Reviews for Erasing History
ToddGilliss chapter 49 . 8/16/2013
please bring this story back to life
SlythMistress chapter 49 . 8/15/2013
I honestly love your take on this. Seeing the Marauders grow up, happy, heathy, safe and protected is amazing. I love how supportive Harry is of Lily choosing whomever she wishes, and I hope that Harry finds a way to stay alive after he would be born without causing himself to not be born.
SlythMistress chapter 25 . 8/13/2013
I love the story so far, and am catching up to the point you're at fairly quickly. But I felt the need to leave this review here because of a small continuity issue. After Riddle Manor collapsed on Voldy, the versions of Lily, James, Sirius, Remus, and Severus told Harry that Nagini had died due to rubble thus killing the horcrux in her at the same time. But now you've got her mentioned to be alive. I'm just wondering which is how you meant it.
old-crow chapter 49 . 8/12/2013
Hi,

Your battle between Orian and Dumbledore was well told. I did have a question for you regarding Dumbledore's motivation. It was possible to assume that his actions in Harry's lifetime were in response to the prophecy. That said, in this timeline, the prophecy hasn't been told and now presumably, won't for another few years.

Aside from simply being a control freak, did he have any logical reason to disrupt the destruction process of Riddle that Orian and crew were attempting? One could argue that Dumbledore created Voldemort, but you haven't gone down that path and given that the story appears to be wrapping up, probably won't go there.

All the best,

Old-Crow
old-crow chapter 18 . 8/10/2013
Hi,

Your Dumbledore is very believable, even if he is disappointing.

Old-Crow
Akuma-Heika chapter 22 . 8/5/2013
Dark Lord had taken the opportunity to hide the diadem horcrux in the Room of Requirement while he was there.
Pretty sure he had done so previously. If he had a horcrux on his person when in an interview with ALbus he would have been carted off to Azkaban right there. He got the diadem while he was a student.

What is the download at this side of this box for?
Only case of it happening in canon was LilySev so...possible.

extra-strength Unbreakable charms
Can an Unbreakebale charm be extra stength? By definition unbreakable is unbreakable there are no levels to it.

Professor Garber looked up and spotted them immediately
How has he managed for 4 years of the curse? This would be his 4th year teaching when he should have lost the position 3 years previous. A return should have ensured great harm to his person. Unless that occurs at the end of this year.

"Not much. Just that it involves Death Eaters and possibly You-Know-Who.
Why is she calling Tom by the Title-We-Know? He hasn't raped and pillaged in town sized slaughters yet. What is causing a high level unspeakable to fear his very name?

It allows you to read people's minds, see their memories, thoughts, and feelings. I'll teach you how to use it, but you need to promise me something."
I like Sev's description that the mind is not a book to be read.

A wizard or witch can be an Occlumens without being a Legilimens, but a Legilimens is always an Occlumens as well."
My favortie HP fic was the reverse of that and had solid logic for it called Harry Potter and the Boy WHo Lived by The Santi

Nagini, who had been returning from a hunt, was struck and killed by a large chunk of falling masonry, the Horcrux within her, which Voldemort had made only days before, dying at the same instant.
Based on canon events once made into a horcrux she would be indestructible to most means (regeneration as well as high endurance).

He woke me up from the nightmare, held me, comforted me, and then spent the night with me in his animagus form.
What is your Sev's animagus form?
Akuma-Heika chapter 13 . 8/4/2013
it wouldn't take much for them to make a few discreet enquiries with the WCPA and then they'd know my name.
It wouldn't take that much to figure that out from the fact he has been adopted into the House of Potter and is now high society. You have made your magic world very advanced. Child Services didn't exist in the timeframe magical britain is in. Thus we can conclude that the common classes would have an onsession with the high class and the high class having to know each other thus Harry's identity is going to be know by the Unspeakables quickly anyway...at least his team. Especially since he has time traveller strapped to his titles.

Amelia Lockhart
Rapist's mother? cannot remember his name only that it can be assumed he is a rapist. Year 2 DADA teacher.

when he and the student who up till then had been my school rival helped me when I was thrown into a particularly embarrassing situation.
What situation?

Tobias is Severus' father. No matter what his mother and I have arranged, until Tobias either dies or does something which necessitates Sev's removal from the house,
He said his father cursed him. A curse I believe by definition is dark magic; wouldn't that be a Azkaban sentense? Not permanent but if he is scared of his own shadow and has no wand (and as a pureblood he has little common sense and despises muggle means of doing things) he would be no threat after that.

