Reviews for Handstand
oh auctually it makes a lot of sense LOL LOVE 3
dancing elf chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
amusing
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Why wouldn't it make sense? This is hilarious!
Kanki Youji chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
Lolz! Handstands in trench-coats ARE hard... even harder in heavy rennesance fair cloaks. I would know. I can only hold one for eleven minutes...

Yay for the closet furry!

Kaiba annoys me, but... yay for him to?

As for Mokuba... RUN, MOKUBA, RUN! I'LL TRY AND HOLD THEM UP! RUN FOR IT!
Sythe chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Okay, that was very short. Professionally speaking, this wouldn’t have any place in the short story category (800 to 70 words) but in the context of fan fiction then it is okay. This would be a flash fic (100 to 500 words). As you said, I didn’t make much sense out of it as it was too short and lacks any matter, image, or emotional impact. It simply was a short series of dialogue, a bit of thoughts (that didn’t hold much content) and minute movements.

I speculated what it could have meant, yes, but I did not have a clear idea.

The one thing that really intrigued me in your fic, funnily, was the dialogue between Joey and Kaiba, the easy way in which they inter-acted even though Kaiba was grumpily grunting out his every word (Joey didn’t even bat an eye lash at this) and the small action of Joey pushing Kaiba back to prevent him from falling. That was both very in-character of Kaiba and seemed to imply a deep level of understanding between these two (a camaraderie/relationship that is ripe enough that they can be physically comfortable with each other despite Kaiba’s “man-talk”). That was good characterization. But then you didn’t really focus enough on this so it didn’t really have the impact it should have.

Normally what I see in flash fics and drabbles is that they are mere tiny but profound glimpses into a character’s life or relationship. But yours sort of fell into the slot in between flash fic and short story…which really undermined its impact on the readers. It had too many details for a flash fic (the reason why all the details drowned out the fascinating core of it), but at the same time it lacked the depth and imagery of a short story.

Since you posted it really fast after the announcement of pairing, I guess that you didn’t really explore this pairing in depth. Maybe you should take your time a bit more. Let all the details and emotion sink in before writing?

Enjoy,

Sythe
darkrunner chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
XD Hey, that was funny! I actually got through a puppy fic without twitching and spazzing. That's a first. Good luck in the contest!
Inu Kaiba chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
It doesn't make much sense, but it highly amuses me XD
Melanie Skye chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
It makes plenty of sense. And it's cute. *squee*

Good luck in the contest!
Salkiethia chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Interesting concept.

Just a little spelling mistake I noticed while reading:

"If you even think of laughing, Mutt, I'll rip ypur face off,"

I'm guessing it's "I'll rip your", yesyes?

Fun ficlet.
Lerena Leigh Helena chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Hi! Lol, nice fanfic. I like mine better, but mine is longer than I wanted it to be. Anyway, I hope it's enjoyable to read.
SilverStarShine94 chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Cute. It does make sense though. Good luck in the contest!
Black Violin chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
Cute story! I really love the way you wrote it. Good luck with the contest! (and no killing Compy)

-B.
Journey Maker chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
I fell off my chair laughing as I read this story.. I really feel sorry for poor Mokie when Seto gets hold of him... I'm adding this to my favorite list...
Darcie Blain chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
It was , I hate handstands is not a mutt; he's a puppy
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
It is kind of funny, though. Mokuba had enough sense to run. He knew what was coming.