Reviews for When It Rains It Pours
Sierra chapter 4 . 9/9/2012
I have to say this story is very well written and that the third ending is definently my favorite thanks for an awesome story :)
Amity Bell chapter 4 . 4/4/2011
I have to say, even though I really don't like alternate endings for the most part, this was pretty good. I enjoyed it. :) Looking forward to reading Dumb Luck, but I'm weird and abso-must read the vs 6 first. Expect another review! It's really nice to see someone still writing long stories for this show, especially since most of what I've come across for the past several months is years old.
shiloh42 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
My vote: I think by far #3 is the best. It ties off the story most cleanly, with the others dealing with overhearing his rant. #1 to me doesn't work - Cute as the idea of everyone sleeping outside the door might look in the mind's eye, I think it's a bit silly. Carson would never have allowed it, for one, and it serves no purpose. Plus John was much too sick to have gotten better so soon. The whump factor of the 2nd version is good, but very many shep-whump stories have the 'infirmary' scene as Carson works on him. The third ending, to me, makes this story stand out from others like it.
Crashbarrier chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I love this story it has a nice solid beginning, and I like the "clue" style ending of possibilities.. very audacious. you have the voices of the characters down well.

LadyAmadea88 chapter 4 . 11/9/2009
mhmm... I love this one. Coming back every now and then to read it all over again! Thank you for this story as for it is pretty wonderful!
Berkana aka Thorunn chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Thanks for the great story! I enjoyed it! The whole story and the endings. That's great that you gave readers a choise.

I like the ending #1, I just liked it. It's very warm and funny.
Iluvshep chapter 2 . 11/2/2008
Personally, I like possible ending number 2. After all he went thru there is no way he could have gotten well as fast as ending number 1 suggests. Also I like that in ending number 2 they are taking care of him and worrying about him for a change.

Ending 3 was nice but to me it doesn't seem true to the characters.

thanks for a good story!
rd8425 chapter 4 . 9/6/2008
We often don't appreciate those around us until their sacrifices are made obvious. I really endjoyed this story and way you depicted John's day. As for the endings - I think I liked ending #1 the best. I like the idea of all his friends sleeping outside his quarters waiting to make sure he is ok - and him bringing them all back coffee and such the next morning. I don't think John should ever know that the rest of them heard what he said. It would make him uncomfortable to know that they know what all he does. It is enough that they know.
jessy luke chapter 4 . 4/26/2008
this is actually really good. i read the whole thing and i enjoyed it alot. good job. look forward to seeing more stories from you
Space1Traveler chapter 4 . 4/23/2008
The three endings:

#1 Favorite - He was still taking care of them and when Carson comes out and says 'He's gone!' in that pannicky voice, I just was ROTFL.

#2 Hated it! - Its a good whump but it didn't address the comm issue.

#3 Second place - I was sad when Weir and McKay hid from John. It made him sad and I didn't like his agnst.
Allie108 chapter 4 . 4/6/2008
REALLY good story, my favorite endings were deffinately number one, then number three, then number two!
Stealth Dragon chapter 3 . 4/5/2008
I definitely vote for ending two, although I alos like the resolve in ending three. Maybe you could combine them (just a suggestion, not a must.)
highonscifi chapter 4 . 4/5/2008
I vote for this one-ending number 3. Not that the other two weren't good...it's just that this one sort of puts things "right" again. Everything's back to the way it was with John keeping watch over his friends every night-but with them knowing that he protects them and keeps them from overwork.

Great story! And thanks for the choices-I don't think that's been done before and I enjoyed the multiple endings!
Titan5 chapter 3 . 4/5/2008
Being a Sheppard whumpaholic, I have to admit that this one is my favorite.
tistrust chapter 4 . 4/5/2008
awesome story

i like the second ending the most