Reviews for Third Time's The Charm
Triva chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
This was so poignant and beautiful; a very original and well thought out digression from the customary Happily Ever Afters.
auctavia1228 chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
I was very moved by this piece. I feel so sorry for Jareth. For, ultimately he is so ever alone. All he wants is for someone to love him. I often wonder at those who want to be immortal, if they ever really think about what their life would be like? For if they did, they would never wish to be an immortal. Queen's song, Who wants to to live forever? Is a very good question indeed. For even if you find that one person to love, or even if it is many. Unless they are immortal too, which is usually not the case. You will loose them to death in the end. And After so many times, even it happening once, you will not want to go through that much pain ever again. So, you chose to be alone in your life. How sad is that?
Fiona chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Bless, beautiful and sad and utterly realistic
startraveller776 chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Oh wow. This is beautiful and heartbreaking. You made me cry, dagnabit! Tomboys don't cry!

Amazing. I love how in this he's almost like an unruly adolescent, and Sarah is patient (at least when they are friends) with him.
White Ivy chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
This is your second story that has caused me to involuntarily let out a mournful little sigh. These stories are good ans have just the right amount of melancholy.
Beckoning.Disaster chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
This is just so perfect. Realistic and beautiful, it just kind of melts your heart a little. Fantastic job!
StrangersToLove chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Wow.

Sometimes no matter how much think you want the happy ending, the hard, painful, honest and infintely more real ending is so much more worth it.

You totally made me cry Bravo and well done.
The Dishwasher chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Very nice style, and neverso neverso dull :)
Frosted Ice with Fire Behind chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Well done. Sad but not painfully. Imperfect but not wicked. A little slower at the ending and I may have gotten emotional.

A careful read-through would reveal a couple mistyped words and tenses.

I like this take. Not changing Jareth at all. Strong Sarah to the end.

Good job.
magialuna chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Oh what a terrible challenge! : ( This is well written however and really conveighs a sense of a deep love and caring which makes the loss so much the worse. -Clare
Annie C chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
This was beautifully written. I'd like to think that Sarah and Jareth had a happy ending together some time after the events of the movie... but I think this bittersweet tale is probably the more likely end.

Wonderful story!
StarzAngelus chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
Well, shit. You've done it again, in just a few thousand words and two one-shots. I was completely taken aback by the subtlety and depth of your writing, and your take on the Sarah/Jareth relationship in various forms. Dammit, this was so realistic, I believed it. It just made so much sense...

And seriously, you have a gift at having some of the best last-lines ever!

Truly fantastic. That's pretty much all I can say. :)
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
A happy ending for Sarah, after all. Very sweet story. I like this "giving advice as if she thinks that he might take it this time." Heaven knows I've felt that way with my friends and family!

Poor Jareth. Like a randy Peter Pan, he doesn't learn until the end.
Queen Grapefruit chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
Oh wow. You're incredible. This is so cute! It's such a wonderful perspective on what Sarah and Jareth really are, it puts a strange tint of humanity and childishness on Jareth. It leaves you wondering if he really is as all powerful as he often is shown to be, and if he will ever really grow up. Like a bigger version of Peter Pan! I absolutely loved this story!
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
I adore this fic. Sarah is all the more amazing for retaining her mortality and unchanging Jareth is in a small way changed by the love and friendship they shared.