her? Common sense, people - but I will say it was (sorry, no other word for it) intense. I'm feeling lots of intenseness (hehe, is that a word?) coming from this story. And you mention it's a shift - I'm guessing, possibly, this is where she'll start to see that life can be worth living. This is where she'll form something with Draco, knowing full well there is no point in wallowing when Harry truly doesn't give a damn about her. I'll learn in due time.

Again, have a fun vacation!
Isabeau de Foix chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
OMG..so here I was today checking my account and low and behold, not one, but TWO chapters! Needless to say I was very happy, and after devouring both chapters I have come to the conclusion that you are probably one of the best writers around! I really like the fact that you don't go on and on..I find that some people do so in trying to write really long intellectual chapters! This was done superbly however! I'm still no where close to figuring out what has happened... I'm assuming Hermione went to Australia to visit her parents, and here, something happened to have killed them... lol I bet you're thinking "no DUH"... well anywayz I'm not even going to try to figure out what happens because the surprise will be that much better.

Oh and btw, Harry Potter is a DICK! I really hope something terrible happens to him for doing that to Hermione. Also, I cannot wait to see what happens and what exactly Pansy plans on telling Draco...even though I have this feeling that you'll be relay evil and start the next chapter AFTER she tells him...with Draco saying something like...OH so that's what happened...hence causing us to still not know what's happening...

Anywayz I think i went on for a whole now..have a great weekend, I cannot wait for another update!

-Gem
halolikeanangel chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
I really really want to know what happened now! This is why I normally don't read stories that aren't completed, coz I like to just be able to satisfy my curiosity immediately.

Here's my theory, its not complete but I was just wondering if her going to Australia had to do with finding her parents? That is of course assuming that you're following canon. That would also kinda make sense with Pansy talking about "them".

Anyway, thats my mini theory. Love the story :) please feel free to update every day if the mood takes you :)
5,826 | « Prev Page 1 .. 369 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 .. Last Next »