Reviews for Hollow
animeotaku4ever chapter 14 . 4/17/2012
i love this story! please update soon.
IrishInkWitch92 chapter 14 . 11/5/2011
update!
Seth Morningstar chapter 5 . 7/18/2010
See, this is where college level Anthropology classes come into effect, yknow, morals and such.
Seth Morningstar chapter 3 . 7/18/2010
My current assumptions: Mewtwo takes a child n completely erases and then rebuilds her to his preferences.
Seth Morningstar chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Odd. Seems like a very intricate OR (Origional Religion)

I am enjoying this very much though.
In a Quandary chapter 14 . 7/18/2010
Now - this - is the stuff epic fanfiction is made of.

I ought to congratulate you, WiseAbsol. Scarcely have I come across such a compelling and captivating story. The rich, detailed history of the settings (of place and society alike), the political intrigue and keen observation of social hierarchy, the philosophical and moral dilemmas - they never cease to hold me in rapture. And the characters... oh, the characters. Arei struggles oh-so-defiantly yet hopelessly against unfathomable matters of the psyche that chain to Mewtwo, who himself is a sinner of the utmost depravity. Their souls (fictitious though they be) are so damaged, so rife with conflict and chaos - the drama that unfolds between them is truly wondrous to behold as much as it is heart-wrenching. Their redemption - or at least, some alleviation of their suffering - is something I eagerly look forward to.

I greatly urge you to continue on with this story. It is absolutely fantastic.
Darkmekmon chapter 14 . 7/6/2010
I love this story! Can't wait to see what happens between Mewtwo and Ora...You're such an inspiration to me!
Seridano chapter 14 . 6/4/2010
This story, thus far is utterly amazing, and i do not often give such high compliments when perusing fanfiction...in fact only three other fanfics have ever captured me in the way that yours has managed to do. It is my sincere hope that you continue on with it and I will, of course, be adding it to my favorites.

One day, you may want to consider writing a novel, for your poetic prose and gift for storytelling in general are magnificent.
Delphi chapter 14 . 3/10/2010
This has been, quite simply, one of the most thoughtful and engaging stories I have ever read; fan-fiction and novel alike. Your characters have developed so fully, that I feel more attached to them then most real people (granted, I am a hermit, so this is not saying much). At first, I was a little confused about that enigmatic prologue, but as I read, I get these delightful dawnings realization as I put two and two together. You have a real way with words, WiseAbsol. I only hope to see more of this story. However, I'm very afraid that this is unlikely from the length of time spanning your last review. Please keep blessing this website with your words.

Delphi
lobstershells chapter 14 . 9/20/2009
Hello Abby(:

I can't remember if I gushed over this chapter, but I'll repeat my thought again: the maturing of Arei continues to fascinate me, seeing that you've captured the different stages of her mentality pretty awesomely

Cheers,

Louisa

ps. I finally got round to creating a new account to keep track!
Kap487 chapter 9 . 8/30/2009
I know I'm crazy, but my favorite character is Mew.
Kap487 chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Are you a Christian or not? You seem to know plenty about the mythology(for want of a better word), and yet the characters seem to mock Him(It, Her, whatever) in most of your fics.

Anyway, I'm intrigued. This should be good.
Meriah chapter 14 . 8/3/2009
Wow...

Just Call Me Sunshine is right: There are deep, critical issues which interfere with Arei and Mewtwo forming a relationship. It was hard enough for the girl to know she had been lied to concerning her identity, but to learn of her previous occupation after sex with Mewtwo... ouch. I feel equally bad for Mewtwo, though; he does care about her and wants what is best for her, but at what cost?

I love these two. I love their relationship of mixed emotions. They're so realistic. There's nothing gushy and “Hollywood” to them – they're just individuals brought together, coiled in a bond which is both their medicine and their poison.

There is weakness for both parties – that's good, though. It's best that Arei ran off to be among commoners. They are humans after all, and they are more “real” than her servants and handmaidens. They are people all under one roof, listening to music, drinking, conversing, simply living as people should. They haven't been caught up in straitlaced expectations. For the priestess, I think it was good for her to get away; perhaps by doing so she felt more a part of society (even if the bartender did give her special treatment).

I like the answer she gave the bartender as to why she came in. She spoke so casually about Abaddon as if he were just some typical Average Joe, haha. But good, it makes sense considering she knows the truth about him and that she is so used to him.

Will Arei ever find happiness among her own kind? She couldn't even find it in her supposed friends considering that they essentially prepared her for rape. (I know why, but still, the mere concept sickens me.)

And oh, Abby, I wonder where you got the inspiration for the name of the pub? P That of course stuck my attention. It's catchy and effective, and I'm even happier that you mentioned Lucario! In every sense he is the god of the downtrodden, and how suiting it is for Arei.

Then you mentioned the two folks talking in their kitchen about Sabrina's prophecy, and that Arei/Ora is the mother of the Prince. Fantastic! What does this mean for her future son? What does this mean for everybody?

All of this information is far too much for her to handle. This was a climatic chapter – she learned of once being a whore; that the servants of the Temple are aware of her previous job; that she is in every sense the most defiled of anyone there, and yet she is supposed to be the representation of purity. That brings me to another point – I am so pissed off at Mewtwo. The comment about wanting to know if a whore tasted sweet is repulsive! But then again... he whispered why he wanted her to return home, showing that there is compassion in his angered heart...

And I think somewhere deep down there is love for her. He felt her touch, and it lingered and bothered him at the end of the chapter when he was by himself. He desperately longs for a companion, and there is something about her when intrigues him. This was expressed perfectly through him breaking the lamp.

Oh... and the sex scene: That was lovely ; The dancing lead up to it well, and everything was descriptive without stepping into downright graphic. You captured EMOTION in the act – something many authors forget to do!

Best chapter yet.
Crescentmewtwo chapter 14 . 7/21/2009
Wow Abby that was something else. Relationships tend to have their highs and lows. This chapter by itself conveyed perhaps the worst of the low and one of the best highs. I can only hope that more of the highs are found in the next few chapters; Allowing for a much needed apology from both Mewtwo and Arei. I truly enjoyed this chapter though, and loved the sex part. Don’t let anyone tell you can’t write new things, you did very well Abby. Goodbye for now.
Mai-danishgirl chapter 14 . 7/19/2009
"I was not drunk" Sure you you weren't Mewtwo. :P

He just keeps living in denial eh?

A test subject. You know? this made me think of the social circle, Ccildren who has been abused, or sexually misused will often copy the same behavior when they grow up. Seems like Mewtwo are suffering the same thing.

Sigh, the things people can say to hurt each other, even if they feel something different.