Reviews for the boy who used to be The Boy
Fan.Fiction.Love chapter 1 . 2/17
what a beautiful story. So full of love and caring and pain. The lines when they parted at the end really did me in. I cried right along with Axel, and I like to think that Roxas cried, too. Great story and as others have said, the ending made it more powerful.
SupernaturalHearts chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
Okay that was really good writing, but damn that broke my heart.
CacoPhoniA chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Dammit, that was sad.
Roku-Sarael chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This hurt my heart, poor axel. But very well done. :)
Sensory Overload chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
You know, I think I've read this story at least four times and I have never reviewed it. Goddamnit, I'm such a bitch. xD

Well, after the third time reading it I just knew that I had to write something so... here goes.

I really like this story, I really do. I love how Axel narrarates the whole story and the swearing actually does sound like Axel talking. It makes me sad how Axel and Roxas only had one day of "perfect fucking bliss" and I really do wish that this story had a happy ending, but it wouldn't be as powerful and you would be taking away from the whole one-shot if you did that.

I think my favorite couple of lines is at the end and it totally just broke my heart and made my cry:

So I leaned in and gave him one last lie to hang on to.

“Roxas,” I practically whispered in his ear, “stay with me forever.” He let out a sigh and looked up at me with a smile.

It was beautiful and broke my heart into millions of pieces.

“Forever and a day, Axel.”

SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL! Anyways, just... fantastic job. I think you just about tore my heart out and left it at the end of this story. Thank you so much for such a great read and keep on writing!
Figment of an Imagination chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
I squealed and sobbed...

I loved it..thank you so much

I can't usually read angst too well, but I loved this, even if it made me horribly sad
Dali De Memoria chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
as i finished reading the last sentence, i swear my breath caught in my throat and all i felt like doing was crying. that was absolutely beautiful. absolutely beautifully heart breaking. thank you. i haven't read anything that wonderful in awhile. it was perfect.
Kiwee chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Axel, you choose the worst freaking time to be a martyr. Dude, kidnap the boy and make that day last for the rest of the eternity he promised you! I was so hopeful near the end, when they were planning out their future and all that jazz, but then...the last bit killed. One day of utter bliss is better than none, I suppose, but why are they so dumb and non-cooperating towards my fangirl needs?

That...was more of a rant than a proper review, I'm sorry. It was a very nicely done piece, though, and I could practically feel the Axel-ness the whole time. The fact that he bawled at the end just twisted my heart, and, though my inner Disney-ending-fan flailing at it, this is their relationship in a nutshell. No matter what world or time they're in, this is always the way they'll end up. I can't help but hate you a little for making me see this, though. xD
DaystoDawn chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
-emo sigh-

I wish they could have been together! Maybe it will happen in the future...

I can pretend

It was so good, but I was sad in the end
12q chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
...I don't know what to say. I mean. I loved Axel's voice, it was very nice and entertaining and yet so sad. But. But the whole deal with 'only for a day' - what the heck? I'm... I'm really disappointed now. I mean I can't say anything because it's your story and you've got the right to make it whatever way you want to make it, so I don't have any say at all in that of course, but still... they had so much potential. I don't know. Oh god. It's so sad and crushed me.

Very well done, very well written, and so sad D:
Elsewhere-Kels chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
I originally found this on LJ and added it to my memories. Then I had to find in on and add it to my favourites... This fanfic broke my heart so gently; you have no idea. Well really, you probably do, since you wrote it. Your Axel voice is superb. A huge part of me wishes that the ending could have been different, but if it had this story wouldn't have been nearly as magnificent. The feel of it reminds me a lot of the final meeting between Axel and Roxas in the game, actually. This fanfic is so... them. How they fit together so perfectly, yet it just can't be. For whatever reason.

Thank you for this. You are a gift to writing. I look forward to more from you. :)
LadeeBliss chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I thought Axel was cute and awesome and adorable and awesome and cool and awesome and funny and awesome and heart-wrenchingly sweet and, did I mention, awesome? I was literally sobbing when I finished it, but, damn, it was SO realistic, y'know? The fact that they couldn't be together, just because he should be with Naminé. Because it's better for him. Godammit, I hated this fic so much because of its pure brilliance and realism. This is such a great piece of work. But, y'know, they deserve a happy ending! I could go on for ages, but I won't. I don't wanna bore you. Just know, I'm rootin' you on. This fic has really inspired me.

Versace Frolic chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Sometimes you don't have to say anything at all, right? You just KNOW. In this way, you must know, really know, that you've written something incredible. I mean, there are one-shots, and there are ONE-SHOTS. I am a proponent of the one-shot. You cut away all the bullshit and you leave the guts. The meat is what's left, the soul.

Adding a sequel would cheapen this. Any other ending wouldn't ring as profoundly. I mean, yeah, whatever, it's just a story. Except it's not just a story; it's art. It's emotion all stuffed and boxed into nine thousand words. The best part is how it doesn't feel forced. And the second best is Roxas smoking. Third best is cutting to the chase: "I fucked him, alright?"-ugh, that part in particular made some silent part of me stand up and applaud.

I adored the swearing. Gives it all character. The voice is genuine throughout, and I love it all to pieces.
Pinuiini chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
aw shit, that really broke my heart. but it was good.
Mary chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Oh...That ending made me cry (fuck you and your brilliant writing). Keep it up!

- M