Reviews for Redefining Perceptions of Insanity
Banner chapter 7 . 6/17/2015
I'd forgotten how much I loved this story - the characterizations and descriptions are gripping.
NinaJansen chapter 8 . 2/16/2015
I livve in hope that there'll someday be more :) Seriously, it's very well thought out and the OCs are interesting without overshadowing the SPN guys and they don't create raging plotholes of impossible stupidity/lack of common sense jus to let the heroes shine. The whole thing is scarily realistic, like my favourite zombie fics that aren't dark comedies. It'd be awesome if you felt like continuing this.
klu chapter 8 . 3/31/2014
Really enjoyed this story. The zombie apocalypse storyline was very well done and the OCs you created, especially Martha and Al are really likeable. While Brooks isn't necessarily likeable but he's believable and earnest, which is commendable. The 'kids' and their zombie-sniffing dogs have an interesting angle too...
potterbuncker chapter 8 . 10/10/2012
I see it's been a while since you updated this, but that's okay its a great fic and definitely deserves a review from what you've written so far. I'm one of those people whose only ever watched Zombie movies but your writing makes me want to go check out World War Z. Anyway my favorite part is when then reach the Impala, open the trunk and just start haling out weapons; the whole time I was reading that I was just waiting for the reaction of everyone else in the group. I'm not really sure I find the two teenagers all that realistic though, I mean they alone (out of everyone on the base) survived? Seems a little sketch to me, and who is this Joshua guy, I mean I would think they would hall ass to Bobby's if anyone?
Hailey C. Black chapter 6 . 1/30/2012
This is the order of importance I would place on the characters. (0least important/liked)

0-Miguel

1-Al

2-Martha

3-Joe

4-Mark

5-Brent

Brent is most important- I want him kept around, because he's new and I want to know more of his story; plus he can bond with Dean over being a big brother.

Mark is next, because, he's clever enough to grab the medical books and he's insightful- seeing how Dean and Sam are a dangerous breed. But he loses points for letting Heidi call him baby. That may actually bring Joe up to a higher standing than him, but I'm not gonna change my list because I can't remember if it was Joe or Mark who was the mechanic. Whichever is the mechanic wins points, so if it's Mark it almost overshadows that he's banging Heidi. If it's not, he's still more valuable, if it's Joe, because clever beats out mechanic since Dean's probably a better one anyway.

Also, Joe is sort of the quiet one who sits back and observes, so he'd probably be a help in the most unusual of times. Like when it's about to be time to panic, he'd pull everyone out of it by remembering a little detail that everyone else missed, like there was a jewelry store two blocks back that had an armored car parked out front with the keys in the ignition. And that'd be what ends up saving them. Mostly I like him because I can't remember who told the story about Sam defending Jess at that bar, but I think it was him and I really liked that story. Like, really really. And I thought it showed his observational skills:) If it was even him. If it wasn't him, and he's not even the mechanic. Put him at the bottom of the list because those are the only points I had for him.

Martha I kept, next, because she didn't really panic when she was being attacked in the grocery, she knows how to handle guns, and she was in the military police(?). (?'s for the fact that I only assume that is what MP stood for:/ )

Then I put Al as the next-to-most-disposable one cause he's out of shape, doesn't like guns, and he lost his wife. He doesn't really seem like he can keep up, and because he doesn't like guns; that seems like it shortens his lifespan, depending on others with guns to protect him. Also, losing his wife probably makes him feel a little bit hopeless and I think he'd be the sort to get bitten and then tell whoever is elected to shoot him, 'not to worry about it, that he'll be fine, he's going to see his wife again,' like it was almost his plan to die in the first place. But if he lasts, it would be good as well to see the slight 'underdog' of the group prevail.

Then I put Miguel because he panicked at the grocery and his first instinct was to run away from the group, who are supposed to have his back.. and he was supposed to have their back- but he was going to abandon them. Dick move- so he's at the bottom of the totem pole. He sort of deserves to die, even though he did end up going with Sam out of obligation. He also has a week stomach in comparison to the others, it seems, so he's sort of the pansy of the group.

Anyway- I know it's probably been forever since this chapter was originally published, so my opinion on this probably doesn't matter that much at this point, but I thought it was fun to put it all out there:) Now I'm off to read the next two chapters. I hope you continue this story and update soon. :)
joniskpelare chapter 8 . 11/15/2011
Very intresting story and I really hope you'll continue with this one.
Cristalake chapter 6 . 4/30/2011
Martha MUST NOT DIE! Al either. You could kill of Joe though... WIth such a common name, he's practically begging for it. ;p
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 8 . 3/7/2011
Good story. Can't wait to see where you take it.
kale24 chapter 8 . 11/6/2010
Seriously you need to update this. This fic has to be the most detailed zombie Supernatural fic I've ever read.

And I cannot wait to read the end.
RonneeM chapter 8 . 10/6/2010
This is a very fun romp - totally enjoyable. What can I say I adore the Winchesters, even if I have to buy the DVDs to watch them since I don't do TV. I also have seen every on the Resident Evil movies but I don't normally watch horror movies. And here, you've got the best of both with lots of quirks. I can't wait for then update. Please continue the story when you have time.
Katsheswims chapter 8 . 8/1/2010
Great chapter! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to read more!
dubu chapter 8 . 7/3/2010
I love this story! Found this nice surprise when I finished your HP&Supernatural crossover. Love the small dosage of humor alongside gore/violence/horror/zombie-related-keywords. This is a really great read - waiting patiently for the next update!
elly264 chapter 8 . 4/23/2010
wow

it's super awesome

please update very soon

i'd love to read more

and now that i think about it

yeah it is similar to the show

props if they're using ur ideas

just shows how awesome they r

anyhoo

once again it's great

and i hope to hear more from u very soon
Banner chapter 8 . 4/12/2010
I was delighted to get this update alert!

It's the best zombie apocalypse I've found - and I've looked. You've got gore, violence, character development, DOGS (which every zombie apocalypse needs [zombie dogs is *wrong*],) and cars. The word use is perfect, and the mood couldn't be improved.

Great job.
Saffygirl chapter 8 . 4/9/2010
Very much awesome!

Can't wait for the next update!