Reviews for Team Possible II: City in the Sands
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 11 . 5/7/2010
Well, now that was a long adventure. And this is my usual problem: Where the fuck I start with this review? U

But you know, for a “Team Possible II” story… it really felt like Team Possible II was the least relevant team in this whole issue and that the story could have been written ‘bout just fine without them. Not that I’m saying that’d be a better route, but considering the title, Team Possible II felt hardly protagonist here. All the other teams had incidents happening in them, gaining members or losing others, while TP2 remained uninvolved with anyone and only in the end got a relevant part: Getting off the bargain, lucky bastards.

That aside, the story was actually very entertaining, with lots of different things happening here and there. The events in the Global Justice – Egyptian team were my favourites, with lots of friendly conversation, Ron’s cooking getting popular and LaTisha… damn, that woman will go far to get what she wants. XD

Them aside, I was actually surprised when I started caring ‘bout the different teams mostly filled with OCs. The Chinese guys were interestingly philosophical, but they lasted just as much as they could remain interesting. The Seven Dwarves proved to be particularly likable characters (well, Dopey aside U) and I particularly liked the drama when Happy got hurt and Doc had to rely in his abilities as a doctor which he doesn’t have faith on. Finally, among the Russians a couple of them were put as the biggest jerks around and the major jerk got retribution served to him in the end. That said, isn’t it a bit of stereotyping to have Russians as the bad guys, or at least having the clearly most indecent guy among them? Well, better stereotype than flat character, I’ll say.

Kinda bugs me just how when I starts worrying ‘bout them I’m instantly reminded they are hardly gonna be present anymore around. But oh-well!

Next element I feel like focusing on is the Wade/Joss relationship. And to be honest… it’s not winning any points with me. Not knowing what the fuck (pun intended) happened between them for ‘bout half the story made all the melodrama kinda annoying to me, making me want to yell the characters to just get the hell over it. And well, yeah, when I learned ‘bout what happened, it was understandable. But while it is good drama, I’ll have to tell you that the pairing’s gonna need to pull out a really good move here and there, sooner or later, for me to see this working out and believing it.

At least things not being dealt anymore beyond there, and Wade questioning himself and deciding to start therapy is a good first step. Let’s see how things work from there.

Aside of that, I’m finding it hard to see what to mention. The overall story had many small parts I liked, particularly when related to characters even if just a minor but meaningful mention of this or that.

Not sure what the whole background about the aliens was needed for, anyway. Was that crossovering the story with another show/comic/movie/whatever where those People and Tripods are from? That whole thing was well written, but hardly worth remembering by the end, and not having a physical description ‘bout the alien in particular bugged me because… hell, it’s not even human. So then I got basically nothing to go by!

But never mind. It was neither long nor boring, so it wasn’t really a bother.

Now, after this long adventure, I’m ready to go back to the shorties. _

And now the story has 100 reviews! Aren’t I great? :D

So, with enough said (or so I hope), I wave goodbye.
Yours, “Looking Like An Idiot In Front Of The Computer” Alexander/Alexlayer.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 10 . 4/14/2010
Great work.
Tjikicew chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
Dmitr, Joseph, I admit I'm nitpicking and splitting hairs, but being from Slavic decent, I'd propose Dimitri and Josip. Even if the latter name wouldn't be easily given to children born after 1953.

I doubt that since WWII there were so many belligerent factions about.

Good luck in tying all this together! ;)
ginna5683 chapter 11 . 10/29/2008
so wow i loved this i do all of yours...but yeah this one definitely had action...which you told me you were going for. i really really loved this...and when the the last of the People dissected the Russian (terrible but i dont want to know his name he was a jerk) i thought it was really gruesome...but i loved it cause i hated him. hehe. it made me so so happy. ok on to the next story!
Muzzlehatch chapter 11 . 10/19/2008
Well, that was a ripping yarn. "Raiders of the Lost Ark" meets "Alien/Predator". I was enchanted by the names that you gave the aliens, usually writers just throw a bunch of consonants together and go with it.

