Reviews for Forlorn Hope
lili20 chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
I loved Sam in the protector mode, he was so sweet! And it was so awesome Dean knew exactly what Sam was thinking without even opening his, I love those boys. Thanks.
Amy chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Hm. Sam has become as protective of Dean as he is of him. I like that, but then again I get why Sam is worried what might happen to him later when Dean isn't there to keep him balanced. They complete each other. So they just have to find a way to fix it right? ;)

This was funny.

Sam cleared his throat of the sudden constriction there. “Yeah?”

“I’m bleeding and you’re thinking. Think we could do something about that?”

That is so Dean. Bleeding, in pain, yet still making a joke. Though he was right. Lol. Good thing Bobby had a contact in England. I loved the crack about being flippant and it was so sweet of Sam to ask Dean if he wanted to go see that girl. He was thinking about it, but as usual the job and the looming messed up future of demons and deals comes first. Sweet, angsty, funny and poignant. Awesome story, can't wait to catch your next one.
toxicangel chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
awesome story! loved it!
kwater chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Great story, fav quote 'All those years ago, when the nursery was burning, Dean had grabbed Sam and run for safety. This time it was Sam’s turn.

Dean was going to Hell. And Sam was going to have to save him from the fire.'

I have read dozens and doezens of stories dealing with the deal and dean's trip to hell, this quote though just really beats all the long winded, flowery crap by a long shot. Perfect ending - Thanks for the great read - Kel
I'mcalledZorro chapter 8 . 4/9/2008
Another great story, as always! zi really enjoyed it and the mossessed items was a cool idea! Great job, and Thanks for the story!
frenchfredo chapter 7 . 4/9/2008
lots of brother angst here, and lots of blood! Waiting for the wrap-up.
frenchfredo chapter 6 . 4/9/2008
Jess’s death had nearly broken him, but Dean’s definitely would. Dean’s had. And it would again.

loved this line
frenchfredo chapter 5 . 4/9/2008
it's burrowing? yikes...
frenchfredo chapter 4 . 4/9/2008
“I’m sure there would’ve been a runt of the litter in there somewhere. And I’m sure you would’ve been there for him, teaching him how to overcompensate by being an a-”

“Hey!” Dean said indignantly. “Somebody’d have to teach the kid how to live surrounded by long-haired, brainy giants.”

frenchfredo chapter 3 . 4/9/2008
“She’s just worried, Dean. She has every right to be,” Sam said.

Dean sighed and sat down on the edge of his bed. “Yeah.”

Sam’s head came up in response. He hadn’t expected Dean to agree so easily. “What is it?”

“Nothing.” His brother looked almost embarrassed. “Just… hate it when old ladies yell at me.”

Sam smiled. “Comes with the territory. Everyone yells at us.”

“Yeah, but I can’t yell back. Yelling at an old lady is like yelling at a nun. You just don’t do it.”

“Dean, you have yelled at a nun.”

“Dude, she was a novice… or whatever you call it. A pre-nun. And she was evil. That doesn’t count.”

frenchfredo chapter 2 . 4/9/2008
Mort is the french name for dead, so that's ominous...
frenchfredo chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
great to have you back!
Here's Hoping chapter 7 . 4/9/2008
So, I'm not gonna lie, the "He would lose Hope" line with an uppercase H...kinda cheesy. But given the wonderfully excessive (who am I kidding? There no such THING as excessive.) amount of hurt!dean you have bestowed upon us, I've decided I'm okay with that. Bring on the cheesy, because I will put it on crackers and eat it! No, but seriously, Dean's allowed to be cheesy if he thinks he's dying, which he's totally not. If I were Hope, I'd probably be freaking out a lot more, but I guess at this point, they're all kind of in shock. I have missed Marigold in this story, though. I do hope she shows up in the last chapter. And kinda nagging question, but at the point in time that you are writing this, about how much longer have you been imagining Dean having left until his year is up? Wow, that question was unnecesarily wordy. Actually this entire review has been unnecesarily wordy. It may have something to do with the fact that it's 6:15 a.m. and I'm working on a 10 page paper that's due in less than 3 hours, but I'm not sure. I think I talk (well, type) more when I need sleep. Okay, I'll stop now. Wait! Almost forgot. Loved it! Can't wait for the next chapter! Okay, now I'm done.
pandora jazz chapter 7 . 4/8/2008
Dean was exactly how we picture him. Injuried, 'wasn't quite sure which of the Sams he should be arguing with,' but still pushing forward to stand by his brothers side, protect and finish the job.

"I don't care if he's turning into a freakin butterfly. He's mine to worry about, not yours. ...he's mine to deal with and I'll fix it."

You did such a good job of writing the brothers. I loved Dean's thoughts about Sam.

Of course Sam choking is not funny, but have to smile as everyone including spirits goes for his throat.

I'm glad that the brothers were able to get rid of the spirit.

Perfect ending, though bloody, the brothers passed out together sitting against the wall. (Is it OK to say? I understand Dean's thoughts of what Ruby said as he fell unconscious, but I really disliked that scene in the "witch episode".)

You have done an excellent job with your story. I've enjoyed reading it.

Thanks again for sharing it with us and the quick updates.

Take care.
Ciya chapter 7 . 4/8/2008
They really should have kept an eye out for those rapid badgers.

Hope you have vulnerable, unconscious Winchesters on your living room floor and you call for your parents. Are you nuts?
153 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »