Reviews for Before the Dawn: A New Amsterdam Vignette
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2019
One day at a time.
Brijeana chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
I'm desperate for New Amsterdam fan fiction now that I've almost finished the series. This was a nice little tidbit. I loved his relationship with his dog(s) on the show. Great job. I'm officially encouraging you to write more New Amsterdam fic.
BelladonasMom chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Enjoyed it! Just a glimpse.
irezel chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
oh my god...it DOES exist. fanfiction for New Amsterdam! I never believed!

*sigh* such a pitty the show got canceled...i blame the writer's strike of that year..super lame. :/

anywho, super cool! though i though the modern day dog was number 36 and 29 was from the 60's...i may be wrong. but yeah. :)
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
About time this website finally got some New Amsterdam stories! I loved that show, hated that it was cancelled, and have my fingers crossed that someday it will come out on DVD. Very nice bit of characterization.
kitty whisperer chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Liked the story ! Hope that you will write more . I loved the series and am sad that it is over . It would have been interesting for John to have found his true love .
Flash Foreward chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Very good introspective. I really like this look into John's thoughts. My one problem is that you say in the summary that this is pre-series, but then you mention Omar's grandson's theory about chopping of John's head, which happens during the series. Just a small nitpick. Wonderful work!
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
I enjoyed this very much. One little thing though, his dog's name is 36, if Omar is 63 and he's Amsterdam, Eva's annoying partner right now then that places him in the present and he's on his 36th Rottweiler.

The part about how the dog and his son kept things together for him was very nice. In particular when he thinks about how hard it will be to lose him but he'll stick around for the long haul anyway.

Though is secretary when he was with Lily was a daughter or stepdaughter so he has known some of his other children past their 20/30's as well. I just remembered that. So Omar, while enormously special is not the only one to know his secret either. Unless that was some kind of error the writers on the show made.

I hope you write another!

-Ellie