Reviews for From Where I'm Standing
Prpurpledragon chapter 6 . 4/19/2009
Alice gotta love her ; )
Prpurpledragon chapter 5 . 4/19/2009
I liked this chapter as well. I'm really glad that I found this story. You are a gifted writer, I'm off to read more.
melissaturkey chapter 14 . 4/19/2009
I LOVED this! Perhaps it was all the quotes put in the exactly right places or maybe because I'd never read a one-shot of Jake's version of the reception night, but I just loved it. It was perfect, and so great that JAcob should have an epiphany too, and tying it all together of course with :Never was a story of more woe than this of my love and her killer. I loved it! alot!

:D melissaturkey
Avaleigh1 chapter 14 . 4/17/2009
As you know, I'm a big fan of your writing. It's things like "Ironic isn't it? That when you bang your funny bone it's not funny at all, and when you break your heart it doesn't break as much as burn, leaving behind embers as dark as night." that make me think you are wise beyond your years. You have such a way with words. I love this sentence "I swallow the jealously though, letting it scratch it's way down my throat, so that I will be able to twist my face into a smile later." So profound. Another favourite "his voice dripping like venomous honey." The metaphor you created here "“A surprise wedding gift,” the leech answered and I scoffed. I was the cheap piece of appliance she would end up returning anyway. Great." is amazing. And works so well juxapositioned after Billy's pov.

This is so powerful: "But it was like a slap in the face when I suddenly realized that though I had consciously accepted Bella's refusal to entertain the idea of loving me like she could... my subconscious mind had never come to terms with the fact that while she was busy not loving me, she was loving somebody else. More. She couldn't love me like that because she wasn't even in possession of her own heart. And I knew first hand that when you give those things away you rarely receive the chance to return or exchange." Again your abilities belay your age. And moments later I read this "And as the puzzle pieces slid it to place I realized how anguishing it is to be an extra in somebody else's love story. Perhaps that's all I ever was. An extra." which so such insight into the human condition. YOU SO GET JACOB. The Shakespeare quotes were perfect.
Prpurpledragon chapter 4 . 4/17/2009
For someone so young you have written the most amazing chapter. This is my favorite so far. I love how you have captured everyone in the previous chapters. But you have captured LOVE in this one. Please keep writing you are truly talented!; )
Prpurpledragon chapter 3 . 4/17/2009
That is so Emmett to love having Bella around not only because how she has changed Edward, but because she entertains him. hehe ; ) Edward must have totally been lost in Bella to not have caught Emmett's thoughts sooner. Lucky for Emmett.
Prpurpledragon chapter 2 . 4/17/2009
This is a very sweet chapter. I really love that you are letting us see what these family members might have thought about Edward and Bella. You have done a wonderful job.
Prpurpledragon chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
This is an incredible chapter, I'm really glad you are writing this. Can't wait to read much talent. ; )
gryffindorgal87 chapter 14 . 4/16/2009
Wow. That was one of the best Jacob POVs I've read in a long time. And using Romeo & Juliet was a brilliant idea. Awesome job! ]
Avaleigh1 chapter 9 . 4/16/2009
What an amazing opening paragraph. I knew it was about the rain, but oh, so much more interesting than "it was pouring outside." Have I mentioned I love your writing?

And then you do this "The second hand on my watch rounded the face once more, each second pulsing in my ears. I restlessly ran a hand through my hair." What a way to describe an actual minute passing. Damn, you're good!

You paint word pictures with sentences like "I strode towards the dull tan phone hanging on the wall behind the counter."

Love, love: "All the girls went through something many people referred to as the “Cullen phase.” Fawning over the bizarre family, that never displayed any interest back was expected."

And then this is so sweet: "I just wished that that light in her eyes could have been my doing. That I could have been her Edward."

YOU MUST CONTINUE TO WRITE! You are so good at it.
Avaleigh1 chapter 7 . 4/16/2009
Loved this chapter. Perfect mix of humour and fatherly thoughts. How are you so good at this at such a young age. I'd be impressed by your writing even if you were older.
purged chapter 14 . 4/16/2009
Update it again please!

I love this!

~twerd13
Avaleigh1 chapter 5 . 4/16/2009
You're right; it's not your best chapter. BUT, it's still very good. I like this Rosalie: tough but soft.
Avaleigh1 chapter 4 . 4/16/2009
Love how this chapter reveals as much about Edward as it does Jasper. So tender. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
Avaleigh1 chapter 3 . 4/16/2009
Again; wow! Your grammer isn't perfect in this one, but it doesn't stand in the way of understanding your meaning. I still can't get over how you can write with such insight into Carlise's character and then nail the voice of such a different character in this chapter. I'm blown away.
929 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »