Reviews for Montaigne's Folly
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
I've often wondered just what maids and maintenance folks see in their work and the assumptions they make, so Amanda isn't alone. It must be much more difficult being someone of notoriety, someone whose personal habits WILL be remembered by those tasked with taking care of their domestic needs. I'd love to see a complement to this where we hear from the domestic staff of this or any other posting. In serving Sarek & Amanda, what do they come across? What assumptions do they make? Do they talk to each other, or do they keep their thoughts to themselves? I know your writing schedule is already full, but, still, if the mood ever hits... (*grin*) Thanks for this story.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I love how you portrayed Amanda as being both politically astute and a tad mischievous. Absolutely delightful, thank you!
Ree923 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
absolutely love this as I love everything you write
LettieM chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
I enjoyed this story very much, especially Sarek's exasperation at their being assigned, first separate bedrooms, then twin beds when he insisted Amanda's things be moved to his bedroom. The way you write dialog between Sarek and Amanda is so charming and feels so true to their characters, and their discussion as to the politics of declining a seat on the Federation High Council was fascinating. Excellent work, as always.
VickyFromGreece chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Very nice and well written story! The political manoeuvres are very complex and show the high lever of your writing abilities. That, combined to the hilarious I-refuse-to-sleep-away-from-you-even-for-one-night situation, makes this clever story very special.
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
The domestic servants certainly had a busy time with Sarek and Amanda visiting. Poor Sarek - twin beds indeed!
Kaka-C chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
gosh! I love your writing :) the politicking and manoevring is very interesting.

Amazing characterization. I really enjoy reading your stuff :)
Grey Wolf chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Keheheheheh. Sarek needs to do a bit of research on Terran's more... unmentionable faux pas ;) You do know that Star Trek still publishes novels, don't you? Maybe you could offer them your assistance? Your writing is certainly up to par.
aaaa chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
it has the perfect balance of fluff and seriousness that i absolutely love...
Lula1 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I finally am making my way down your list of stories. This story was an excellent piece. I enjoyed Amanda's humor as well as Sarek's exasperation immensely. Gotta love it! Separate bedrooms, then twin beds, lol. Excellent job. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
Drifting One chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
This story was really cute! I love how they seem so in love with each other. It's so romantic!
Terry L. Gardner chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Love this story. Just the right combination of drama & humor. The twin beds were a scream! LOL!
bina W chapter 1 . 5/21/2008
Hi Pat,

I did not liek the story, but I have liked the rest of ur stories.:) I guess it was Sarek's humor that rubbed me off, not sure.

Bina
onaleia chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
~pleased nod~ Always a pleasure to read your work. I look forward to seeing more in the future. Thank you for all you have taken the time to create and share.
girlsix chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Ah, Pat. In all this excellence, this

"...the muted rumble that I assumed was Sarek’s answer..."

and this

"... he ran a hand through his damp hair, curling naturally into ringlets, and frowned..."

made me sigh out loud.