Reviews for Before James
Guest chapter 23 . 9/3/2014
Honestly when I started reading I was ready to jump you in a dark alley (not really but still) but I ended up really liking it!
booklover1004 chapter 23 . 11/5/2013
I must say that when I first started reading this story I had my doubts as to how it would turn out but this story has clearly "Exceeded Expectations" . I love the way you have given shape to all the characters especially Sirius. The plot is really original and I hope you continue writing such amazing stories in future. The last three chapters especially were really well written and although I obviously knew what the ending would be I found myself second guessing myself over and over again. This is undoubtedly one of my favourite stories in the harry potter universe and please do continue writing!
flawsmadebeautiful chapter 3 . 9/18/2013
Interesting concept...I sort of like the idea.
712sandhya chapter 23 . 11/10/2012
awwwww... sirius's feelings were heartbreaking ... *sniff*
ladylily101 chapter 7 . 9/16/2011
heheh, reareading this is highly entertaining peter is so damn awkard! xD
FlowerPower123 chapter 23 . 1/23/2011
Awww! I love this story! It's so amazing.:)
Shiroi Majo chapter 23 . 12/1/2010
I really enjoyed your view of the James/Lilly relationship. As proof of this, your story is the first one I'm actually reviewing! I also really appreciated that you left Sirius as single with a good reason behind it. Loved the last chapter! Even though you had promised a James/Lilly relationship, you still created some really great tension with Lilly's final choice. The scene in the dressing room right before the wedding was wonderful!

I did feel that you made Sirius's home life out to be a bit too extreme, with his parents using the Unforgivable curses, but that's the author's right.

Most of your changes in POV were really clear and easy to follow, and I didn't have to keep scrolling back to figure out what I'd missed.

I really enjoyed the characters you created with James, Lilly, and Sirius, but I felt that Remus, Peter, Emma and Carly were a bit flat. I missed some of the impact of Carly's death because of it. Not sure if you will ever revise this work, but if you do, it might be nice to do some more character development on the supporting characters.

And, now that I have spent a thousand words sounding like I actually know what I'm talking about, I will just thank you for writing this story. I really enjoyed reading!
desirable69 chapter 23 . 7/1/2010
Uhmm.. not even gonna lie. You totally got me in these last two chapters. :/

Seriously, (haha) I was actually thinking that Lily chose Sirius for a few fleeting moments. But then I was like 'Uh, duh! Lily and James get married!' Lol!.

The ending was absolutely fab. So bittersweet, like I'm sure it was meant to be. But anyways.. you are an amazing writer and I plan on reading more of your stories!:)

Ciao!

Desirable69
desirable69 chapter 12 . 7/1/2010
Aww...:'(

That was so sad! *Sniff Sniff* But that's just because I love Sirius Black, I really do.:)

But I love Lily and James.. so it's turning into a win-win .. I think? :)

On to the next chapter!
desirable69 chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Eeesh! i just wanna say... i never review if there is already another chapter soooo.. this review in all entirety, is a compliment.:)

Ahh! Awesome.. found this story in some random favorite's list.. and now I'm in love!

Just had to review this once. :) and i will if i get excited about any more chapters, as I'm likely to do.:D

Can't wait to read the rest of the story!

Ciao!
crymeariver chapter 23 . 4/2/2010
itwas such a great story.
twilight2441476 chapter 23 . 1/22/2010
You made me cry! I adore this story! I love the lily/ sirious Ship! I love the way it ended but I wouldn't have minded if it had been sirious! I love this whole story! Keep up the amazing work! :D
over-rehearsed chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Ah an interesting start. I'll read more later
random poka dots chapter 23 . 8/18/2009
Aw! This is such a sweet story! I loved every moment and chapter of it. I read it all in one go. I just couldn't put the story away. I didn't think that Sirius could have ever felt that way about Lily and vice versa. This was a great plot to consider. Wonderful job! It was a lovely story.
The-Herbasaur chapter 23 . 8/15/2009
That was such a completely wonderful story! I enjoyed it so much. I had to read the last chapter in such a rush, I just had to know who it was. You had me guessing until the very end. I will also admit I almost cried. I know Sirius is just a character in a book, but he's my favorite, and to see him like that...oh man. But you wrote it brilliantly. I have to say, I've always been fascinated about what happened to Sirius and why he didn't have a girl for himself. Major props on your story, I loved it! :)