Reviews for Furious Angels
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 18 . 3/28/2010
An interesting bit of work, really.

The opening chapter created a very tragically compelling ‘vision’ of the future that resulted in this take on events, while the subsequent chapters in the past managed to be both amusing and highly intriguing given the mystery of what’s actually happening (The reader might be aware that time-travel’s involved but the specifics of how it happened or what was actually sent back aside from the Stone are a COMPLETE mystery).

There’s definitely something amusing in Arthur and Molly’s attempts to give Harry and Ginny ‘the Talk’, if nothing else, and their subsequent demonstration of their enhanced knowledge of spells beyond what they should know works out rather well, making it clear that there’s more going on here than the obvious without making it TOO blatant (They’re not actually consciously aware of their future selves, but everyone involved DOES know that there’s something strange going on).

Admittedly Neville’s detailed knowledge of wizarding laws in regards to challenge and duel etiquette is a bit of a question-mark- this is the boy who needed a Remembrall only the previous year; I doubt his memory’s improved THAT much that he can remember all this finely-detailed trivia that even Hermione hasn’t looked up in depth yet-, and the Hermione/Neville/Luna implications (Even if most of them came from Luna) were COMPLETELY superfluous as far as I could see, but that aside you’ve got some interesting characterisation here; your take on the consequences of Ron being the one using the Diary alone are rather interesting, with Ron being subtly altered to the point where his most distinguishing personal trait- his dedication to his friends when it REALLY counts- is practically non-existent even when Riddle ISN’T in complete control of him (I assume Riddle was exerting a more ‘direct’ influence over Ron’s personality because they were both male, whereas he ‘held back’ from controlling Ginny due to his distaste for the female form?)

In the end, my only DEFINITE complaint with this story is simple; you don’t have a sequel after you left it with Pettigrew about to be exposed and Ron potentially prepared to commit suicide.

Putting aside the continued mystery of the Soul Stone’s ‘reasons’ for going back in time like that, those plot elements alone mean that you DEFINITELY have to continue this story at some point...
ocean-of-ink chapter 18 . 3/10/2010
This was a good story with an original plot. Some of it was a little hard to understand, but you cleared up most of the problems by the end. However, I also read your profile, and while I agree with most of your complaints, I object to part of what you wrote something in your "About Opinions and the Right to Think as One Wants." You wrote, and this is a direct quote, "I point to the Flat Earthers, the people who believe in Creationism, and Republicans as three prominent examples." While I admit that fanfiction is not the place to discuss theology, the comment about creationists was frankly insulting. It is just as impossible to prove evolution as it is creationism. As you pointed out, you can think creationism is stupid if you want, but it's still an idiotic opinion.
The Weatherwitch chapter 18 . 2/27/2010
wow...

this is a really interesting story,

i really enjoyed reading this!

well done!
stealacandy chapter 18 . 2/20/2010
Is this going to have a sequel?
AliPorcelain chapter 18 . 1/27/2010
You CANNOT end the story that way. UPDATE! I want to know everything that happens until they are grown!
CosmicCaiti chapter 3 . 1/15/2010
This is so wonderful so far. I love it. I've read some storys where Harry and Ginny become soul mates and Mrs. Weasly almost doesn't care. I love them gettin reunited. It was beautiful. :)
dontcallmemadeline chapter 18 . 1/4/2010
I really enjoyed this story. Your soul stone idea was definitely very intruiging. I was wondering, will you ever write a sequel?
wordnerd4 chapter 18 . 12/31/2009
Wow! This story was really good. It was very well written and I can tell you put a lot of time into getting all your ideas to line up and work together as cohesively as they did.

But GAH! It's so frustrating that they don't remember it all yet! I was sitting here over and over yelling in my head , "REMEMBER YOU IDIOTS! NO!"

Well maybe that's a bit melodramatic... but just a bit! ;)

Anyways, I hope you're planning to go through the rest of their time at Hogwarts. Good luck and I hope you like what you've created as much as I do.
wordnerd4 chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I know I still have the rest of this story to read, but I felt I should take the time to comment on this first chapter. So far I'm truly intrigued. This soul stone device is a very unique and interesting one. I've read a LOT of these send-a-person-back-in-time fics and this is by far the most original beginning. It's been a long time since I've found a fic that really excites me and I'm hoping I just have. I have a good feeling about this one if the rest of the story can stay as hooking as the first chapter, then I don't think I'll be disapointed.
Nothorse chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Great Story. I like your variant of the back-in-time/soul-bond story. It's been a joy to read. Thanks.
Captain Cranium chapter 18 . 11/22/2009
A most interesting tale. I really enjoyed it; you have an amazing writing style. Will there be a sequel?
gauravmittal2 chapter 18 . 11/21/2009
good
STUNT MONKEY chapter 18 . 11/14/2009
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a sequil
bunny banii chapter 3 . 11/13/2009
Wow this is an odd story! You are awesome. Love it so far xP So what did it do, send their souls back in time? O_o
Blackwell chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Hai, I liked your history very much, and read your porfile too, your list of fun with idiots was really great! Hahaha
629 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »