Reviews for Albus Potter and the Misspent Youth
TheFredtoherGeorge chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
OMG, this is brilliant. All of the NextGen stories I've read and I've never ran across anything quite like this. I love how you manage to mock the genre while participating in it at the same time ("And no, I'm not telling. Ha. Like you won't make up your own story about it anyway" - hysterical).

"Rose, you're as boiled as an owl." I literally laughed out loud. Is that a real expression somewhere?

Definitely going to hunt down the continuations and read those as well.
Needle In A Haystack chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
That was quite a laugh! Love the whole 'calculated debauchery' idea, cant wait to read your mercury chronicles ! (I am headed towards your profile now).
Lady Proemess chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Very, very, original. Reminds me of champagne - light, humourous and very nice.

Very original and good, sound characterisations, good grammar, and a consistent writing style throughout the entire story.

Well done!
DarthSmiles chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Nice job!
DameLaffa chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Wow, that was great !

On my way to check out your long story about them !
Rita Arabella Black chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
I can't believe I haven't read this before. I loved it. I think you've got the whole "celebrity kid" thing nailed.
Taure chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I find myself longing for Voldemort. Nothing like an immortal and seemingly invincible powerful Dark Lord to shut up some self-important spoilt kids who've never known what it means to fight for something.
Frankie and Avery.dont ask chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
delicious. Albus, Scorpius, and Rose are the perfect reinvention of the original Golden Trio (a great improvement on them actually). Loved it!

Frankie
over-rehearsed chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I loved this! It was pretty awesome. Sorry, I would have read and reviewed sooner, but the bookstore was waiting for me, and I couldn't help myself.

So, is that what all of these mercury chronicles stories are? Al... chronicling them?
candycity chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
What's with all the 'love's and 'darling's? Seriously, it has kind of bypassed the level of basic sarcasm. And yes, it is unique, but don't you think they're being a bit unfair? I mean, the Golden Trio didn't do anything to them, and you make it sound as though it's some sort of crime to be born to a bunch of celebrities.

However, it is pretty brilliant. It could have been better, but it's a very original idea. Points for the excellent grammar and spelling.

Overall, I think you've done a good job, despite going a bit overboard. Keep writing!

-AJ

(Just a side note - is it me or does this bear a certain resemblance to FRENEMIES and GOSSIP GIRL?)
Tyche Nemesis chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
You're right, this is ambitious, but I really, really like it. It's a completely different take on Albus, Rose and Scorpius that I have /ever/ read, and I really enjoyed reading it! *goes to check out the chronicles*
graciegraceland chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
This is one of my favorite stories! It's definatley a unique idea of Albus Potter's life and I love it!
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
I don't read all that much NextGen, but this was very, very different from the stuff I have read. It was great though, and I can actually see their parents' fame affecting them like this. Albus was hilarious, and I love your characterizations of all three of them. I can't wait to read more of these!

(One thing though - this sentence: "The idea has apparently (-unnecessary)earned me a sloppy peck on the cheek from the old boy." Is the unnecessary an edit or something?)
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
This was awesome.
iMissHP chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
I love it! It's refreshing and dynamic. Very well written too, the first POV is amazing. And funny. (I laugh out loud at the Epilogue: nineteen hours later)