Reviews for Forlorn Hope
snangelbaby chapter 8 . 7/25/2008
This was an excellent story. Great job on the story line, the descriptions, the relationship between the brothers, the borderline anxiety that you know they both have to be feeling most of the time when they aren't hunting, from sheer terror about Dean's deal, just excellent all around. And it's great to read fanfiction that it looks like the person actually knows how to read on a high school level.

Loved it. I'm going to go find all of your stories right now and read them all...
JazzyIrish chapter 8 . 6/28/2008
This was simply a fabulous, creative story. Loved the parallel between the newly married couple's dilemma (because she loves Mort, he is doomed to die) and Sam and Dean's (because Dean loves Sam, he is doomed to die). But let me tell you, that is one wacky family and they seemed to take all the craziness that happens with a grain of salt (pun intended).

Love the way you write the boys: the banter, the protectiveness, and the comfort. Your scenes flow so naturally, that I feel like I'm watching an episode - this would make a great one, by the way.

Thanks for sharing this with us - it was a real treat to read. Until next time...
J.B. Burge chapter 8 . 5/7/2008
I loved this story! I love that Dean is all angsty...and still making smartass cracks.

Thanks for writing it!
PADavis chapter 8 . 4/25/2008
I'm so glad this got picked up by a community. I was SURE I had you alerted. Maybe that was aflightoffancy... Hm. I've missed this and your latest one which I will read with great pleasure. This was delightful. I loved the way you balanced the darkness of the deal and how this season is moving, with your revelatory internal monologues. Down to earth, down to the brothers, great writing. Thanks!

Phoebe
Xdaisy chainX chapter 8 . 4/24/2008
Loved loved loved loved loved this fic, one of the most original and awesome fics iv ever read. I love it when the guys get a helping hand from people as opposed to the general 'yeah right' attitude of some people.

Wicked fic, the glass thing was ingenius, just a great idea.

awesome, definate fave :D

XsarahX
burnmedown chapter 8 . 4/24/2008
I love this line:

“I’m bleeding and you’re thinking. Think we could do something about that?”

That is SO something Dean would say.

Also, nice ending. Poor Sam. Weight of the world, and not even his shoulders are quite broad enough for it.
burnmedown chapter 7 . 4/24/2008
Man, I really kinda love Hope. And I love the image of Sam and Dean passing out on each other. Hee.
burnmedown chapter 6 . 4/24/2008
Dang, poor Dean. And Sam. And...everyone, pretty much. This paragraph hit especially hard:

This woman didn’t know. She didn’t know anything. She was sitting in her nice pretty house, with her husband and daughter, being all motherly and saying the things mothers were supposed to say, but Dean knew better. Sam had died and there’d been no one there for him but Dean. No Dad, no Mom. And now Dean was going to Hell. He didn’t want to think that there was even the possibility that his mother was going to see that.

Yeah. Just...yeah. That's Dean, right there.
Savage Shade chapter 8 . 4/22/2008
This extremely late review is the fault of real life taking up all my time. So I apologise for taking so long to review.

I really enjoyed this fic. The interaction between the boys, their personal thoughts and feelings and their reactions to Hope and her family are all so well done. And all accompanied by Dean's typical smartassery. The badger comments are a personal favourite.

Great work man.
luvjase chapter 8 . 4/16/2008
Finally, I was able to catch up on the last five chapters. Excellent. Very intense edge of my seat story. Loved Dean's sarcastic answers to Sam's question about weddings. Really loved the badger "thoughts". I love the in sync moments in the show. Dean always worries about Sam before himself and always will. Poor Sam - they always go for his throat. Loved your brother moments. And the last two lines - Perfect. Can't wait for your next story. Thanks!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 8 . 4/14/2008
Just sat down and devoured this story in one sitting. It was absolutely wonderful and I enjoyed every minute spent reading it. Fantastic job!
EagleGirl6 chapter 8 . 4/13/2008
I really was beginning to wonder if you'd fallen off the edge of the earth... even tried to email a while back and it bounced. So I was really happy to see this new story!

I enjoyed reading this so much I didn't even stop to review - good excuse? No? OK.

I loved how you paralleled Sam and Dean to a married couple:) And the gratuitousness was perfect. "It's burrowing" that was awesome. You did a great job building up to that slowly, too. Very cool how it turned out to be a spirit following the family around, generation after generation, instead of a curse. You have some of the most fun and creative MOTWs ever.

Now, when's the next one coming? I haven't checked any zines lately, do you have stories in any lately? It was great to read your work again, thanks so much for sharing it :)

Kelly
K Hanna Korossy chapter 8 . 4/12/2008
I'm amazed at how you always come up with these plots that mirror the guys' situations. I didn't get this one until last chapter, but the marriage, the cost, was a good analogy. Inspired, as always.

I liked very much Sam's comment about it being Tuesday, and the contact of Bobby's in England. Good details. Good story.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 7 . 4/12/2008
I love and adore this line: “I don’t care if he’s turning into a freakin’ butterfly. He’s mine to worry about, not yours.” It just about sums up Dean perfectly.

And, wow, there's just not much joy this season, is there. Hard to have a happy ending when Hell looms in the distance. I run into that in my own writing. Sigh.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 5 . 4/12/2008
Aw, man, that's evil! Good for you. :

And good twist of curse v. spirit.
155 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »