Reviews for The Selfless
EmpyrealFantasy chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
That was quite profound. I haven't real FF fanfiction in ages, and this took me a bit to get into because of it, but I really liked your premise. :)

Good luck on the challenge, and you gave me shivers!
strawberries and napkins chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Hello there!

I'm not exacting familiar with the FF fandom, although I knew all the characters besides one (Barret) from playing Kingdom Hearts and listening to my friends fangirl over Cloud and Sephiroth.

I liked the contrast between selfishness and selflessness and how the first two characters were introduced as total opposites, each fitting their respective trait. The changeover Barret underwent was interesting-I liked the whole selfish man saving the selfless girl. Very ironic.

I love the line:

/Very few could argue with Barret Wallace. He had a machine-gun for an arm./

I totally laughed at that one. ] I would definitely not be one of the brave ones who would be striking up an argument with him. ;]

I love full circle endings as well, so I think you wrapped up this fic rather nicely.

Good job and good luck with the challenge!

piewacket chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
new found-

I quite liked this story. The exploration of what causes someone to make a radical change in life-course is always interesting. It was well written and I especially liked the following image:

/Sephiroth’s long shimmering blade cut through Barret’s flesh as though it was a sword of fire, and Barret were a mound of snow./

I did notice, probably because I do the same thing, you used “that” and “then” many times when they were not needed.

Good job with the challenge fic.