Reviews for NORTHANGER ABBEY: 21st Century America
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 1 . 3/26
This is gorgeous!
I love it so much. Catelyn's literary taste matches mine perfectly, although it highly amused me to wonder how she got the ambition to be such a heroine as her 13 year old self describes, from Jane Eyre?! "beautiful desirable young heroines, abductions and dashing heroic rescues
The attitude that "attracts dashing young men and has that shimmering aura of provocative exhilaration." is certainly not how I would describe Jane, nor for that matter Mr Rochester.
I put it down to a typical thirteen year old skim reading which only collects what she WANTS to read in there, not what actually is.
As a eighteen year old her applications are far more reasonable and I am glad to see she has expanded her taste of Charlotte's stories to those of her sister's, although how she can keep two books of such intensity going at the same time is beyond me.

I LOVE the way you describe her Aunt and Uncle. The characters are very similar to Mr and Mrs Allen, but put very naturally into a modern context which does not seem at all forced.
I don't usually like modernisations of my favourite classics, but so far it works really well.
Uncle Tom's penchant for musical songs is delightful and makes me warm to him as I also subject my family to the same habit.
I also feel very encouraged by Catelyn's homeschooled missionary life. She may not be aware of it herself but the character qualities of compassion and flexibility and finding ways to communicate with people very different to herself, are far more valuable than ANYTHING she could learn in a typical high school.
I shall keep reading tomorrow.
noukinav018 chapter 6 . 5/24/2010
no kidding! he's meeting ur Thorpes' bros version!

aw man, when is Catelyn meeting Adam again? I really miss him, he has only made one real appearance so far.

oh and we still hv to meet Adam's brother Ben... that would be interesting. The other part that has piqued my curiosity is Adam's parent's divorce!

and Cate has yet to meet Miss Bradford too!

I'm also wondering about the role that Adam's parents are going to take in the plot. Prospects are very amusing.

PLS DO HAVE MERCY ON US!

O.M.G.

I am in sheer horror!

I just took a look at the date u uploaded this chapter, and I'm nearly going to get teary eyed with sorrow! and fidget-y and a bit worried... I'll go nuts and tear my hair out in frustration. Help me.

pls tell us that u're going to keep updating?

**pulls tamtrum***

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

toodles

pls do keep writing & I promise that I'll keep reviewin!

girls honour!
noukinav018 chapter 5 . 5/24/2010
?

okay I'm in a bit of a loss I think XD

but according to me that was a dream right?
noukinav018 chapter 4 . 5/24/2010
Interesting.

REally? XD one of the most eligible bachelors?

ha ha ha. that sounds good to me xD
noukinav018 chapter 3 . 5/24/2010
Nice XD

love the wit! aw

I wonder when are they meeting again

Perhaps ur Eleanor version is coming up next?
noukinav018 chapter 2 . 5/24/2010
ROTFL OMG BA HA HA HA HA HA HA

This is just so awesome! XD Finally! U introduced ur Henry Tilney...I mean... Adam Bradford XD

aaw...too bad he has no British accent :(

but the wit and charming attitude is greatly appreciated XD

I believe I am prepare to hear the never ending tease.

XD

do keep writing!
noukinav018 chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
oh dear!

u hv no idea how I've been looking for NA fics!

XD sounds so promising!

pls do keep writing, don't leave us hanging pretty pls with a cherry on top?
Sam chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Good story, just one thing: what is the mud of the Amazon doing in Africa? *confused*

Keep up the good work!
HuGaBblesEaL chapter 6 . 12/11/2009
good good, i like your modernazation of things but... i would only say maybe...dunno increase fluff, i luv flufiness and i think thats the only thing missing _
Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
This is fabulous! I'm quite fond of Northanger Abbey and Catherine is my favourite Austen heroine or nonheroine rather :P. I love the way you've made her a homeschooled missionary kid. It really fits with her character.

I can really relate to her since I am also homeschooled, christian, and think coffee is gross. I can relate to her being uncomfortable with those scenes in the movie and Hannah's language and stuff. Anyhoo I'm really enjoying this so far and hope you update soon :)
ShyReader1 chapter 6 . 2/17/2009
Hi! I'm very glad you updated! I liked the new chapter and I think this story is progressing pretty well.

I really liked how you brought Adam in and didn't have it that he was falling in love with her from the beginning, just like the book. I kind of have to agree with the earlier review about Catelyn falling in love so easily, but I think it makes sense. She's young and has seen little of the world. Right now, she's infatuated, and it will take time for her to really get to know him and fall in love with him. I can't wait to find out more about Nelson and more lovely scenes between Catelyn and Adam!

Just a suggestion, maybe you could transition more into the dream sequences or have Catelyn describe more of what's going on. I think it's a great idea, but when I first read the sequence I was slightly confused and felt it was out of context until I read the end of Chapter 5. Otherwise, I like how you've organized things.
jakeline chapter 6 . 9/30/2008
Oh great chapter! Can't wait for the next one! Nelson's gonna be fun to read about. :)
NarnianQueen chapter 6 . 9/30/2008
I love it! Northanger Abbey fics are not so common, so it's great to read one. Your writing style is good and you have great grammar and spelling, which makes it a lot funner to read! :) So, update soon please!
jakeline chapter 5 . 5/21/2008
Oh excellent chapter. Different, and oh so good. Me wants more!
LibertyRoll chapter 5 . 5/20/2008
Hey - I'm just going to say this: I haven't seen the notebook, so I won't comment on this chapter. ;) But it's well written, so there, I just commented on this chapter.

And I apologize for my lack of update. I shall resume writing! :)