Reviews for Instinct
bumblebooty chapter 1 . 7/29
This was absolutely heart-rending and gorgeous at the same time. Wonderful job with imbuing such a short piece of text with so much rich detail and raw emotion. This was difficult to swallow. I loved the whole thing, but especially the paragraph right before the last:

Yet for all his running, and he hadn't stopped since that first day, he could not escape her still. She wove herself into his very being, knitting him together with sweet memories and slashing him apart with the reality of her death. He wanted to scream, to tear at himself until he ripped her from under his skin...

Holy smokes, I had chills here! You're an excellent writer!
that was fucking amazing
hamxham chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
beautifully written; i loved the way the story was set up and it left me unsatisfied (in a good way!) and undoubtedly angsty (:
SailorMeowMeow chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
this was sooooo sad! I feel so bad for link. *sniff*sniff*
Casey chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
This was beautifully done. I mean, I could feel Link's angst and sadness through the story. I have never read anything more tragic.
Luthien Surion-my elvish name chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
this is so sad!
Irelandgal131 chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
wow this is an remarkably well written one-shot! I love the wording and the description. The plot was nicely done and definitely one of my favorites! ;)
Cheetah Goddess chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Cheetah Goddess: ...Why must you write these emo-making stories? Why? Do you enjoy crushing a poor girl's dream of "happily ever after?" *sobs in a corner*

Silver: I actually prefer the dark stories myself.

Cheetah Goddess: Go back to the dark hell from once you came, you knave!

Silver: Oh, did I poke a nerve?

Cheetah Goddess: Don't make me tell everybody about how you sleep wi-

Silver: Okay, okay!

Cheetah Goddess: Jeez...Anyways, lovely story, as always, albeit a said one...
somethingborrowed3 chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
You really like writing about dead Zelda, don't you? This was really descriptive, especially the beginning, and I could definitely sense the forest in my inner mind. The rest of the story was nice, probably a bit rushed, but it was really a great read.

The only problem is that you have about 10 lines per paragraph. I had to force myself to read & enjoy this, because it is difficult for me and quite a few other people to read long paragraphs. I would like it if each paragraph was no more than 5 lines maximum.

Simply, you've made me cry again. Those last few paragraphs were simply amazing.
Eve Royal chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
Wow... Intense. But, it definetly has something to think about. maybe if I ever watch my sibs play this game again, I'll think about this kind of idea.

Eve
animevideogame freak chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
omg that was so sad but so beautiful at the same time very good job
Minuit Chanson17 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
I actually had no idea this story was a tragedy story until I came upon that one simple little line that said it all T_T

Frighteningly beautiful, but lovely nontheless. :)
Mipping chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
That was very moving, lovely :)
guitarmania07 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
Terribly sad and sweet all at the same time. Very good
Chrysalide chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
This was very lovely, especially nearing the end. The initial scanning of the piece is intimidating - I'd suggest a few more paragraph breaks if the content allows for them - but that's a tiny complaint. Excellent storytelling, using the 'instincts' discourse to connect the plot in the most meaningful manner.