Reviews for Shadows
edwardfiend chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
This is beautiful. It was very emotional. Really enjoyed it. :)
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Very nice. Dark, though. Sort of like a prelude to his betrayal? Anyway, very well written. I really liked it.
Miles333 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I can't believe this story only has three reviews. I thought it was absolutely AMAZING! :D
Ravenya03 chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Wow - how is it that this story has only two reviews? Everyone should be reading and raving about it!

First of all, I love the internal conflict in Allan's mind as he tries to comprehend his friendship with Djaq and Will. You perfectly build up the hardship of his pre-gang life, and how he can't quite *get* the idea of friendship and belonging - and sadly, doesn't quite trust it either. There is a sense of foreshadowing here concerning his defection to Guy that's quite chilling.

Your reoccuring use of the words "sense" and "trust" throughout this fic is great, and how muddled their definitions are in Allan's mind. And the image of W/D as flames, with Allan as the moth flicking around them and sure to get burnt - wow!

I want to print this out and hang it on my wall:

"Then a lot of little events and a few large ones had spun by, and before Allan knew it he was tied and trapped in an intimate and powerful web of memories and emotions. Dark warm nights in the forest; Robin willing to die for England and for his outlaws with equal passion; sunlight through green leaves; his brother's death and the outlaws' attempts to stop it; loud laughter under cloudless skies; Djaq's capture and he and Will becoming a frantic, desperate united front to ensure she came back to them safely; meals that not only tasted like but exemplified every bit of the phrase 'home-cooked'; Will's eyes; Djaq's smile."

But what I love most about this is the sense of fascination and of AWE that Allan holds toward Will and Djaq - it's almost reverence, and the heartbreaking realisation that they will almost certainly become a romantic couple - without him.

And the shadows-and-light imagery; especially the last idea that Allan (as a shadow) can't even *exist* without the light (W/D)...guh! Just beautiful...
SweetHeaven chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Awesome. I've really enjoyed it. You have portrayed the Allan I've always imagined. The contradictions inside himself and in the world surrounding him have been so well expalined. Honestly, it's wonderful.
TriviaQueen chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Spoons, I have read all your Robin Hood stories over and over, and I can't believe I haven't reviewed before. I was really excited when I saw a new spoons piece! Absolutely brilliant, as always - I think you totally got Allan down to a tee. He IS in love with Will and Djaq, right. I also liked the way you incorporated his affinity with the shadows from the series. Glorious work! You're brilliant! TQ xx