Reviews for Across the Universe
BajaB chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Very good. I enjoyed this a lot. Well done.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
very good
Rhianona chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
I love the sparseness of this; that is, you set up each section with just enough that the emotions felt by James, by Harry, by Aaron, by Neville and to a lesser extent, by Lily and Sirius, come through quite nicely. A part of me wants more, but I also like that you end it where you do. It leaves us, the reader, with filling in the gaps of how bad the war in Harry's home dimension went that he opted to kill himself rather than live after Voldemort was defeated with our imaginations. I also like that Harry doesn't just jump into this dimension and offer to help Neville, that he is suffering from PTSD and that everyone is kind enough to let him heal while utilizing the knowledge he gives them from his world in this new world. Especially like how hopeless James feels, how desperately he and Lily want to connect to Harry but how resistant he is. I think that makes a lot of sense, given that even though they might be his parents biologically, he doesn't know them. and the end just radiates hope. Really, really liked this.
Lightfoot531 chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Wow. I loved this. Excellent writing.
Worfe chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
This was a well written perspective piece. I think you did a good job of condensing the emotional effect of Harry's arrival in another world without diluting it to the point of meaninglessness. There were some really good points in this.

I liked the line about James and Aaron not being enough to make Lily smile anymore, but then Lily and Aaron aren't enough for James either. I think that is a good way of expressing the feeling without being too overt.

Good Job. I don't know if you're planning on it, but this might be a good story to expand upon. Perhaps relate the fall of Voldemort in this world, but you could continue it through single perspectives. It wouldn't have to remain James, but perhaps other people as well. Is Neville enough to stand against Voldemort? And what is to happen if he can't win. What would Harry's role in this world be.

Just something to consider as you wrote this style so well.
Lizard24 chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
aw that was beautiful. I love James' pov it was very realistic and accepting of Harry. I really want to know whether Harry eventually opens up even more to his family. I seriously want a sequel. Hope you write again soon.
elm chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
it's a good start...ill like to read more...keep writing i want to know what happens next...ne
Lietus chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
That was wonderful.

I especially liked characters, you have done really well.

And whole story of course.

Thanks :)
rosencrystal chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
That was good story. I like how there was a rift between everyone and Harry that was realisticaly hard to cross and how it may never be completely fixed. Also did you know your anonymous reveiws are disabled.
vaguely amused chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
Oh, this is so beautiful. A lot of "Harry goes to an alternate reality fics" can't manage the separate dynamics, but yours keeps everyone in what little character we know them in (angry Harry, bwl Neville, alive James) while still maintaining the differences. The way James carefully handles harry, being frustrated but still accepting him, and little Aaron determined to fix the brother who usurped him...sigh. It's so lovely and complicated. is there any chance of more from this universe? I feel like warrior Harry and Neville could be a super evil-fighting team.
Phoenix-Fire Power chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
this is really deep and has litteraly been put a lot of thought into it.

it is kinda depressing though.

you should maybe write a sequel to it as harry comes out to them more and more.
kittycow2004 chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
I really like this, i wish you would continue it maybe. but really good
732 | « Prev Page 1 .. 39 46 47 48 49