Reviews for Stay Strong
ladybug114 chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
wow, perfect explanation! it totally fits! another great story, i love it :)
Dawnfire17 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
You should really write a kinda sequel to this where someone gets mad at Riley cuz' he knows to much and Ben tries to protect him. Maybe you already did. I haven't read all your stories but if you haven't, you should. Smiles!
carolinesayer chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
aww that was good :) thankyou xx
ddamato chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Wow, you are a great writer! I can tell, because when while I was reading, I felt my stomach drop just a bit at the thought of Riley hurt and disappointed. I love how you described the way Riley felt when [he thought] Ben let him down. Great one shot! *grin*
Sammykinz chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
I know exactly what you mean, hon. -nods- I was WICKED mad at Ben for not reading Riley's book, and this pretty much sums up how both of them must feel sometimes. Great job.
Solitaire42 chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Oh, sad : ( Poor Riley- that was one of the worst parts of the movie for me.

It was really, really well written, and I understand why Ben felt that way, but I think I would have liked an epilogue with hugging. (I enjoy most hugging in most stories _)
Tex1051 chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
i dont get it,why didnt he read the book?
Califaction chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Good fic! I too was appalled that Ben didn't read Riley's book (he reads everything else in existence, why not this?). Thank you so much for writing a reason for him! It's so tragic that Ben feels he has to protect Riley from everything, and all he ends up doing is hurting his friend. Honestly, Ben-you're a history buff, don't you know that the 'hurt him to save him from what you've done to him' (and that guilt was exquisite, by the way-this was my favorite line) never works? I think the fic could be improved with some editing. Little things like the missing 'for' in "bracing himself the crushed look," and making "somehow" two words jarred me out of the fic sometimes. You did a good job expressing Ben's conflicted feelings, and his dumbtarded need to save everyone/everything, and Riley's utter angst. Other favorite line: "Riley didn’t believe in things he could not be sure of. Usually, one of those things was Ben." Thanks for writing and posting!
Kitty chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Hm...well, I don't agree with the reasoning behind why Ben didn't read Riley's book, but I truly admire the effort to come up with a plausible reason that would allow us to still like him! Good job for that, and for keeping the whole story entertaining and deep and slightly heart-wrenching. Kudos.
XxMemories4everxX chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
Awsome story
vaguely amused chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Oh, thank you. At last an explanation for the biggest mystery in either movie. I mean, if Riley had written some dense computer technical manual, Ben might have been forgiven for skimming, but come on. The thing was on Ben's specialty. I'm not entirely sure this is in character (Ben is generally a bit careless when it comes to Riley's feelings), but it's beautifully written. The thought of Ben doing to Riley what Patrick did to him is interesting and a bit frightening, given Patrick's behavior in the first movie.
BandGeek58407 chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
This was very very good. Every time I go see Book of Secrets I can't help but leave the theater completely furious with Ben, since...well, I like Ben and all, but Riley's still my favorite.

You brought out a lot of things about the tone Riley spoke in that I hadn't thought about; his "falsely cheerful" tone was one thing I never really understood.

Let's hope Turteltaub and Bruckheimer decide to resolve this sort of issue between them in numero 3.

Wonderful job.
Miss Fenway chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
That was sad. Poor Riley. I loved it though.
riley-poole27 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
ben was so wrong to hurt riley.
LoremIpsum chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Great start Please keep updating

Ugh I know totally what you mean. I had to write a fic as soon as I saw the movie because I was like...uh Ben what are you doing? And I was kind of angry at the writers because they made him almost look like a jerk in this movie. He resolves things with Abigail... he doesn't with Riley. In fact he kind of ignores Riley despite everything he does. My hope is that on the DVD they have at least ONE deleted scene that sort of addresses this! That would make me very happy!