Reviews for It's going to be alright
MillionMoments chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Great story, thanks for sharing :)
Deweynumbers chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
I can just see this scene: confusion, doubt, uncertainty and finally courage rewarded! The whole team is in character with Luigi's wise words really counting for a .
xXCoral-RoseXx chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
Aww this is so sweet !

*favs*
lioness2611 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Have only just found this fic. Loved it!
DreamingOfParadise chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Great story, lots of Gene/Alex, which is great! :)

Hope you right a sequel or anything story, your writing style is addictive. :)

Keep up the great work.
This Used To Be My Account chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
A lovely story! I am a big fan of the present tense. I agree that the first paragraph felt a little weird, somehow...I guess you were just settling in. But it's a wonderful fic, and, as stated, I love the present tense; it gives a different feel to things and can often be quite poetic, in my experience.

Hope this is the first of many!

xx
Gene's Gilly chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
A lovely, delicate story, exploring the balance of Gene and Alex's emotions just at that particular moment - it probably would have all changed in the morning.

One gripe - UK English uses 'all right', not 'alright', but I'm just picky.

The best bits: 'probably southern' - oh yes! The genie staying in the bottle was inspired, and I'm not sure you can have someone who's 'fully unreconstructed', but it's a great phrase, describing Gene perfectly.

Finally... your use of the continuous present is wonderful - it gives the story an edginess and a fragility that it would quite lack if written in any past tense. You stick with the present tense and be damned!
NeoQBirdie chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
That was so sweet and very lovely. Gene x Alex
Silvestria chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
This is amazing! And it's your first fanfic. Well done. :) Write more!
SassyJ chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Fantastic.
Anacondragon chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
This is well Good!
starbuckhan chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Loved this story, you capture both Gene and Alex so well. Write More ! :0)Added story to my favs
Gem6 chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Aww fantastic!

Gem x
Siggy chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Yes this is a lovely story and so in character - especially Gene. I know I've enjoyed a story when I don't want it to end - you could probably keep this going or it still works as a one shot.

Agree about the tense used at the beginning of the story - needs to be third person, but it settles quickly after that.

Well done
PhantomSpannah chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
aww - cute and good!

Only little picking point is that it's all in the present tense- written like a screenplay - I would have gone for third person, imperfect tense if I were you!

Other than that - great story and characters!