Reviews for Apples
SweetieLove chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
w0w. You leave me speechless. This one goes straight to my faves.
Blue Leilani chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Knew it was Karen when it came to the cooking festival.

There is only one girl whose cooking that the Gourmet disliked.

It was really well written.

I liked how it was easy to guess who the couple was.

But why Rick?
tiredandhungry chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
At first I thought it was Mary, but then when you wrote

'You were no longer coming to sit with me by the bench in front of the supermarket'

I instantly thought of Karen and Rick XD Great story!
teacupz chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
huh? so... it was Karen, huh? I just read it once more time and find out this sentence: You were no longer coming to sit with me by the bench in front of the supermarket.

I am sorry for the wrong guess... I have been tricked by those metaphors, :(

sorry!
teacupz chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
ah, poor girl, D:

is this about Mary? since she uses a lot of phrases that may be known by a few persons that studying about literature, in my opinion... -the poor girl just need more love, XD

keep writting!
sugarapplesweet chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
I absolutely loved the ending metaphor because it was a perfect connection to what had happened between Rick and Karen. Although I love Karen and her personality, I really can imagine she'd take to rejection in this way.

You were really able to capture her feelings of betrayal and hurt. It may sound strange (given it's kind of sad), but kudos for a job well done!

~ Peace and Love
Cupcake Heart chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Very well written.. I like it too that you can tell who it is after a while, yet its never pushed into your face.
Song Of The Sparrow chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Aw...

So cute.
Red Riding Freak chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Wonderful story. You really let it show that the couple was Rick and Karen without even saying it, I really liked that. It really seems how Karen would think and it is so like Karen that she actually -was- the one who pushed the other away.

It also think that the way you put the fading of their relationship is really wonderful, how they started to break away until they finally made it kind of official.

But my favorite part is the last, I really like endings that lead me into a reflection. :)
Kikixeni chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Very nice! The apple metaphor is very fitting, and the reflection is well-written.
b4k4 ch4n chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Nice story. Yeah, you left enough hints to give away the characters. I think I first figured out when you started talking about the Spring Festival and the girl told the guy she didn't like the cookies. When the guy went into a 'funk' for a week, I instantly though of "It's Rick!" I mean, Mary and Ann probably wouldn't have the heart to say what Karen would say. This really sounds like something Karen would say )

I really like how you showed how their relationship started to crumble. It starts off slowly and then it keeps rolling and getting worst and worst. Until the final moment when the snowball crashes, or in this case, when Karen pushed Rick away.

Nice work. I always enjoy stories where it makes the reader reflect on the writing. I do feel bad for Karen though P
Zianna chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I liked that. Poor Karen. The last lines were very well written and it made me think. I guessed it when it was fights about Kai and Popuri.