If someone ever decides to do another sequel to the "Predator" films, they can make it animated, put Kim in it and dump the Austrian girly-man!
ErnestTheGuy chapter 11 . 9/28/2008
wow nice plot. but it would have been cool if they all met and fought for the ship.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 11 . 6/22/2008
Good conclusion. I'm impressed with Shego's self-control, not giving Donner a flying atomic wedgie and leaving him hanging off a cliff somewhere, but good for her, thinking ahead and making the most of it. Interesting exposed wiring of the Drakken-Wade convo; wondering how that might play out in future stories. And I'm pleased with the return of Ibrahim the Dreamer!

Terrific story, as I've mentioned earlier. Occasionally a trifle hard to follow (mostly an inevitable result of a multi-thread story with a week between postings) but creative, full of action and humor, and a satisfying denouement.
Mirenheart chapter 11 . 6/19/2008
Great fic. It inspired me a little.
Etherelemental chapter 11 . 6/17/2008
There's just too many characters too keep track of in this series. But it's still quite entertaining. And I'm kinda wondering if you're going to pair Drakken up with anyone. Basically give him a nice, safe, woman that he could hook up with. Though, I'm kinda wondering if this will leak into the storyline later on. And I kinda think of it as a fair turnaround with what happened to Donner. And it's kinda fortunate that Shego didn't get on the helicopter then. Since it really would have cause more than just a few problems. Anyway, thanks for posting all of this! It really was quite interesting to see how it developed!
sweetPixiesmile chapter 11 . 6/16/2008
Excellent overall.

The last Chapter, however, seemed a bit... I don't know, hurried. Or maybe perhaps because it felt a bit terse and anti-climactic.

Was a bit confused as to why Donner would (and could) drug both Shego and the Egyptians/GJ forces... unless it was an attempt to mask their quick departure and mess with Shego at the same time? It's not as if they took anything the Egyptians/GJ had collected.

I've got Haskell fingered as my pick for the inside job, but I wonder if that's too obvious (acting OOC, taking drugged food to the sentries) Betty would have kittens if she knew the US had a mole in her crew! Be interesting if she sic'ed Kim with the job of sniffing out the mole...

Are you going to do another one of those aftermath oneshots with Kim and Shego? I'd so love to see that, especially since this was one of those "Not a KiGo story, but with KiGo in it" stories, to quote Lord Kellendros's disclaimer in Revelations of Destiny.
Alex-Papa Storytime-Markov chapter 11 . 6/15/2008
Wow, things come to a head in some unexpected ways. I think you've seriously under stated Shego's wrath, though she has mellowed somewhat over the years. Nice how she used this to turn the tables on Donner.

I think the conversation between Wade and Drakken is a great bit of insight and gives me hope for his future.

Great dialogue is your strength and this story has stood up to your usual high standards. You've also woven a great adventure/mystery tale and done a wonderful job with moving a large and complex cast of players along their respective paths to an exciting conclusion.

Wispr chapter 11 . 6/14/2008
Very nice ending, really like how you had things come to a head. Will be interesting to see if Wade follows through and how Kim and Will handles what had happen to them.

Can't wait for your next story!

Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 11 . 6/14/2008
Ok, I can't figure it out. I have a few questions bothering me.

Who drugged the Egyptian / GJ camp?

Will Donner ever get what's comming to him?

How long will it take the extended Possible family to disregard the classifed status of the mission and tell each other everything that happened ( including what happend between Joss and Wade, this time and last time )?

Can Kim ever overcome her squeemishness regarding tasty foreign meals? ( Remember when it was Ron that reeled at the idea of eating fried insects? )
Mr. Wizard chapter 11 . 6/14/2008
Lots of great twists and turns. Fantastic dialog. Everyone in character, and the characters in such a situation. So much treachery, always a delight.
shinneodeus chapter 11 . 6/14/2008
Would have liked to see a bigger epilogue involving Kim but hey, there was closure with the City least Shego got to have some measure of revenge on having no passport shouldn't be too problematic for a excriminal.

Read you later!