Reviews for For Want of a Wand
tricorvus chapter 1 . 7/22
Very well-written, intriguing.
Rock on
Lord of Stories chapter 10 . 4/10
I'm reading all the other reviews, and it's quite amusing to see the number of people that really just don't understand what's going on :)
Personally, I think that the blend between the real story and Harry's story (the biggest issue people seem to have) is what makes this story special. I don't think I've read a story this intriguing on this website, ever. You can obviously tell who really read the story and who just skimmed through and got confused due to their ignorance, for one.
That being said, the one thing that irked me most is the bridge from Harry's escapade to his involvement with Fleur (chapters 2-4,5, I think). I'm not sure if you meant it to be purposely vague so that you could fill in the blanks in later chapters, but there were obviously quite a few details missing.
Seeing as this story hasn't been updated in over five years, I doubt you'll take into account my review. Honestly, I think you could've ended it with chapter 9 if you included more detail in chapters 2 through 5. You stopped writing when Harry finished his story, the plot curve was there, and the last chapter itself had a nice cliffhanger. I actually thought the story was over when I finished it.
All in all, this was a great read. Whether you update it or not, it deserves more praise that it's getting. Thanks!
Ebony Scales chapter 10 . 2/10
Very interesting story. I look forward to seeing where you take it.
Captain Tea chapter 10 . 1/7
Did Harry gamble foolishly? Who the hell knows!? It's been seven years! Well, more like six, but I digress.. Unacceptable! Something as good as this is a crime to withhold from the public.. I cannot forgive you for this offence :(
Andrius chapter 2 . 10/25/2014
It's really well written, but somewhat confusing. This would be easily fixed by separating the two parts with a horizontal line or whatever.
Christopher chapter 10 . 6/13/2013
Hmm, so I think it's reasonable to assume that this story will probably not be updated again. Nevertheless, here's my review:

You're story is actually quite good, almost amazing, in fact. Despite what other readers may have thought, I thought your method of writing two scenarios without divides was as artistic as it was devilishly clever. I'm glad you didn't compromise such a clever narrative structure for a plain by-the-book narrative for the more easily confused. This is the part that really stuck out for me - great idea.

And onto Fleur, I've finally found a writer who can write Fleur Delacour consistent to her background. Yours is the most realistic and interesting Fleur I've read and it's a shame that the fic has gone without update. I truly enjoy reading it and seeing how Fleur and Harry are both extremely close but at the same time far from friends. It's something I'm trying to wrap my head around, but it is very interesting to read.

I enjoyed the political intrigue you tried to insert into your story and while I don't think the international thriller aspect was executed as cleanly as it could have been, I must say that after only 10 chapters, I was still very impressed. This story had huge potential and was a very welcome breath of fresh air. I'm sorry to see this go without update. If you ever pick this back up, I'll be eager to read it.

Cheers.
voidblade6 chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
... he is telling them a different story then the one we are hearing.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Mate this whole thing is confusing and inconsistent- it has great potential if you fix it!
zonianx chapter 3 . 3/24/2012
This seems to be a good story but I must have missed a couple of things. Is this wand the same one he took from Beltrix, and if so how come he doesn't say so? How did he get away from his kidnapper, because last we saw he was tied up in a muggle vehicle? The only thing that makes a little sense is that Harry is lying to the order and we are seeing his inner monologue mixed with what he is saying out loud. I hope this clears up soon as it is ruining what appears to be a pretty good story.
Japboix1 chapter 3 . 11/25/2011
Wait... what? I think I know what you're doing with this story, but man, I have to say, I was confused as shit until a moment ago. It's good, and interesting but the unique way you wrote it was confusing at first XD
TxA-GunFighter chapter 3 . 9/20/2011
Good chapter.

TxA-GunFighter chapter 2 . 9/20/2011
Good chapter.

TxA-GunFighter chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Bummer.

notyou chapter 10 . 6/22/2011
This is one wicked fic, kind sir!