Reviews for Across the Universe
Stygius.Magic chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
"at least for now, it might be enough" the whole fic is beautiful written, but that last sentence is probably the best.. i do hope you decided to write more, whether it be somethign similar or another plot line, i look forward to see more from you...

this is well, written, well planned with just enough dialouge, description and emotion... congrats...

looking to read more from you,
immortal7 chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
This was a really thought inspiring piece. I don't know it seems a shame that you are leaving the story where it is, but at the same time I am of the mind that not all stories need that precise ending. Life moves on well after the end so why force a piece of writing to go against the very nature of life. Any way this most certainly will make it to my favotires section. thanks for the great piece of writing. I7
EriKaBalDeL chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
i liked it, but will you not continue this?
Sykoticstalker27 chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
I think this is perhaps the best universe-crossing fic I've yet to read! I love that's it's from alternate James' POV! A really enjoyable fic; I wish it weren't a one-shot.
Stargaze3 chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
wow good work :)
Angelwings23123 chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Nice.

It's much more 'real' then the fics where Harry goes to another dimension and he immediately and comfortably becomes a part of the Potter family.

Will you be expanding on this?

It's great as a one-shot, but a longer story would be interesting.
hunny.kun chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Wonderful story!...it's so well written and told, loved the way you made it a James' POV instead of using Harry's...don't know what else to say except that I loved it, kinda angsty but not overwhelmingly so...wouldn't change a thing.

_
Sonicdale chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Wow.

Despite a few slips in the narrative and the voice, this story DOES turn the cliches on their ears.

I really, really liked it. Seeing the world from James' eyes was a nice touch, and I liked the Harry in this story for one fact: that you didn't make everything nice and neat at the end of the 30 minute sitcom. You left it realistic and biting, but with a touch of hope. "And gradually, Lily's eyes fill with hope, again..." was possibly the best line.

I want you to reach behind you, pat yourself on the back, and write some more. This was definitely a rose among thorns in the HP fanfic world. I've read hundreds over the years, and haven't walked away from a oneshot fic like this in a very long time feeling the way I do. Sure, I feel the need for a little bit nore, but like a fine dessert, this fills you up just right and leaves a bit of a wish for more next time.

Good work. Keep it up. I hope to see more of your work in the future.
doctor953 chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
The best dimension-crossing fic ever
Eskaybe4 chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Well written story! Would love to read more of your work.
Professional scatterbrain chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
This was an utterly wonderful read. Fab work.
BajaB chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Very good. I enjoyed this a lot. Well done.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
very good
Rhianona chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
I love the sparseness of this; that is, you set up each section with just enough that the emotions felt by James, by Harry, by Aaron, by Neville and to a lesser extent, by Lily and Sirius, come through quite nicely. A part of me wants more, but I also like that you end it where you do. It leaves us, the reader, with filling in the gaps of how bad the war in Harry's home dimension went that he opted to kill himself rather than live after Voldemort was defeated with our imaginations. I also like that Harry doesn't just jump into this dimension and offer to help Neville, that he is suffering from PTSD and that everyone is kind enough to let him heal while utilizing the knowledge he gives them from his world in this new world. Especially like how hopeless James feels, how desperately he and Lily want to connect to Harry but how resistant he is. I think that makes a lot of sense, given that even though they might be his parents biologically, he doesn't know them. and the end just radiates hope. Really, really liked this.
Lightfoot531 chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Wow. I loved this. Excellent writing.
758 | « Prev Page 1 .. 40 47 48 49 50 51 Next »