Reviews for Houdini's Tables
Knitchick chapter 2 . 3/18/2011
That was a very cute story.
KathAdrian chapter 2 . 1/26/2011
Great story ! really cute, I loved it !
Nadrek chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
You've hit one of my pet peeves, as I agree with Severus, in essence, that JKR's Western Wizarding world is a parasite on the Muggle world.

It's a fraction of the size, tries to stay hidden, takes from the host without giving anything back, and does damage to the host.

Theft of people: Muggleborns are taken into the Wizarding world, and no-one is returned to the Muggle world.

Theft of ideas: Wizards did not invent steam power, trains, brooms, carpets, stadiums, castles, iron, cauldrons, candles, indoor plumbing, and so on (I have little doubt wizards cast water-creation and Vanishing charms inside houses... but actual pipes to carry water? No, not plausible). Yet wizards take these ideas and use them... but prevent any cross-pollination even in the very few instances wizards come up with something instead of stealing it.

Theft of thought: Obliviation is an abombination; Eldrich Asylum (obsidian-fox) has a short treatise on this).

Tax evasion (i.e. taking advantage of Muggles keeping the streets and city intact and working properly, without contributing): we'll take #12 Grimmauld place... did they actually pay the Muggle Inheritance tax on it? I doubt it. Did they pay the council tax (introduced in 1993, just about at the start of the series) annually on it, either the Blacks or Harry?

Murder: Muggles killed by Wizards, without any means for Muggle justice to be served.

Destruction of property: (the collapsed bridge, for example) Again, without recompense or means for Muggle justice to be served.

All of this is part of a pattern of the Wizarding parasite gorging itself on the Muggle host, concerned solely for the parasite's welfare, not at all for the host's.

For amusement, imagine a first rate Muggle military exterminating the Wizarding world with supersonic weapons guided by radar, IR and thermal sensors, assisted with anti-magical movement artifacts/widgets/enchanted items (pebbles, say) (canon support: Nagini could see Arthur through his invisibility cloak... presumably because many snakes "see" IR/heat).
Katie Lady 8 chapter 2 . 7/13/2010
I enjoyed reading this ... very cute story line. Thank you!
Alexa1993 chapter 2 . 6/22/2010
thebfsgf chapter 2 . 5/12/2010
I wish we could rate these stories! I'd give it a 10/10! I love it, it's adorable! You must be one of the best writers on here, no joke!

Rebecka M.
Amber-Jade James chapter 2 . 4/26/2010
great storie! very enjoyable!

Cheers

AJ
Virety-Enten chapter 2 . 4/1/2010
Bit on the long side referingto chapter per words. However quite enjoyable to read and now a favorite. I don't often review but this was worth it.
Katamabob chapter 2 . 2/13/2010
Funny. Clever clever tables _

Kate
Glrt chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
Charming. I enjoyed it - the interplay between H & S was perfect and felt very true to character.
NoahIrene chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
I LOVE IT!

I THINK YOU SHOULD CONTINUE!
mroczna88 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Ok... That could be really good story- I liked idea of magical tables, but I must confess that I hate all this Lily-love thing! Even mentioning her makes me sick. So sorry, but I won't read it.
Anniely chapter 2 . 12/25/2009
Hey there.

There are few stories that actually completely capture me after the first sentence, but this your story was one of those very rare ones that do just that.

The first few sentences made me smile, because I just saw it all happening. Like the introduction sequence of a movie.

And I loved the conversations! For me conversations are so hard to write, but yours are just perfect.

I am using the word "just" a lot, don't I?

Anyways, don't think it's vanity to ask for reviews ;)
singingofgallifrey chapter 2 . 12/2/2009
omg i love it!ah!:)
Ombre-chan chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
loved it! i especially loved the aspect of player snape! so funny!
128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »