Reviews for The Darkest Shadows, The Brightest Lights
Dola chapter 15 . 3/5
please, please, please...update. it's too good a story to be remained uncomplete
TOSoldtimer chapter 14 . 6/24/2014
I sent the guest review a few minutes ago. I forgot to say thanks for a wonderful read!
Guest chapter 15 . 6/24/2014
This fic is fantastic! One of the 10 best RK FICs ever, in my opinion. Way too good to languish uncompleted for a decade. I loved the historical detail and the English side plot. Please, please - I want to know if Kenshin rescues the Rutherford's from Hawthorne's machinations. And by the way, your description of Kenshin's gradual descent into sadness is heartbreaking. Please, I beg you (bows forehead to the tatami) finish this fic. Maybe the two new live action movies coming out this summer will provide inspiration to your muse.
Phoenix halfbreed chapter 15 . 12/13/2013
This is great. Your writing is very in depth and well researched. Your characters feel real and the story flows well. Your a very good writer... wish you could update your stuff though.
I love this story. I love how authentic you make it and strongly urge it's continuation despite the very long hiatus. It would be a real shame just to leave it T_T.
If you need any help with betaing or anything I would love to help you out. Anything to get the story running again.
Your faithful reader,
-PH
Bloody-Asphode11 chapter 15 . 10/12/2012
EIGHT YEARS EIGHT FREAKING YEARS

WILLL YOU F$%CKING UPDATE ALREADY

this is one of the best Battousai insanity fics i have ever read

MUST READ MORE
ttenandayo chapter 15 . 8/27/2012
Genius.

Absolute genius. Exquisite micro-detail and mind-blowing macro. And the Japanese usage is spot on—even in tone and characterization—which, IMHO, is hard to come by in fandom. (I found your use of "kurae" in an early chapter particularly impressive; it heralded good things to come.)

All in all, your control over language is enviable. You articulate in an economy of movement without sacrificing the artistry. Treasure this precision you have, and keep writing. :)

—ttenandayo
sunny chapter 14 . 7/26/2011
u r a really good writer... u capture the essence of the hitokiri
Idhren chapter 14 . 6/14/2011
Just wanted to let you know that there are still people like myself who periodically reread 'Darkest Shadows, Brightest Lights' and hope wistfully for an update. I know how hard it can be to take up the threads again of a fic left dormant for a long time-I'm doing the same thing myself right now with one of my own fics, and it's one of the more difficult things I've ever done-but this is a work worth the doing if you still have the heart and time for it.

Hope life has been treating you well, and that other creative outlets have been available to you during this long dry spell. Even if this piece is never finished, what you have written already is a masterwork.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 15 . 12/31/2010
Well, I have to say I probably won't ever see the end of this, but I think I'm okay with that. I'd much prefer to see an end, but after almost 7 years...yeah. ;

Well, your grasp on politics is...astounding. I hate politics, and as such have a hard time really understanding them, although I do try. I get a lot of what's going on, but I don't think I could ever create something similar or really guess what will happen...I can see how this could go very wrong, though.

All in all, I'm quite impressed. :)
Sonia120462 chapter 15 . 9/16/2009
rele good! update soon!
Emiri-chan the GREAT chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
OH MY GAHAHAHD- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEZ WRITE MORE OF THIS! YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY KILLING ME-

I have waited years! I will even update my own RuroKen which pales in comparison to the mere MENTION of yours but just PLEZZE GIVE AN UPDATE? HALF A CHAPTER? AUTHORS NOTES? ANYTHING!

(*cries for a half hour*)

I just found out the author of my other favorite Kenshin fic died in a car accident a few years ago, so her beautiful work will never be finished- cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers... But OH DEAR GOD YOU CAN AND SHOULD TOTALLY WRITE JUST A LITTLE MORE? Wah...

(*sob*)
Alena chapter 15 . 4/7/2009
Hello, I have been a HUGE fan of this story for what I actually think has been years... And I thought I might make one last ditch effort to see if you plan to continue it? (I might actually make several more 'last-ditch' efforts XD )

This is very possibly one of the best stories I have read on this site, the ideas/plot is original, the writing is fantastic... But is there any way you might consider restarting it? Please? -pitiful whimpering-
J Luc Pitard chapter 15 . 2/27/2009
I found this terrific fic via a community and I really enjoyed it. Since it was last updated in '04, I'm guessing it's abandoned, but I want you to know that it's really gripping and interesting. Well done.
WolfDaughter chapter 15 . 10/5/2008
Hey there, I can't remember if I've reviewed this story before or not but I thought I might give it a shot, just in case. I know it's been over four years since it's been updated but I'm still holding out hope that you haven't completely abandonded it. Please, please, please consider finishing this fic!
RoseCrystal chapter 15 . 7/10/2008
Out of all the RK fics I've read so far this is the best. I am amazed by the amount of research you've put into this. If I ever tried writing a fic as good as this my mind would have been whirling. Seriously though, this is such a good fic, and I sincerely hope that you would continue this. Even after so long.