Reviews for Forlorn Hope
inzane73 chapter 7 . 4/12/2008
You DID make Dean fight with glass in him! What's that poor man ever done to you? :)

'“He unconscious?” Dean asked Hope. She was the only one still mobile to take a look.

“Yes.”

“Give him a kick to make sure.” Hee! That was so very Dean.

It rang true to the characters that despite everything that is going on, life and death situations and all, they still are thinking about Dean's deal. The closer it gets, it will be hard to think of anything but.

Inzane
inzane73 chapter 6 . 4/12/2008
Man, I go out of town for a couple of days and look what happens. I have to play catch up with three chapters!

This chapter had some serious ouchies. I was cringing with the whole salt in the wound thing.

"And now Dean was going to Hell. He didn’t want to think that there was even the possibility that his mother was going to see that." I really liked that part.

Don't tell me you are going to make Dean fight with glass in his hip. You wouldn't do that to poor Dean, would you?

Inzane
Naed chapter 8 . 4/10/2008
Goodi! - Now run along and if Kripke fails to save Dean, - you do it, eh at least let Sam in your stories do it... Really did love your ending!
Tari Roo chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
I dislike that your fics are so short, but love that their brevity is part of the effectiveness and awesomeness that is your writing. You capture such wonderful emotion in a few lines, with such a fab ability to sketch plot and OCs with the lightest of touches.

Sigh. Just awesome writing, dude!

Thanks for the angst-ridden fic!
frenchfredo chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Sam didn’t know how his brother did it. Sam had spent close to a year now feeling the crushing burden of responsibility for Dean’s safety. Dean had been shouldering that burden since he was a child. Sam had grown up never doubting that his brother would protect him and Dean had. He protected him, first from hunting and the knowledge of what was awaiting them in the dark, then once Sam had known, Dean had still shielded him from as much as he could, acting as an intermediary between him and their father, letting Sam study while Dean went out and came back with bruises or worse. And when Sam was hunting, Dean had protected him with the only thing he had left, his own body. Just one year of feeling the absolute responsibility for Dean’s life was about to bring Sam to his knees, wanting to beg for mercy.

Now that was a great line, it really sums things up, loved it. Thanks for another terrific read, can't wait to receive the next email telling me that you posted a new story...
pandora jazz chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Well I'm going to try and type a thank you for sharing your story with us, as my cat attempts to lay on the keyboard.

So here goes.

I love how you started this chapter, 'Sam came to and lashed out instinctively at whoever was pulling him away from Dean.'

Sam did a great job of taking care of Dean. I enjoyed the brother moments such as Sam knowing Dean would want the bed close to the door, even if he was injuried.

The brothers thinking about each other - very emotional.

'What would become of Sam when he was alone? What would become of him if there was no one to keep him human.'

'Sam had grown up never doubting that his brother would protect him and Dean had. - All those years ago, when the nursery was burning, Dean had grabbed Sam and run for safety. This time is was Sam's turn. Dean was going to Hell. And Sam was going to have to save him from the fire.'

I enjoyed your story. You tied it into the series and did a wonderful job with their voices.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Until next time, take care.
Rinne chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Fantastic ending.
InSecret chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Enjoyed it very much :) Thanks for sharing!
Stand In Girl chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
So good! You wrapped up your story and gave us some brother angst, too! I like how you always pull in the deal and Sam's burden of saving Dean (awesome thoughts on that, by the way) without letting those things overshadow the plotline. I liked Sam's protectiveness of Dean and the conversation at the end (like Dean doesn't know what flippant is! He's such an avoider). Great job!
Deanaholic1 chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
omg, really good ending, really really really good
friendly chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
nice job.. that was really good..
TraSan chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Oof - I'm almost melancholy after reading that chapter. It was a happy/sad/wistful sort of ending.

And this little section hit me the hardest:

"Sam had said he needed to be more like Dean. But the problem with that was that Dean only worked because he had Sam to temper his hardness. What would become of Sam when he was alone? What would become of him if there was no one to keep him human? The sight of Sam almost agreeing to sacrifice a virgin, of all things, was just one of the signs that Sam was in danger of falling.

Dean was going to become a demon. There was no way out of it. What he couldn’t tell Sam was that he was afraid the same thing was going to happen to him. One dead, one alive, both losing their ties with humanity.

Truth be told though, Dean was worrying about himself more at the moment. It didn’t sit well, worrying about himself more than Sam, but they were so close to the deadline and he was closer to being nearly paralyzed by fear than he’d ever been. He was so freakin’ terrified he could barely think, barely function. Not that he could tell that to Sam either."

And of course, your ending line was wonderful.

Great story - thanks for writing!
Ciya chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Hope you almost had the boys to yourself.

Another ghost is toast, another family saved, another set of clothes ruined but on the bright side the Impala got new tires. :)
Sue Pokorny chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
I just loved the way this blended the ghost case with their own struggle and their past and very frightening future. It was seemless and worked so well! Nicely done! I've enjoyed all your stories, but this one really had all elements and was one of the best I've read. Enjoyed it very much!Thanks!

Sue
JennK528 chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
It astounds and awes and humbles me how you can go from hilarious ("good end of a badger attack" hee!) to heartbreaking in just a few paragraphs. *sniff*

Another lovely tale.