Reviews for Sympathy for the Diva
Akuma's knight chapter 1 . 7/3
Diva and riku are my otp make sequel please? I want to see diva's reaction to her babies
KingBowser444 chapter 8 . 9/22/2014
I've got to say, I like this version of the story's end a lot more than the original. Diva is reformed, Riku's alive, Saya and Hagi get together (finally) and without the apparent death interrupting it. All in all, it was an excellent story and you kept the characters true to their actual counterparts. Keep it up!
ZeronosVega chapter 8 . 7/20/2014
Excellent, truly excellent. This turned out exactly like I wanted it to and I cannot thank you enough for that. I love how you emphasized the point of divergence for your story- Diva deciding to spare Riku. As such, this has become my version of the end of Blood.

The openness of the two endings was a good call, since it allows the reader to then interpret whatever happy ending they want. Though, I would have loved to have seen how the other couples in this story were after the thirty year time period. Guess I should put my imagination to work and take advantage of that open ending I praised in this very paragraph!

Truly, there is plenty of praise to be had for this story. The characterization was perfect, the sex scenes were incredible, and the resolution of the plot was handled exceptionally well. The only flaw I found was that it wasn't the actual ending of Blood! But once more, this story has stuck a cord with me, confirming that I'm still very fond of obscure pairings and Diva/Riku is pretty damn obscure given their canon history. So again, thank you so very much for having taken the time to write this story, allowing me to reevaluate my appreciation for this fandom! Best wishes on your future endeavors!
ZeronosVega chapter 7 . 7/20/2014
Riku to the rescue! Though he does seem to be the resolver of the conflicts here, it makes sense as he has become the glue which binds everyone together. I could easily see this being the case had he survived in the actual series. Even better, he took the time to point out the gaps in logic the two sisters had towards each other. Though it made it a bit lengthy in him trying to make his point, it was necessary in my opinion.

Your explanation of why Diva's blood became ineffective was rather ingenious. Personally, I hate when the mechanics of a series are left unexplained, so I very much appreciate that you have provided your own explanations for why certain events or phenomena took place.

I'm glad that everyone could come to an understanding. While there's still some bad blood (couldn't resist the pun), it would be unrealistic for every crime to be absolved in an instant. The path of redemption is a slow one of understanding, forgiveness, and letting go and it's something Diva and Saya will have to deal with in stride (everyone else to, but then the list would go on forever).
ZeronosVega chapter 6 . 7/20/2014
Poor Solomon, but I feel his death and desire to follow his convictions were necessary for not only Saya and Riku, but maybe even Diva should she learn or take the time to listen to them. I enjoyed Nathan playing a small part in this chapter. He's always been an interesting character and I like how you've increased his mysterious factor by having him not be Diva's chevalier. Personally, my theory is that he belonged to one of the previous queens, maybe even being Saya and Diva's father (the latter is a bit of a stretch). It would explain why he's so much more powerful than the others.

I'm excited for the climax of the story, but also a bit sad as I tend to get when I near the end of a great read.
ZeronosVega chapter 5 . 7/20/2014
An interesting turn of events. I like how you've expanded on the report by including changes being made to Riku. It makes sense that a mate would have to become immune to their queen so as to not be accidentally killed by their blood. I suppose this would allow for them to be by themselves for long periods of time and feed off of each other almost exclusively.

It's too bad, though not unexpected, that Diva would twist Riku's meaning of having a family and living peacefully. It would also remove much of the drama for the later chapters if she just gave into his ideals. At least she's making progress... right?
ZeronosVega chapter 4 . 7/20/2014
A bit shorter of a chapter than I was expecting (I blame the previous chapter for that), but it was still good. The fight was entertaining and did give off a strong feeling of improvement from Saya. While I'm not familiar with the original fight, I can understand how one can feel disappointed when a character leaves to become stronger only to act less impressive than previous showings. I guess they were so focused on highlighting the approach of Saya's dormant period that they didn't care about the fights.

I also noticed a few misspelled words in this chapter. Had I been more proactive, I would have written them down. If you by chance wish to correct these mistakes, I'd be more than happy to comb through the text and find them again.
ZeronosVega chapter 3 . 7/20/2014
This was a doozy of a chapter, though it offered a number of useful insights so no worries there. This did emphasize just how broken Diva is as a character, really cementing her place as an "anti-villain" in my eyes. Still, she's making positive strides towards improvement which is only a good thing. I do worry about her eventual confrontation with Saya, because it could serve to undo what progress she has made.

Riku's reaction is really going to be the key. This chapter didn't show it, but he's got to feel both relieved to know that Saya has come for him, but also feel like he cannot leave Diva without destroying her. I would not wish to be in his shoes, not one bit!
ZeronosVega chapter 2 . 7/19/2014
I can certainly agree with your criticisms of the final episodes. Simply put, Plot Armor can really ruin a series or at least, take away some of the immersion as your mind stumbles over the plot holes forming along the story's path. That's the beauty of fan fiction; such issues can be given explanations (or better ones) or removed entirely.

So far, I've really enjoyed your retelling of these events even though I have not seen the originals. While it's more work on my part to have to look up characters, I don't mind simply because the narrative is so well executed. I'm excited for the prospect of being able to see Diva in a new light. I just hope that her fate isn't the same as in the original series; that there's a good ending for (most) everyone involved despite the previous actions of Diva and company.

One last thing. In this chapter, you used "effected" to describe what had happened to Haji. However, I believe "affected" would be the appropriate word, as it means "influenced or touched by an external factor". Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more of this, only I will have to do so tomorrow. Thanks so much!
ZeronosVega chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
First off, I just wanted to say that I've not watched much of Blood. While it has an interesting premise, a part of me just dreads watching it because of one thing: Riku's death. Normally, spoilers don't bother me but when I learned of what happened to Riku, I just lost my desire to watch the whole way through because I liked Riku and hated his fate.

However, your story is looking to change that and I'm absolutely ecstatic about such a prospect! It seems we share the same feeling about creating a fantasy for how you wish a series to turn out (which really is the essence of fan fiction). Regarding this chapter, it was very well-written and the more I read, the more I became engrossed in it. It's truly a shame that you no longer write, at least on , because you truly are a wordsmith.
seasonwave chapter 8 . 5/3/2014
Thank you for writing this! This would have been a way better ending to the anime. The story is very nicely written to coincide with the events that happened and even though this isn't what really transpired, having an idea of a happy end for them leaves me happier when thinking back on blood.
Dawen123 chapter 8 . 7/30/2013
Why oh why didn't things end like this!?

Best alternate story ever! Seriously, every character was spot on. It was as if this happened in the show.

I don't know why the writers had to kill off those characters. This was by far a better route. It presented the main moral of the story than the original show could dream.

God bless you, mate... God bless you.
Nolidoli chapter 8 . 7/26/2013
This is a very well written. In the manga they showed that Riku sympathized with Diva even going as far to want to protect her. This version of what could have happened I think connected better with the manga. Showing Diva as truly just a spoiled child who didn't know another way to live. You wrote all the characters wonderfully not doing anything uncharacteristic or crazy. You didn't make Diva kind and you didn't make Riku unaware and stupid. You made Saya act like Saya and even the relationship with Kai and Irene seemed realistic. I to think that if she had lived something might have happened between the two. Your ending was sweet but not unrealistic.
Selonianth chapter 8 . 7/14/2013
Tbh I'm not entirely sure that the dormant state is 30 years anyways I think they might have said 20 or 30 which makes more sense. timeline doesn't quite fit with a strict 30 year hibernation.
Selonianth chapter 2 . 7/14/2013
You got one thing wrong in your A/N and that is that Saya did in fact use superspeed once. It's use actually gives the arguement in the story weight however as it is clear that Saya is lost in her instincts at the time.