Reviews for Curiosity
Aundielen chapter 1 . 5/18
Loveeeed the innuendo! Very clever.
pennyd chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
You already know I'm a fan of your writing, and this story is probably my favorite. It is light-hearted and fun at the same time they are having the deep conversation they needed to. Thank you again for such an enjoyable read.
skadoo chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Well done! This would have been a much better ending for Voyager.
Kerry J chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Wonderful story - and such a fitting end for them. The final debriefing session was hilarious, Chakotay's thoughfulness so sweet, their soulsearching very poignant and touching and I just liked the fact that their friendship shone through the whole time. Best of all of course - the that they're now free to be more than just friend (and aparently can't wait to explore that :D). Great story!

Plus I really like your writing style (that goes for all your stories) - it just flows and feels very natural, if that makes any sense...
imnotacommittee chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
You’ll have to forgive me in this review. I wrote notes as I read (yeah, I do stuff like that), so my comments might seem random. I’ll try to reference parts as I go.
Once again, you’ve created a post-Endgame scenario that not only works, but shines.
A whole gamut of emotions is shown so well here, and you make it all so effortless. From flipping between Chakotay and Kathryn’s POV to addressing issues both light and heavy, it’s all seamless.
It’s nice to see a happy post-Endgame story that’s believable and fun. Not that I don’t enjoy the more adventurous or angsty stories, but sometimes, you just need to smile. One thing I liked was, just like Voyager’s odyssey itself, the ending of these debriefings will leave Kathyrn and Chakotay with a sense of displacement. Chakotay’s revelation that he’ll no longer be with Kathryn is rather sweet. Also, without saying it, these debriefings are rather vital for Kathryn (and Chakotay to a degree as well) to decompress. After seven years of constant stress, these few months are vital for her. And Chakotay must be so thankful/happy that he’s there with her and gets to see “his” Kathryn emerge again. This sentence is such a graceful (and charitable) recap of the series’ later episodes “…their duties had come between them so often that their warm feelings for each other had finally chilled to icy inflexibility and shattered into a thousand sharp pieces.”
The slow build of the crux of this story (Chakotay and Janeway finally admitting how they feel) is nice and subtle. It starts off with Janeway herself bringing up New Earth. How each of them addresses the memory of that place is perfectly in character: Chakotay sometimes can’t help himself but think of it, and Kathryn prevents herself from doing so.
And he’s still protecting her! Preparing that lunch for her after relief from duty (poor girl!) was just the sort of thing that he would do. OK, I never ever ever thought about Chakotay’s argument concerning the Caretaker’s array. And it’s solid. He’s not just saying that to make her feel better; it’s quite possible that they could have ended up in a worse situation than they were in.
Your addressing of “Shattered Janeway’s” extraordinary question was well played out and believable in causing Kathryn’s distress about her relationship with Chakotay. This is where your switching of POV is so effective. As Janeway says this line “The wound I created in my heart when I let you go,” I can just imagine Chakotay’s utter shock. It’s from his POV, and we have no warning for such a declaration. And then he gets the hypospray, leaving us alone with Kathryn’s despair.
And then Chakotay transforms into someone he could never be on the ship: the pursuer. The build up to their first kiss is some of the most intense stuff I’ve read, no exaggeration. “Revelation” is such a perfect word for it finally happening, and just how I thought it would be and wish it could have been on the show. “…turning into ashes every excuse that they had used over the last seven years to keep this very kiss from happening” LOVED IT!
I also loved the debriefing with all the double entendres. But more than that, they approached it all as a team, even holding hands (!) and as it went on, Chakotay’s earlier doubts were erased.
When it finally finished, “…leaving the two friends alone in the room, facing an uncertain future for the first time in more than seven years” is a big moment captured in one tiny little sentence. It’s effective because it downplays the significance of the moment while saying so much at the same time. They’re done. It’s truly all over. Their future has no clear goal or objective. For the first time, they can actually make their own decisions about what they want.
The rest of the story is charmingly awkward, passionate, adorable, etc. I love that you can convey such steamy stuff without going overboard. Chakotay kissing her neck while she’s trying to open the door was one of the sexiest things I’ve read.
Ok, I guess you can say I enjoyed this story. I’ve enjoyed all your stories; they’re just the medicine we need at time. Thank you for giving Kathryn and Chakotay the happy ending they deserve!
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
I really enjoyed this story and thought the writing was beautiful.
JamieRobs chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
I loved this story! It was so them and it had everything... conversation, friendship, attraction, heat, humor! I read it late last night and just had to come back and tell you that it left a big smile on my face! So, I'm def off to read more of your stories!
Elisa Trapt chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
“I assure you, sir,” she answered, her voice totally serious, “that we were about to get out of these uniforms when we realized that we’d waited too late to do so.” Ah, thanks so much for a good laugh! I could imagine Kathryn's expression precisely right there, with Chakotay about to spit out his water!
bina W chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
I liekd this story and I can imagine them having talks like this. Bina
DianeB chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Excellent job, once again. I adore the way you weave episode details into a personal Janeway & Chakotay story to create a whole new fabric of lovely J/C! You're clearly the expert.
fantasyinmymind chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Another one that makes a better ending. Wonderful work on the innuendo game. Well done.
GilmoreAtHeart74 chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
One of the best I've ever read
dadoinkdoink chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
This was great! This is my favorite line of the fic: “I assure you, sir,” she answered, her voice totally serious, “that we were about to get out of these uniforms when we realized that we’d waited too late to do so.” I love the double meanings of a lot of those sentences! SO Funny! Great Job!

:D Doink Doink
LFVoy chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Okay, this one made me both smile and laugh out loud. I loved the "innuendo" scene but my favorite one was the lunch. It just sounded so much like them. Thanks!
quantumsilver chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
Wow, Miz. Just when I start to forget the amazing power of your writing, you pull something like this out. This is the kind of story that I think we all read fanfic for...and no one does this quite like you do. I could completey see this as an ending to the series, because you have that remarkable ability to just nail both characters, inside and out. From (an enthralled) reader's point of view, it really lends credence to the thought that this could actually be happening. THAT is what I find so admirable in your work. It's an artform to weave all the nuances of speech and thought and deed together between the two characters we know and love, and you have certainly mastered it.

Yeah, I'm rambling...go figure. ;) It's just that you really are THAT talented. So thank you so much for that wonderful read. I soaked up every single word of it and can't wait for the next one. Thanks.