Reviews for The Darkest Shadows, The Brightest Lights
Mayorie chapter 15 . 2/8/2007
OH MY GOD!i never imagined that i'd see the day that this pic would get updated! this has been, and still is (and i think, it'll always be) my favorite fanfic of all time! i think it's been about 5 years (at the very least!) since i've started reading this fic, and after 2 years of constantly checking for a new chapter, i've pretty much given up hope. and now, miracle of miracles, ITS HERE!

please don't go on a LONG haitus again! i swear i'll have separation anxiety! LOL
Daray Cybele chapter 15 . 1/8/2007
I hope you continue this story. I really like (somewhat understated, but...)I've been kinda jumping from story to story, peicing together information that has slowly but surely transformed my idea of what happened in both Rurouni Kenshin and the OAV, Samurai X. Things like that happen to me a lot_ I've come to take this story, Descent Into Madness, and Soul Of A Hitokiri as law. :) Anyways, please continue, and I hope your personal life gets better soon!
Swordsoul2000 chapter 15 . 11/13/2006
please, pretty please with sugar on top, update?

Do you want me to break out my brand new flamethrower? Well? do you?

:puppy eyes: Please update?
Niana Kuonji chapter 15 . 10/29/2006
It took me a while to get through all of this, but I'm really hoping that somehow you decide to continue this. It's an excellent fic.
Alena chapter 15 . 9/20/2006
I have been following this story for a while and I must say it is definately one of the brightest stars in fanfiction. It is my absolute favorite out of all of the fanfiction I have ever read. I am a die-hard RK fan and I love the way you capture all of the characters personalities. Are you going to update it ever though! I rate this with best-selling books and if it wasn't already Watsuki san's work, I would think that this story would make a fantastic book. I have never reviewed another story, but I desperately want you to finish this! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Please Please Please Please Please finish this story. It would make my life complete!
MarbleGlove chapter 15 . 9/17/2006
Oh man. This is an excellent story. Watching Kenshin come to the various realizations that form the character we later meet in the manga is wonderful, as is seeing the whole situation through his compatriots eyes. Especially the other soldiers as they just wait for him to self-destruct. I've run across good reviews and recommendations of this several times and it has certainly lived up to all the good words. However, it's incomplete! (I wail in despair) Please write more.
Elf Lady chapter 15 . 9/10/2006
I just finished reading all the chapters of this fabulous story and then sat staring at the last update date and wailed!

I love the way you weave historical fact with fiction, makes the story so much more interesting! Your characterizations really drew me into the story and I do certainly hope you'll be able to return to writing soon and finish this. You've obviously go a lot of fans waiting! :-)
JustFeedMe chapter 15 . 7/12/2006
Awesome story and great plot... please write more.
Irene chapter 15 . 5/23/2006
When I read the first chapter of this fic I was captured by the fantastic storyline and great characterization. This is definately one of my favorite fics and, although I have never reviewed before this, I realized I needed to portray how much I love this story. Please keep going! The suspense of where you are going to take this plot next is killing me!
the sacred night chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
at times it gets a bit cliche, but other than that it's quite good and vivid. i'm curious what will happen in the rest and where you're going with this.
J-Kid chapter 15 . 2/7/2006
this story is simply amazing. Unlike many authors who separate Kenshin from his Battosai era, you have managed to complete them into a cohesive whole- a look at a man struggling the insanity that comes with killing and fighting for his ideals. The meetings and intrigues are fabulous, and the dark nights of blood and supurb action "sequences" work well together. And finally, at last, the English (or at least Jamieson) get a glimpse of the hitokiri battosai . . . although I am suprised there was no mention of Kenshin's red hair.

The most powerful scenes, though, in my opinion, are the ones where Kenshin is definitely losing it. Ei. It's well done. It's unfortunate that so many fanfictioners are unwilling to accept that Rurouni and Battosai are still essentially "Kenshin"- it makes that era of his life so much more poignant. I had to back out of a rather badly done fanfiction just the other day where the author was making that mistake and turning Battosai into a bloody killing mashine with no feelings or regrets. *sigh, grumble* Would have thought Tomoe would be proof enough against that.

And as far as Isabelle is concerned, it will be interesting to see how exactly she is supposed to fit into this story . . . I hope it will get updated sometime. I'd definitely read more of it in a heartbeat.

Please don't drop it? . . .
SilverInches chapter 15 . 2/5/2006
I don't suppose that you're still writing this are you? It would be totally cool if you could find time to update again...

I'm usually more into the light fluffy reads, but this one has captured my attention, and if you ever could get around to writing more of it, that'd be really awesome.

Anyway. I'm glad that you wrote as much as you have! :)

~Kasi.
Katie chapter 15 . 1/21/2006
Thank you. I'm very impressed. Incredibly so. I read the prolouge and after the first few paragraphs I could tell you were an exceptonal writer. The closing was... beautiful. Your use of descripton is wonderful. This is one of the best fics I've ever read. I can tell you proof-read, though there are still some painful errors. I don't know if posting the story is doing that. Perhaps you might have one or two people read over your chapters before you post them? The fic is fantastic. I do hope you compose and post more soon. I really must thank my sister for having this on her favorites list. I apologize for the length of this review and would like to reiterate that this fic is exeptional.
Meri Kaisla chapter 15 . 12/22/2005
Hm, you haven't updated for a while... meaning that I can freely scream at you! yes! This is really, REALLY rude from you, to write this amazing fic and then just leave us hanging... that's cruel ;) it really is. I just love this fic. You have done great job to add so much historical facts, I really appreciate your effort! and I'm dying to see where you are leading us... please, please update. Onegai shimasu...
OlderWoman chapter 15 . 12/3/2005
I can understand real life draining time and creativity...but do, please, keep writing when you can. I have only recently begun to read fan fiction, and, sadly, find it frustrating because none of the really good ones seem to be finished. Some have been sitting for 4 or more years. So sad...

I am impressed with your desire to use the tangle of historical events as the main plot of your story. It was that background of reality that originally attracked me to Rurouni Kenshin to begin with. I think you're doing a good job of working them all together.

I'm dying to find out what's up with the ninja and the bow and arrow guy on the horse. And you're doing an excellent job with Kenshin's slow slide into madness! Very delicate hand, there...it would be so easy to overdo it.

Two criticisms: 1) sometimes your phrasing in conversations is so modern that it jars a little, (ex: "Don't trust him as far as I can throw him", or "yo" as a greeting) 2)when you write Isabelle-Jamieson-her dad stuff, your style changes and sounds an awful lot like the "headstrong heroine/manly hero/doting father" stereotype out of a bodice-ripper. Maybe tone it down a little, give them a little more dimension? I realise that may be tough when so far they are pretty minor characters, but I really think it would improve the flow of the overall story.

Keep going! I'm rooting for you!
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »