Reviews for Balance of Power
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Very sweet. And a good point I haven't seen others make, of big brother/little brother v. just backing your brother up. I also like your version of John. Just wanted to point out that he goes from Wright to White in the story...and that they probably would have been Winchesters that early on, since Sam would've needed school records for college. But just a thought. Enjoyable piece.
R.K. Cloud chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
This was a great story! I really enjoyed it.

Great job,

FT
I'mcalledZorro chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Great story! It was very cute.
Quick-Demon chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Wow great story! Very enjoyable!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Nice one, love Sam saving Dean. And I like John is dealing with them, just wonderful. Hugs, Vonnie
Nana56 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Awesome fic. Perfect characterizations. I love Papa John.

Very well done.
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
I love this piece. Teen!Winchesters is probably my all time favorite. Dean would struggle with Sam maturing and you potrayed that with grace. And John's interaction with the principal was great.

Lovely work!
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
What a cute and sweet little oneshot. I loved how you did it in John's pov. Sam protecting his brother for the first time and Dean not being sure about it- was fun to see played out here. Great job.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Awesome oneshot and I got to say that you sure surprised me with the revelation that it was Sam who broke Jimmy's nose because he was protecting Dean-I love it! Couldn't have been better!
friendly chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
good job.. that was really good
teal-lover chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
that was cute. I'm glad to see sammy taking over the role of protector for a change.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
he he he go sammy go! great job on this one...so excited to see you post I read it to fast... going to have to go back and savor it LOL... ttyl
TraSan chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Oh, most excellent. I think Dean would be feeling equal parts proud (because his Sammy had done well), and uncertain (would his position of big brother be the same after this). You captured that brilliantly.

And Sam wanting to be more like Dean was perfect. I loved this little romp into the Wee!Chester world. Nicely done.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
What a sweet and well-written story about the boys and their Daddy when they were younger. Very interesting topic, too.

Your characterization of the Winchester men and John in particular was spot-on. I totally see him taking to that exact situation just the way he did in here. Despite his strict up-bringing of the boys, he would never punish them for defending each other against whatever tried to mess with them, rather fearing the other parent's repercussions.

Even though Dean was surely proud of his younger brother too, I can also understand his hesitating behaviour to the new situation. Yet, I agree with his father, he would have given those three bullies what they deserved eventually, no doubt about that; so, no need to worry. To date he went down several times but he always got back up and turned the tide in his favour.

One of the best scenes however, was the final 'struggle' the two kids had. That was such a typical Sam-and-Dean thing to do (in that age) to show their affection and yet not share a 'chick-flick-moment' per se.

Ms. Blair's tactically well placed/sized chair in front of her desk was a gorgeous idea - something I could really imagine a principal to do on purpose to provoke a certain reaction.

BTW (and no offence), when John offered to consider paying for the doctor's bill, you called him "Mr. White" instead of "Mr. Wright".
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 4/5/2008