Reviews for Counting Down to Zero
Nimuea chapter 6 . 10/23/2014
Good story, feels like it could really have been part of the storyline. I wish there was more. More filler episodes from you like this one. Really like it.
LFVoy chapter 6 . 5/20/2012
I rather fell for this one when I first discovered it over at the Delphic Expanse. It's plausible and genuinely sweet, yet not in that sticky-fluffy way that can give you tooth rot. Instead, it shows two characters struggling through things the way two real people very much might.

I love your Trip and T'Pol and I'd like to think that these are the same two who ended up as captain and first officer of the Endeavour.
Methus 2 chapter 6 . 8/1/2010
You should really continue this story, I loved it, it is really well written, you are truely one of the best authors :)
Aikiweeize chapter 6 . 6/18/2009
Please, please, please, please continue this.

This is one of the places in Trip & T'Pol's relationship that needs to be filled and you're doing the perfect job.

I got the impression (based on their extremely intimate and casual behavior in Countdown and Trip asking T'Pol what her mother knows about them) that they resumed their physical relationship around this time. I want to see what you do with it.
aikiweezie chapter 6 . 3/31/2009
I am enjoying this story very much - I find it completely believable and not too far off-canon - more like filling in the blanks. Nice work.
panyasan chapter 6 . 3/22/2009
Now I realize it is the ending. "She needed to speak to Trip." Nice little ending.

And she did start the conversation on the show, but we didn't see the real conversation as indicated by Home.
Kevin Thomas Riley chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
I just realized I hadn't commented on this fic at all, so here goes.

It's a nice little missing scenes/scene additions or whatever it's called. Would've been nice to see some of it on the show itself, but then again, inner monologues is hard to translate into live action.

It does show a plausible scenario in where their relationship stood at the time. I liked that T'Pol got to feel most in control when she was snuggling beside Trip. Now that's a great revelation, although at this point she's too stubborn/scared to realize the implications. The workings of the bond-to-be.

Any chance of a little TnT fic like this taking place between "Storm Front, Part 2" and "Home"? That period is begging for another exploration about what their relationship was like at that point, how far it went.

/KTR
panyasan chapter 6 . 3/22/2009
I am happy that you continued with the fic. I liked esp. chapter minus 7 a lot. Curious to see how you are going end it.
DinahD chapter 6 . 3/19/2009
At least T'Pol understands the contribution Trip made to Enterprise: engineering skills, counseling, holding the crew together. With Archer off being the heroic lone wolf and T'Pol struggling with her personal problems, I'm not sure the crew could have held things together without Trip. It's too bad Starfleet and TPTB were never able to recognize his accomplishments.

I like T'Pol's musings about forwarding information on the swiftly growing Expanse to the High Command. Assuming that V'Las is in charge, it would be very interesting to know his response. What would work to the advantage of the Romulans? I think T'Pol might have been surprised. The Romulans might have acknowledged the danger to which the Vulcans had previously turned a blind eye and told V'Las to take action.

This story does a nice job of filling in the gaps. It really allows the reader to understand how T'Pol is struggling. But she no longer comes across as a victim. There's an underlying determination that was missing earlier. She's admitted to herself that she made mistakes at Azati Prime, and even though she hasn't been able to meditate properly, she's going to give the destruction of Sphere 41 her best shot. This time she's the steadying force for Trip.

There's one issue I'd like to see explored a little more fully in another story: Trip's nightmares since Sim's death. Are these dreams just guilt over Sim's sacrifice or are they something more? It's too bad that there was no follow up to Similitude. It would be interesting to know if there were any lingering problems in the relationships between Trip, Archer, and Phlox or if references to Sim ever turned up in Archer's reports to Starfleet at the end of the mission.

Excellent story! You really gave us a compelling look at two people who have been thoroughly battered by life, but instead of giving up, they're unconsciously drawing strength from one another. It's understandable how a bond could slowly begin to develop between them.
Lilith Kayden chapter 6 . 3/19/2009
Thank you for your story. Its a vast improvement over the Star Trek: Enterprise TV show.
bnb chapter 6 . 3/19/2009
Not half bad. :) I personally have always disliked those two episodes very much, so I am biased. But you took them and polished off most of the distaste I felt. Thank you.
Alelou chapter 6 . 3/19/2009
I think you're doing a fabulous job with T'Pol's point of view, and staying in canon is just icing on the cake.

Have to admit, though, it's been so long with this story I had to back up and read earlier chapters to remember what was going on. (I look forward to reading it over from the beginning when it's all done.)
framework4 chapter 5 . 12/15/2008
A delightful tale. well done even if you never finish it.
Bluenblack chapter 5 . 4/17/2008
This is just as good the second time I read it. I really hope that you can wrestle the beast into submission. :)
Emiliana Keladry chapter 5 . 4/17/2008
Phlox was always one of my favorite characters. He's so smart and sincere. Great chapter!

Emma