Reviews for Forlorn Hope
K Hanna Korossy chapter 8 . 4/12/2008
I'm amazed at how you always come up with these plots that mirror the guys' situations. I didn't get this one until last chapter, but the marriage, the cost, was a good analogy. Inspired, as always.

I liked very much Sam's comment about it being Tuesday, and the contact of Bobby's in England. Good details. Good story.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 7 . 4/12/2008
I love and adore this line: “I don’t care if he’s turning into a freakin’ butterfly. He’s mine to worry about, not yours.” It just about sums up Dean perfectly.

And, wow, there's just not much joy this season, is there. Hard to have a happy ending when Hell looms in the distance. I run into that in my own writing. Sigh.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 5 . 4/12/2008
Aw, man, that's evil! Good for you. :

And good twist of curse v. spirit.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 4 . 4/12/2008
I'm sorry, going back I did see that Sam tried to do his share in the last chapter, just didn't have Dean's perspective. And in this one, he certainly holds his own. Bittersweet, the conversation they have about weddings (that word comes up a lot with you! :). And the jumping poltergeist or what not is very cool. I really like your inventiveness.
inzane73 chapter 8 . 4/12/2008
Ooh, role reversal. Excellent. Time for Sam to get a taste of what Dean has been through all these years. It was a nice wrap-up to the story.

Until next time!

inzane73 chapter 7 . 4/12/2008
You DID make Dean fight with glass in him! What's that poor man ever done to you? :)

'“He unconscious?” Dean asked Hope. She was the only one still mobile to take a look.

“Yes.”

“Give him a kick to make sure.” Hee! That was so very Dean.

It rang true to the characters that despite everything that is going on, life and death situations and all, they still are thinking about Dean's deal. The closer it gets, it will be hard to think of anything but.

inzane73 chapter 6 . 4/12/2008
Man, I go out of town for a couple of days and look what happens. I have to play catch up with three chapters!

This chapter had some serious ouchies. I was cringing with the whole salt in the wound thing.

"And now Dean was going to Hell. He didn’t want to think that there was even the possibility that his mother was going to see that." I really liked that part.

Don't tell me you are going to make Dean fight with glass in his hip. You wouldn't do that to poor Dean, would you?

Naed chapter 8 . 4/10/2008
Goodi! - Now run along and if Kripke fails to save Dean, - you do it, eh at least let Sam in your stories do it... Really did love your ending!
Tari Roo chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
I dislike that your fics are so short, but love that their brevity is part of the effectiveness and awesomeness that is your writing. You capture such wonderful emotion in a few lines, with such a fab ability to sketch plot and OCs with the lightest of touches.

Sigh. Just awesome writing, dude!

Thanks for the angst-ridden fic!
frenchfredo chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Sam didn’t know how his brother did it. Sam had spent close to a year now feeling the crushing burden of responsibility for Dean’s safety. Dean had been shouldering that burden since he was a child. Sam had grown up never doubting that his brother would protect him and Dean had. He protected him, first from hunting and the knowledge of what was awaiting them in the dark, then once Sam had known, Dean had still shielded him from as much as he could, acting as an intermediary between him and their father, letting Sam study while Dean went out and came back with bruises or worse. And when Sam was hunting, Dean had protected him with the only thing he had left, his own body. Just one year of feeling the absolute responsibility for Dean’s life was about to bring Sam to his knees, wanting to beg for mercy.

Now that was a great line, it really sums things up, loved it. Thanks for another terrific read, can't wait to receive the next email telling me that you posted a new story...
pandora jazz chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Well I'm going to try and type a thank you for sharing your story with us, as my cat attempts to lay on the keyboard.

So here goes.

I love how you started this chapter, 'Sam came to and lashed out instinctively at whoever was pulling him away from Dean.'

Sam did a great job of taking care of Dean. I enjoyed the brother moments such as Sam knowing Dean would want the bed close to the door, even if he was injuried.

The brothers thinking about each other - very emotional.

'What would become of Sam when he was alone? What would become of him if there was no one to keep him human.'

'Sam had grown up never doubting that his brother would protect him and Dean had. - All those years ago, when the nursery was burning, Dean had grabbed Sam and run for safety. This time is was Sam's turn. Dean was going to Hell. And Sam was going to have to save him from the fire.'

I enjoyed your story. You tied it into the series and did a wonderful job with their voices.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Until next time, take care.
Rinne chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Fantastic ending.
InSecret chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Enjoyed it very much :) Thanks for sharing!
Stand In Girl chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
So good! You wrapped up your story and gave us some brother angst, too! I like how you always pull in the deal and Sam's burden of saving Dean (awesome thoughts on that, by the way) without letting those things overshadow the plotline. I liked Sam's protectiveness of Dean and the conversation at the end (like Dean doesn't know what flippant is! He's such an avoider). Great job!
Deanaholic1 chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
omg, really good ending, really really really good
158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »