Reviews for Vanity Not Quite Fair
hispreciousthing chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
*Snickering* Well, I do remember reading in some sort of official something (I think an excerpt from the original story) that when Sarah said Her Words to defeat the Goblin King he did actually turn into a goblin at her feet so... It wasn't too harsh a twist. ;) I liked it!
Born in 20th Century chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
THANK YOU so much for writing and sharing this amazing little fic - and this was very memorable, indeed - wonderfully written, brilliant idea! :D
Cherry Blossom Angel 18 chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
Cute ending! And a definitely different take on Jareth's...uh... species for lack of better term than what I've read. :)
Nichalia chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
LOL!
lolo1234 chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
very very funny, I'm not sure I'll ever get the image out of my mind of his feet not reaching the floor!
Pipa chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
great twist, it makes far more sense for him to be a goblin )
startraveller776 chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
*snicker* Oh, I loved this. Quite hilarious! And the last line really made it. Good stuff. (I'm misplacedmama on LJ, btw.)
StrangersToLove chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Fantastic punchline! I just had to say a little something about how much I loved reading this, as I sit here - huge grin plastered across my face! This is short and silly, but so incredibly sweet! It's definitely a must read for those of us who love Jareth and Sarah together - no. matter. what.
Surelady chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
The push-up bra comment at the end was priceless! But actually, it does make sense that the king of goblins would be a friggin goblin. Although I think I'm as shallow as Sarah and prefer him Bowie-shaped.
A Mistake chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
"...sorry to be shallow"

That has to be one of the best lines I've read. It has always egged me why David Bowie gets to be the Jareth the King of Goblins looking like a human rock star (well, we know what he is, doesn't mean the producers should get away with it without an explanation though). It's a refreshing change from the Jareth-is-a-Fae/Fairy theory, and I like the maturity that comes with the older Sarah.

Which reminds me... if you ever try writing something to mock the paragraphs upon paragraphs of description of Jareth or Sarah's beauty that is inflicted upon us poor readers in some fanfictions some other time, I would definitely read it.

Many thanks for writing this.
chee-wit chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
I prefer that explanation than him being a "Fae" or Fairie creature, it bothers me to no end. The King of England was English, the Prime Minster of Canada is a Canadian and the King of the Goblin is a goblin. I thought it was very amusing and sweet, when he took off the amulet I was reminded of the story "The Donkey". Very nice, thank you for better explanation. :)
wistfulXdreams chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
*cackles madly* Absolutely perfect! Hahaha, I have wondered about that amulet...ohmigosh. Genius. XD
ElfMaidenOfLight chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
"(Sits back and waits to be beaten to death by rabid Jareth fanatics.)"

UH...

*quickly hides 2x4*

precious?
Gemkat5 chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
This is a very original idea. I really liked it. It was cute and I loved Sarah's last comment! LMAO! Thanks for sharing!
kawaiisuzu chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
LOLZ.

That was fantastic, and that was actually one of the first things I wondered when I saw Bowie in the film. "Why isn't he a goblin?" It's interesting, since there's not a single other creature in the Labyrinth that looks human like he does (well, not counting the dream).

The dialogue was very well paced. :) And the ending line? Priceless.

-Suzu