Reviews for We That Are Young
Evelyn Elric chapter 57 . 5/31
Omg i love this story so much!
connor1504 chapter 41 . 4/23
God damn. I should have read the tags before i started this story. I love the writing style, and how the characters are believable and well written, but this story just makes me feel like i'm watching a train wreck. The disintegration of Hawkeye's family is just so depressing that it makes me want to stop, yet I need to know what happens next, continuing the cycle.
Sarcasticles chapter 31 . 2/22
I was rereading this for the second or third time, and just now noticed the subtle foreshadowing to Bella's past. I continue to marvel at how you set up your plot and develop your characters.
I loved this story. When reading the chapter almost forgot it was the last one. Then I realize that and I was like NOOOO! And then I heard there was a sequel and I was like YES!
I don't know if you'll read this but this story is great.
Other small detail: Roy and Maes were born the same year, they are the same age. Roy might even be slightly older.
Artistic interpretation I guess
Hawkeye's first name is actually Bertholt not Mortimer.
But that's a minor detail in the intricate story that you have layed out
Talonis Wolf chapter 80 . 1/13
I've read a lot of fanfiction, and have stumbled across many good fanfictions. Occasional, I'll be fortunate enough to find a great fic.

A great fic makes you feel happy, or sad, or angry. It is a plot with moments of great emotion and shock.

Yours is better than that. It weaves those emotions together into the greater fabric of the plot. They aren't seperate entities, they are one and the same.

The only two flaws I can think of in this entire fic is the occasional typo, and honestly I think that is a mere triviality in face of your story, and the moment where Winry and Ed make a cameo, which feels a tiny bit forced. Yet in spite of such things, I can genuinely say your work has paid off. You have created an Amazing Fic. Be proud.
Insanities.Epistemologist chapter 7 . 11/1/2015
Even though I am posting a review now, I have actually read this and the sequel through.

I really enjoyed the dynamics and the hardships that both Riza and Roy had gone through and how close of a relationship it created. While it wasn't traditional or canon, I do with that this could have continued just mainly to see the reactions of those who truely realized what made those two who they were, and that they are multilayered characters.

I was very pleased and deeply upset that I didn't get to find out what happened in the sequels ending.

Even though you probably haven't looked or thought about this piece in a long time, it was a fantastic read and a recommendable fan fiction to anyone who wants a more in depth back story for our favorite duo.

Thank you so much for the well written and thrilling read,
Miah-Chan chapter 80 . 10/20/2015
This story was absolutely amazing! You broke my heart in the best of ways. I'm sincerely looking forward to reading "Shall Never See So Much".
Thank you for writing this amazing piece!
Serrena094 chapter 80 . 9/11/2015
This was amazing ...wow, just WOW !
You are such a good author , this was so good, so COMPLETE !
Can't wait to read your sequel 3
Cocoa7818 chapter 80 . 7/16/2015
At first I was a little deterred by the length of this story, but after reading the first chapter I couldn't stop reading it. Definitely one of the best stories I've read.
Guest chapter 65 . 6/2/2015
Damn you, this made me cry! I was holding fast up until the end and this chapter pushed me over with brilliant writing and the culmination of fantastic pacing
BlobO'Puff chapter 80 . 3/28/2015
My gosh. I just... Can't.
I've been meaning to review this for a very long time but as each chapter ends I can't help but press the next chapter and the next.
This story is too damned beautiful. Everything is so nice and connected and well thought through. The plot was simply amazing. It's a miracle how you could play with the characters and progress from chapter 1 to chapter 80 so perfectly. Every chapter, every sentence, every word you weave, you weave so skillfully. To be able to make Roy's and Riza's and Hughes' and whoever's character shine through like that; To be able to write out Mordred's and Lian's and Bella's personalites with such subtle details; To be able to capture the nuance of each and every background character like that... It's pure art.
The development of the characters was simply well done. Each minuscule detail was meticulously weaved together to create this marvelous writing, like how an exalted composer might write an enthralling music piece. I was simply, very deeply entranced by the intricacies and details of your story.
Thank you for allowing me to travel with the characters and indulge in this amazing story.
Acae chapter 80 . 3/25/2015
This is incredible! It's taken me a while to finish, but I remember every minute of it. The storyline is incredible, and the way the characters develop into their pre-canon selves is really accurate and fun to read. This is one of the better fics, the ones that keep you up late twisting ideas over in your mind and have you as hooked as the original canon. Well done, good luck, and have a good day- you sure brightened plenty of mine!
1,004 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »