Reviews for Smoke & Mirrors
great gospel chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
This was wonderful. I love reading fics about the League in their "civvies," as Wally put it. And I really liked how you juxtaposed cool, older brother Superman with distant cousin Clark Kent. His little speech on how his identities differed was also pretty enlightening. I really enjoyed this piece.
1Superman4Me chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
two of my fav heroes...
what's not to like?
Mistress of Solitude chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This was lovely.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Awesome!
Fenris chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Sorry dude Clark wasn't married on JL or JLU, he and Lois weren't officially dating and she didn't know Clark was Superman.
stocktonwood chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
That was great! Really top notch job you've done here. I really liked the characterizations; both Clark and Wally were superbly done. I especially liked the way you explained the difference between Clark and Superman through Clark's eyes. Honestly, that's the way I've always seen the dynamic as well. Clark's not the disguise at all. Superman/Clark is one of the most difficult to write characters around, and I think you did a great job. You also did a fantastic job of illustrating some of that intangible goodness of Clark's, that certain something that has endeared him to generations. Superman has been my hero since I was knee high to a grasshopper, and it's a great thrill to see him done justice.

Great job mate!
Proponent of EVO chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
This is really sweet.
Grendle1853 chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Nice one. I liked how you tried to explain Superman's "disguise". I really liked it.
PriestessOfNox chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
Adorable fic. I lvoe how you wrote their interactions and Flash/Wally's views of Clark in and out of costume. The lie reflex thing was a good thing to add
Kipling Bunny chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
Yay! Another supremely written oneshot!

Wally and Clark hanging out is too cute. I can totally see them being buddies. )

I loved it!
Soului chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
I can totally see this happening. Good job and keep of the great work!
knobblyfruit chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
Awesome! Great characterization. I love the idea of Clark & Wally being friends and hanging out outside the League.

Being the Wally fan that I am, though, I have to make a slight correction: he actually *is* from the Midwest. Central City is in Missouri, Keystone is in Kansas, and he born & raised in Nebraska. ('Course, this is all from the comics, which probably doesn't apply much to toon!verse anyway, so take it as you want. ;D)

Anyway, this is a fantastic story. Hope you write more Wally soon!