Severus nodded. "Yes. He might be my biological father but I want you. I want you to be my father, I don't care if it's by adoption, I want to stay here. I know I'm safe with you; I don't know how I know that, I just do."
HarryEileen? Sad. If Harry becomes the Master of Death could he revive her? Stone partial resurrection, Cloak bonded with Death's power, and the Elder Wand that enhances all magic and allows one to perform impossibilities. All three combined makes a Master/Conquerer/Vanquisher of Death those titles suggests being able to overcome death.

The diary and diadem would both be horcruxes. The ring is likely one as well.

"Are you worried that James and Lily will reject you once they know the truth?" Charles asked. Orion shook his head to start with but then ever so slowly nodded. Charles shook his head and hugged Orion.
I believe it is more liekly that Lily will be marrying Severus in your story. Because of harry's interference Sev has changed a lot and James is now his friend. Lily will have had several years of friendship with Sev who she knows can be mature while James will still be immature at least for a few years.

RemusPetunia? PLEASE!

Then there are families where neither of the parents is magical, and a child is. It's just, well, I can't really explain it."
In the case of the mundanes/muggles one of the parents is a squib. Petunia's kids could be magical especially if she takes a wizard as a lover/husband.

At least he now knew where her dislike of magic came from, it came from jealousy.
Initially, her parents and sister being killed because of magic probably did not help though. Harry having her sisters eyes would not have helped either.

"Why aren't I a witch too?"
"Why am I not a witch too?"

they now knew what some of the Horcruxes were likely to be
To be wise it would be best to prevent Bella's conversion. It would change the location of one but he said he has a spell to track them so not a big deal compared to the power house Harry would add to his side.

The next youngest family member after James was Orion and he chose as his first present,
debatably he is the youngest.

itched in the presence of part of his enemy's soul. He resisted the urge to rub it,
If he killed Tom than the horcrux in his scar would have eben destroyed as well. WHy is it being affected?

Purple flames leapt from his wand and raced towards the ring, engulfing it, and Orion fancied that he could almost hear the soul piece scream in agony. When he saw the ring was now a blob of melted gold, he stopped the spell.
The stone set in the ring is imbued with Death's power and Death is an amortal being. It cannot be destroyed so how was the stone destroyed? If fiendfyre could destroy even the indestructible than the first time it was cast would have engulfed the world since nothing could touch it in order to stop it. your world still exists so how did the stone get destroyed?
Katsume chapter 49 . 8/2/2013
O A O
A-awesome Story!
Cant wait for the next chappy! :DDDD
Akuma-Heika chapter 7 . 8/4/2013
I was at a friend's when the attack happened so I was spared. My parents and my brother were all mauled to death though.
how is she his aunt than? IF everyone but her was killed than no siblings alive to have kids.
Akuma-Heika chapter 6 . 8/4/2013
Several hours later, Orion James Potter was registered with the Ministry of Magic as a time-traveler
I believe time travel was illegal in the HPverse. WHy did they not ask questions when he commited a felony?

Will HArry hook up with a black sister? If not than a Veela?

Realized your sev will be very different e than canon since he doesn't have a magiphobic father.

If he paid the full price now he would have to wait for a while before his money got back up to a comfortable level again.
if a small manor costs 7 grand, 1700 would be enough to live off of for years if not decades. why is he concerned?

She takes care of me because she has to but she doesn't like it."
she could always push him back onto his parents.

"She's gone, she's abandoned me," he whispered.
It would be easy to find her. SHE cannot help but use magic as a grown witch and that can be tracked.
Akuma-Heika chapter 3 . 8/4/2013
YWh did Fawkes already have a human alias prepared?
Akuma-Heika chapter 2 . 8/4/2013
then he grounded me for the entire summer between my fifth and sixth years for using an Unforgivable
He used it becuase she killed him so how is Sirius grounding him?
catspaw439 chapter 49 . 7/31/2013
I have enjoyed this story immensely and am looking forward to the next update whenever it may be.
clexfan chapter 49 . 7/27/2013
This chapter worth the wait. Congratulations on the engagement. Good luck! :-)
Guest chapter 49 . 7/17/2013
Ok I like so far, But Please keep James has Harry Father.
2,348 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »