Reviews for Die, Black, Die Slowly
popola chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
That was briliant! Ten times better than the original (but that's no secret that everything is better through Edward's eyes).

I was always furious with his passivity in this scene and your rendering of it made it so much better!

Now Charlie's attitude is one of the most disgusting I've ever seen. I never understood how a police officer could feel so blase with the fact that his own daughter was assauted. He thought it was fun! "Good for you, Jacob" I think was what he said. It always turns my stomach to read this passage.

Anyways, kudos. I loved it! Lets see what else you'll come up with.
birdwoman95 chapter 4 . 8/13/2010
found this through another person's favorite stories, and I can see why! I really like the way you've presented Edward's POV, and it makes the whole thing more plausible and less... cloying (ducking! Don't hit me! I read the series this summer because all of my students love it, and I felt the need to understand why!)

excellent work!
sami.60 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Ooh super funny! I loved that line about the poodle threatening a mastiff. Keep writing, it's awesome!
Amethystars chapter 4 . 7/14/2010
I have a huge weakness for EPOV, the more true to the book and thinking-heavy the better. This series was amazing. It fit with the books and my idea of Edward very well, but it was new and interesting. Thanks!
HollyElphie96 chapter 4 . 11/1/2009
O.M.G

This is great! And FAB! And...I'm running out of words to describe how excellent this story is.

You've really captured Edward's voice and you've written some excellent fanfiction!

Holly x
Snuze chapter 4 . 10/30/2009
That is my favourite chapter. You write really well, i was disappointed when it ended - a great sign!
Snuze chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
thanks for the story, i liked what you did with the characters. I never stop to think what the others are thinking, so it is nice when someone does it for me to such good effect!
OhIt'sYou chapter 4 . 10/22/2009
Of the four, I liked this the best. But I liked them ALL, and they are very well done, IMO.

Loved the way you interwove Romeo here, and then editorialized on it. :)

"I had always rather despised Romeo for the scene in Act Five where he hears of Juliet’s death. With only a single bitter exclamation, he rides off to purchase his poison, and yet, I used to think, if ever there were a time for grandiose speeches, it should have been then. Why didn’t he shape fury and anguish into verbal blows until the boards of the stage shuddered with echoes of a grief to shake the universe?

But now I understood. He said nothing because to speak would have been a waste of time. The connection between a word and meaning is tenuous at best. Those slender tethers had snapped.

All that remained was to do."

So beautifully imagined and expressed.
jlmckinney1982 chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
That was really great! You did a fabulous job with Edward's POV. Loved it!
Wendi 'Triplet Mom' Sotis chapter 4 . 9/25/2009
I enjoyed all your EPOV stories. I hope you do more (even though you say you won't)!
myimm0rtal chapter 2 . 7/19/2009
I've had this story on my favorites list for a while now, and though this is the first time for me to review it, I have to say I've read it over quite a few times. I would dare say that these four chapters you've penned truly are my favorite EPOV stories in Twilight fandom ;). THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to write out Edward's POV, and most importantly, for capturing his perspective with the perfect balance of moodiness AND wit. It seems like you're the only fanfic author I've come across who hasn't forgotten that one of Edward's defining traits is his ingenious wittiness. His sharp humour is just as much a part of him as his endless brooding. I do hope you'd reconsider and write some more one shots from EPOV. I think you have an excellent grasp on his character, and have truly done him justice. Your EPOV shorts have been refreshing after reading story after story of an Edward whose only moods are either uber-depressed or infatuated lovesick teen. Again, excellent work!
Splendid Summit chapter 3 . 7/11/2009
Dear gifted Philippa,

This is my first review ever. I'm a new soul to fanfic because well I have four sons (17-10)and I'm married to a close to Edward fella. I'm busy with the natural chaos that ensues.

But I took my sweet teen niece last fall to see Twilight and I fell into this terribly addicting world. I'm all kinds of resentful.

And so I started reading fanfic. Some,okay most, are bad. But a few are quite good. Your Die, Black, Die Slowly is exceptional.

Please consider writing more Twilight. Because I've yet to read a writer who had truer Twilight canon-like instincts.

Please!
CindyWindy chapter 3 . 7/6/2009
It was a pleasure to read your stories from Edward's POV. Thanks for writing them. I'd love to read more like them!
Kenzie02m chapter 4 . 7/5/2009
Love the Romeo & Juliet quote.. one of my favorite. This is amazing:) Chapter Two- One of my favorite parts of Eclipse, even though I like Edward, that little dose of revenge was kind of deserved, and it was fun to read.
pattyrose chapter 4 . 6/13/2009
So beautiful! Thank you so much for writing this! These glimpses into Edward's mind were wonderful. You should really write more! Definitely one of my top 5.
203 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »