Reviews for We That Are Young
Ranowa Hikura chapter 80 . 10/28/2016
Oh good god.

It's 3:30 in the morning. I don't even know what time I started reading this. Sometime earlier tonight- with plans oh, just a few chapters, then break off and study for exams...

I couldn't fucking stop reading.

Oh my god poor Riza. Poor Roy. There are not words to express how miserable their poor childhoods made me feel. And fucking Bella, BELLA! Ben! Ahhhhh! You made me fall in love with them- and then- then you just- NOOOOOO!

I've cried so many times tonight and I still feel just overwhelmed. And Maes, Maes, oh you are such a wonderful perfect best friend oh you made me smile so much. And Mordred! WHAT an emotional rollarcoaster you put me on with that man; indifference at first, tentatively liking him, then loving him, then sympathetic, then angry, then HATING his god dammed guts- when he told Riza Roy hadn't even said goodbye- ohhhh god. And gah; every single time Riza called him Mr. Mustang my heart broke. Roy's early years broke it too. And then that fucking bitch of a school teacher and what she did to him; that broke it too. Just, shattered it into pieces and threw them all over my floor. So many times my heart has been broken over the past five hours.

And then the little tidbits you threw in of other canon characters! Falman! Knox, Knox, Knox! And oh my god when you realized Sarah was marrying someone whose mother was an automail mechanic I was just. OH GOD SARAH ROCKBELL! And then we saw the pictures of little Ed and my heart just... oh god.

I can't say I'm happy right now, because this was not a happy time in any way. But it was just so heartbreakingly real and I'm so satisfied in a way I can't even describe. Oh man. This was brrrrrillliiiant oh wow. Just... just wow.

*hugs Roy, *hugs Riza, *hugs Maes, *pushes them all into a group hug with me, *cries
SniperInTheHouse chapter 80 . 10/17/2016
This was the best angst fabrication I've ever read. The story was told masterfully. Unlike many angst fanfictions, you don't force feed feels to people trying to show how miserable their life is. Instead, the slow downward spiral and the change of their personalities leave an ache in your heart for them. You did show how bad it was for them, but the way you did it made the kids absolutely oblivious like it would realistically and not force a emotion on the reader like many angsty fanfictions I read. The fear of being hit even if it wasnt a daily occurrence or even a possibility for a short part of the story of how the kids were affected.

I at first was pissed off you weren't going fast enough. I thought the fanfiction would quickly go into their teens. By chapter 30 I realized the pace was absolutely perfect.

Before reading this, I watched the whole series again and I remember seeing the flash back of Roy seeing his mentor dying. I wondered what happened. Why was Roy yearning for his master's approval. Now, I made your fanfiction cannon in my head.

Down the road, if your story was cannon. It would make sense to me. Riza would join the military to afford staying alive after a brief time in central. Roy would quickly become the figure he was in the anime because the military would act as a focal point to grow him emotionally, physically and mentally. His confidence would grow as he rises in rank being granted power, respect and trust things he never had growing up. His obsession with money a result of growing up with none.

The distance between Roy and Riza would translate into the odd protectiveness they have in the anime that isn't oftenly verbalized. They aren't buddy and buddy because of the Riza's father forcing the formalities onto them and the dark past they shared creating a rift preventing the outbursts of emotions between the two.

SITH
crying of laughter chapter 80 . 9/29/2016
Best fanfiction i ever had the privilege to read. Beautifully written and composed. Stunning charachter growth. Style is amazing. I don't remember the last time i've so actively enjoyed a fic. Ypu have my gratitude and respect for this piece of art. And you should totally write a book of your own because i would spend all my money to buy it.
Guest chapter 80 . 9/14/2016
I absolutely loved it. It was very touching story of Roy's and Riza's childhood. Thank you for all the time and effort that was spent writing this.
Guest chapter 70 . 9/12/2016
You manipulative little shit, Mordred! ;-;
The Alchemist chapter 66 . 9/12/2016
In the beginning, I was worried that this wouldn't fit the canonverse because the dynamics of Riza & Roy's relationship by the point Berthold (in your story was Mordred) died was formal, awkward, and somehow subdued. In your story, they were very close to each other, and I was apprehensive to continue reading if it deviates to far from the canon. But as this story progressed, it seemed to have a life of its own and I didn't really mind if it was different from the canon. It was that good. But then you pulled another twist in the story to see to it that it does follow the canonverse, and damn! It was so excellent!
Guest chapter 64 . 9/11/2016
Mordred, you're so fucked up! Ahhhh I cried so much for Bella ;-;
Yla chapter 35 . 9/11/2016
I don't think I can ever consider this as fanfiction. This work is a story of its own. You were really very brillant in painting and weaving your own interpretation of Riza and Roy's life. I really felt like I was in the scenes you portrayed, and can really feel what they were feeling and know what they were thinking. I can only imagine how much effort you put into this masterpiece, and it is very much appreciated. Thanks for sharing your story!
Gomboc123 chapter 80 . 8/17/2016
WELL HONESTLY THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST FICS I'VE READ AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO BECAUSE I'M SCREECHING AND I NEED TO READ THE SEQUEL
RIZA STILL DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT THE LETTERS ROY SENT HER! AND NEITHER OF THEM KNOWS THAT THE OTHER STILL SECRETLY LOVES THEM! AAAAAAAAAHHHH OH MY GOD MY POOR CHILDREN
IN ALL SERIOUSNESS THOUGH THIS STORY IS FANTASTIC AND YOU'RE A WONDERFUL AUTHOR AND I'VE BEEN FLIPPING OUT ABOUT THIS STORY FOR DAYS. I EVEN SCREAMED ABOUT IT TO MY SISTER, IT'S JUST THAT AMAZING!
Gomboc123 chapter 66 . 8/17/2016
HOLY SHIT WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW COULD HAWKEYE SENSEI JUST SEND ROY AWAY LIKE THAT WITHOUT LETTING HIM SAY GOODBYE TO RIZA?!
AND THEN HE TOLD HER ROY JUST LEFT AND DIDN'T WANT TO COME BACK?! I'M ALMOST IN TEARS OH MY GOD THIS STORY
(I STILL LOVE IT AND IT'S WONDERFUL AND WELL WRITTEN AND GREAT)
Evelyn Elric chapter 57 . 5/31/2016
Omg i love this story so much!
connor1504 chapter 41 . 4/23/2016
God damn. I should have read the tags before i started this story. I love the writing style, and how the characters are believable and well written, but this story just makes me feel like i'm watching a train wreck. The disintegration of Hawkeye's family is just so depressing that it makes me want to stop, yet I need to know what happens next, continuing the cycle.
Sarcasticles chapter 31 . 2/22/2016
I was rereading this for the second or third time, and just now noticed the subtle foreshadowing to Bella's past. I continue to marvel at how you set up your plot and develop your characters.
Guest chapter 80 . 2/4/2016
I loved this story. When reading the chapter almost forgot it was the last one. Then I realize that and I was like NOOOO! And then I heard there was a sequel and I was like YES!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/30/2016
I don't know if you'll read this but this story is great.
1,014 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »