Reviews for Tyrant
Always-Striving chapter 5 . 6/12/2014
This chapter was just...haunting. I want to feel reassured, but the way this situation is presented is so raw and poignant, especially Zuko's flickering hope an Ozai's own conflicted nature. Wonderful.
Indigo1100 chapter 5 . 1/14/2010
That was really interesting. The wife and son ones were my favorites, I think. You really see a lot of Ozai in that. Thanks!
Aristeia chapter 5 . 12/31/2009
I don't like it when people demonize Ozai. Sure, he's done terrible things, but everyone has a past. With these five shorts, you've managed to find a balance between Ozai's cruelty and his human side. Everything he does and has done-there's a reason behind it all.

Thank you for this story!
Aristeia chapter 4 . 12/31/2009
It still surprises me each time I'm reminded of the age difference between Iroh and Ozai. I really like your take on Ozai's childhood.
Aristeia chapter 3 . 12/31/2009
This was wonderful and says so much despite its short length! The very last line is so ambiguous and sums up this chapter perfectly.
Aristeia chapter 2 . 12/31/2009
This scenario seems very plausible to me and was very in character. Ozai is meticulous, calculating, and arrogant. You captured those aspects very well.
Aristeia chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Writing a fanfic based on Confucian principles-how very fitting!
Elvenstar Imrahil chapter 5 . 11/24/2008
Well, that was very interesting. This is the first Ozai fic I've read due to the fact that I despise him. You portray his character very well. Good job.

Now I must go find someplace to extract myself from Ozai's head. His thoughts are not pleasant.
Julia451 chapter 5 . 11/7/2008
Good idea. My favorite is definitely chapter 4.
card castles chapter 5 . 11/2/2008
Wow. This was really a great story. I liked the last chapter in particular, but all five were very insightful and very IC. Good job.
clockworkchaos chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
A fascinatingly series of oneshots, with a unique way to explore Ozai's relationships.
claymade chapter 5 . 10/28/2008
Very elegant and thought-provoking; you really get into Ozai's head, and structuring it around something as classical as the theme you chose frames it really well and infuses it with a feeling of antiquity/precedent that works very good. The glimpses of Ozai's relationships, particularly in the way he *uses* them in the rawest, most ugly sense of the word, is chilling-particularly the husband/wife one. Excellent job with this!
The One And Only Lobster chapter 5 . 10/28/2008
Fantastic idea and a great concept. I really enjoyed reading this. It was so well executed. I only spotted one typo in the whole thing: "many early members of his brother" I think you mean memories.
lazyguy90 chapter 5 . 10/28/2008
Brilliant idea and fantastically written. An excellent job. Keep at it!
whennerdscollide chapter 4 . 6/22/2008
One could argue that Ozai keeping Zuko from loving him is for his benefit...but alas, why does he love Azula so much? Or is it just immense pride, such that Iroh held for Lu-Ten? Food for thought. :]