Reviews for Firewall
summerartist chapter 16 . 8/4/2014
Hi! I've read several of your fics and I have to say that I love this one the very best. Bashir's emotions, especially his indigence and defensiveness are relatable. Lovely fic and an interesting avenue of canon to experiment with!
TexasSupernaturalCowgirl chapter 16 . 3/12/2013
Great story. I enjoyed the alternate ending of the episode.
Peridot5 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Absolutely amazing. And angsty. But not overdone angst—there was sure a lot of it, but considering the circumstances… Super story. Lots of plot. I read it straight through. And there are sequels, I see. Good deal.
Leona Esperanza chapter 16 . 10/21/2011
It's been a long time since I've watched or read any DS9, but your story has done a good job of reminding me what a fantastic show it was. It's also reminded me of the major crush I had on Bashir at the time. Those were the days... And now I'm off to read the rest of your series. Thanks for a great story!
THankyou chapter 16 . 11/17/2010
well written enjoyable read
nightbird47 chapter 16 . 7/21/2010
So, how did I miss this after its been around for so long?

Very intense, and kept my full attentions until I finished it. I wsa sure that Julian was going to end up locked up after all the *apparent* evidence that he was sucidial or delusional in their version of a 5150. And that comment that once the perception starts everything is seen in its light... so true. In any universe, au, cannon or some variance out there he'll have to walk on eggshells all his life because somewhere in the mind of those that hear about him, even those that know him is that little grain of doubt.

The way his reaction is portrayed, especially the first one which really does leave doubt that he was trying to sleep, it feels right. And that thing about the virus... I really do hope in other part we find out more about Appleton and I am very curious how Julian will act with Sloan's promise/warning. He must suspect they are the blackest of black ops and take note that he can't just *tell*.

Thanks for a wonderful ride and I'm looking forward to the next parts.
deeply-spaced chapter 6 . 12/9/2009
Oopsie. Just like Sloan to make this all look like Julian's fault. Yeah, I'd puke too if it were me, bless Julian's heart. I'm so glad Jadzia is there for Julian and I DO hope she believes him! I loved the touch of her holding his hand as he drifted off to sleep. What does she see in Worf, anyway? LOL. I know, that's not relevant here, but I can't help it sometimes.

I still like Hayes, though ... even though he took Julian's place and doesn't believe Julian right now. He seems like a kind man ... a kind man I'd like to smack right about now. This story is so awesome!
deeply-spaced chapter 5 . 12/9/2009
I love Garak's question and Julian's answer:

“That brash young man from five years ago - was he really Julian Bashir, or was that all just an act?”

... “Perhaps…” he mused. “He may have been a little of both.”

I've always wanted Julian to answer that question ... and here he's answered it ... and just the way I thought he would too! Most awesome.

This made me laugh out loud: ... he found that his stomach was squirming every bit as much as Martok’s gagh. Several of the slender, red-bellied worms appeared to be rising up to greet him. Tee-hee.

Then Sloan shows up and hypos Julian! I didn't see that one coming at all! Ah, the suspense! Incredible chapter!
deeply-spaced chapter 4 . 12/9/2009
I get the feeling General Martok is now a permanent life-long Julian Bashir bodyguard, not to mention concerned friend. After everything they went through in the prison camp, I can see this so easily.

You write so well ... providing the reader with details and wonderful descriptive narrative, while at the same time leaving just enough room for our imaginations to fill in any blanks.

Loving this.
deeply-spaced chapter 3 . 12/9/2009
Lovely chapter title! Yes me and my fellow Julian Bashir fans love that song because it reminds us of the good doctor. Now if only it would come out on Beatles Rock Band, we could play and sing along!

I felt Julian's pain during dinner, how awkward he felt and the forced conversation. Absolutely everything has changed for him now and you are gradually showing us how things will never be the same for him again. It's heartbreaking and yet I'm captivated.

You had me wondering what was going through Miles's mind, wondering if he still resented Julian for the secrets and lies and for hiding away. Wondering if he still cares for him like he always has. Wow.
deeply-spaced chapter 2 . 12/9/2009
I love Captain Sisko in this ... his concern for Julian is so touching. I always think of him as a father figure to Julian and this is perfect. Julian's thoughts and perceptions of what has happened and what is going on around him is so fascinating.

Yay! Dinner at the O'Brien's! Bless them for caring for Julian so much. Really great chapter!
deeply-spaced chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
I've been trying to find some quiet time to finally give this a proper read and review and I am so happy to have begun! Wonderful premise for a story! I can clearly see this all happening right before my eyes. This alternate take on the canon events seems just as real ... very plausible.

The Chief's reaction to the state of Julian and his quarters was perfect. Julian is so canon here ... what a great start!
Anaya Doitici Orewid chapter 16 . 1/12/2009
Oh my. It's not often these days that I am genuinely in awe of fics I read but.. man, I loved this.
miarath chapter 16 . 11/22/2008
Very beautiful and deep story. Love it. :D

Loved all the emotional turmoil and pain, but I loved the end even more. Seeing as the solution was already there and it took Julian an almost disaster to see it. :D
Rachel Evans chapter 16 . 11/8/2008
I love this story so much! I'm so glad I found your last story that I reviewed because I wouldn't have found this story. I love both of them. _

I saw on your favorite stories list that you have some of Gabrielle Lawson's stories listed. If you haven't read her other stuff, I strongly recommend it. It's amazing.

I hope that I have time to read some of your other work in the near future. _