Reviews for Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide, Nowhere to Go
Scarlet3086 chapter 21 . 1/18/2013
So it's been a few years since you wrote this, but it's new to me. I don't even know if you still check this, but I thought you'd like to hear how great your story is. I am picky when it comes to jess, and I loved this. I'm a little teary, but it was a sad story. It was great thanks! I hope you ended up doing that sequel. I guess I'll find out in about 2 seconds.
RavenIdiot chapter 21 . 9/17/2012
Well I sat down several hours ago with the intent to just read a chapter or two of this and if I liked it I'd read the rest later. But then of course your writing had to be so thoroughly gripping that I'm now up at 2:00 a.m. wondering how I'm to the end so soon.

Good story, great writing. Thank you for the time you put into this, and for your generosity in sharing.
RavenIdiot chapter 18 . 9/17/2012
I cried. You made me cry.
RavenIdiot chapter 16 . 9/17/2012
Luke! My hero. :)

Seriously, you gotta love the guy.
RavenIdiot chapter 15 . 9/17/2012
Oh! Oh! Finally he's calling Luke! That'd do it for me too; I'd never be able to see someone hurt my mother. I'd see the son of a bitch behind bars *so* fast.

I'm really liking James Burnell.
RavenIdiot chapter 14 . 9/17/2012
Jess doesn't talk much, keeps everything bottled up, lets things simmer under the surface, till they gradually boil to the point that he finally has to let off steam, and then it usually ends in him doing something semi-self-destructive.
I liked that you didn't have him get too over emotional or try to reach out for help, since that wouldn't have been as true to character as this. (Even though Burnell probably would have tried to help him if he'd stuck around long enough to let him.)
RavenIdiot chapter 13 . 9/17/2012
I love that you always conclude each chapter with a memorable quote, thought, or sentiment. Your writing is so good.
RavenIdiot chapter 12 . 9/17/2012
'They both needed closure.'
-Jess never got any closure with him father. It must really bother him not knowing why Jimmy married Liz, stuck around through the pregnancy, and only left right after Jess was born. Disappearing to never be heard from again. No explanation. Nothing.
RavenIdiot chapter 11 . 9/17/2012
'"Because I love him… more than you."'
-And with three simple words, you break my heart.
RavenIdiot chapter 10 . 9/17/2012
Aww. He fixed the radio. :)
RavenIdiot chapter 9 . 9/17/2012
'A powerful piece of writing is one that carefully weaves intricate designs with the words, spinning the reader up in them like a spider does a fly in its web. A good book is like a spider web, in some ways. The words tangle around the reader tightly, creating a new reality, one that is indestructible. Strong like steel but soft like silk, those powerful words that perfectly expressed a moment, a feeling, a tiny nuance of a character.'
-Speaking of powerful writing, this was an excellent example of it.

'Another thing about books: the good ones always hit home.'
-So true.

You must be a book lover.

And Jess' thoughts about anonymity left me feeling very empty and angsty. How could that girl not have remembered him? If nothing else he's adorable!
RavenIdiot chapter 8 . 9/17/2012
Jess is so monosyllabic.

I like how you depict his friends. Inviting him back into the group, but not forcing it, and being a little wary of his detachment from them.
RavenIdiot chapter 7 . 9/17/2012
'But his hand was bleeding a hell of a lot, the red pooling in his palm the sliding down his arm; dripping from the tips of his fingers to dot the knee of his jeans in little circles, perfectly shaped, as though they were trying to provide some order to something that was too chaotic to deal with.'
-Nice description.

Poor Jess, even when something good happens for him (getting the job) it's always accompanied with enough bad to ruin it.
RavenIdiot chapter 6 . 9/17/2012
I love the idea of wondering New York's streets at 5:00 a.m..
RavenIdiot chapter 5 . 9/17/2012
'He tossed the bottle of beer, still full, into an alley as he passed. He wanted it, wanted to feel his muscles loosen, feel his hold on reality slip a little, to just give him some piece. He needed the control more, though. He needed his reality to be clearly defined, sharp at the edges, no room for a slip.'
-Very nicely written.

Jess used the holed-up-in-his-room tactic again. Greg probably won't let him get away with that a third time. He'll need a new strategy soon.