Reviews for A Friend Of Mine
TriStateCopFan chapter 40 . 5/23/2008
Bravo! Great story ~ adventure, a case file, romance, comedy... terrific job.

...Bobby might stammer (intentional delay of game)but I don't think he'll fumble the three most important words of his life!

Cute ending...

...I was at "the stick" back in '73 ...froze my butt off at a baseball game in mid-July.
LOCISVU chapter 40 . 5/23/2008
What?You left it at that?That was sweet of Bobby though.
LOCISVU chapter 39 . 5/23/2008
I hope they do talk.
deliriousdancer chapter 40 . 5/23/2008
Well if you leave out the parts about being accused of rape and murder, Eames almost causeing permanent ear damage, and Lewis's cooking, this trip was just what Bobby needed. A snow covered El Capitan is truly a site to behold. I am glad Alex has found someone to talk to and help her sort out a few things. She had a pretty rough time in the old west and her emotions did get kind of tangled. I am not too worried about Bobby fumbling his big play. This was a charming with everything a good story needs, excitement, suspense,humor,angst,mystery,cliffhangers, who-what-and how dunnits, laughter, tears, and love. Applause Applause Applause.
deliriousdancer chapter 39 . 5/23/2008
That was a sweet chapter. Bobby would still be worried about where he stood with Alex so I am glad she was able to set his mind at ease. Looks like Lewis is going to have to make another trip out west if he wants to see Vegas. Hm...who should I blame for the fact that even as I type this review I am singing an old Eagles song that will remain with me all day? Oh yeah, YOU!
rindy713 chapter 40 . 5/23/2008
wow! terrific finish - "i love you." very special words from bobby to caro. i'm glad this had a happy ending. outstanding story! lots of intrigue and lots of ups and downs for our favorite detectives - and some beautiful countryside along the way. i've really enjoyed the ride.
rindy713 chapter 39 . 5/23/2008
i got a big kick out of this chapter! i am fond of that song, and it was neat to see bobby and alex play off of it ... and to see them connect again in their special-friend way. and i love it that bobby took the time to talk with her, regardless of the hurry lewis was in. that was very special - the right thing to do for a hurting friend.
rindy713 chapter 38 . 5/22/2008
i'm glad things ended less painfully than they could have with dave. it probably does say a lot about their relationship that alex didn't call to tell him of the traumatic afternoon and the change of hotels. cute story about alex's birthday and the book and then the wonderful lunch. i liked that a lot!
LOCISVU chapter 38 . 5/19/2008
would Bobby be like as a lover?Did I really just asked that?
TriStateCopFan chapter 38 . 5/19/2008
LOL... poor Lewis...it is awkward when forced to eavesdrop unintentionally ;-)

Too bad for Alex, but I guess he was the kind of guy who couldn't accept her first "marriage" to her job and duty to Bobby, as partner & friend. Oh well... I wonder how happy he IS w/Caro...and if Eames might be a 'forbidden' fruit he'd like to take a bite of?
deliriousdancer chapter 38 . 5/19/2008
"Chequered flag!"..."At last!" That was too funny. I thought the idea of Chris Rock was great too. Poor Lewis. Everyone is getting some action on this trip except him. Bobby should have some compassion and let Lewis "get away with turning right and west out of the parking lot." Vegas would be fun. I live near Yosemite and I would have to agree that it is even more beautiful than the Ansel Adams photographs. It would even be better with Bobby as part of the scenery. I love the clever way Caro called him on his "corny" approach. I feel bad that Alex was dumped, but like her, I expected it. I think Alex needs to be more honest about her "five second thought" and get herself together. The Psychology of Crime and Criminals sounds like the perfect put-me-to-sleep reading. See, it was a thoughtful gift.
deliriousdancer chapter 37 . 5/18/2008
Great face off between Goren and Belray. I loved that Bobby left him with the "unsuspecting prairie rat meets wily rattlesnake" line. Finally, Belray doesn't feel so superior or confident. Nice job, Bobby.
rindy713 chapter 37 . 5/18/2008
good stuff. i'm glad bobby gave belray a hard time. he deserves worse. i still feel bad for alex.
LOCISVU chapter 37 . 5/18/2008
Good one Bobby!
TriStateCopFan chapter 36 . 5/17/2008
Another marathon of catch-up reading. Good stuff :-) ...poor Alex. Ya know, if this all happened back in the city on her own turf, she probably would've seen the red flags re: Belray..but out there, out of her element, she was charmed by the bad (& sexy) boy. Oh well..live and learn, Alex! Funny ending w/Bobby back in court & the comment about NY cops being paid too much. Our boy DOES "clean up" nicely tho' :-)