Reviews for De Patre Vostro
jay chapter 2 . 4/4/2009
good story!

i wish there were more balthier/ashe

and the ending is so sad D:

but still great story
randomcat23 chapter 2 . 9/11/2008
Well, I feel all sad and happy and hopeful and sad (again) at the same time. It does bring it full circle and I couldn't be more pleased with the ending, even if I am a sucker for happy endings. Which, I guess this is one, just not a 'perfect' ending. It's better that way, more believable.

Thanks for the awesome read!
randomcat23 chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Wow, I just ate this one up. But I figured I should leave a review before reading the next chapter.

I love the direction you took; having the whole chapter through Fran's eyes. The Veira were kind of puzzling creatures and I must say you captured her well. Fran and Balthier have a wonderful relationship and it's nice to finally read something that does them justice.

XD Han and Chewie, eh? I must agree with you. But that may only be because I adore Balthier/Ashe as well.
manyissues101 chapter 2 . 5/15/2008
This is an amazingly written, in character look into my two favorites! I love the way that you portrayed this, because often many BalthierAshe fics have a disturbing lack of Fran (everyone knows that you can't have one Sky Pirate without the other) but this one had her in plenty!

I love it very much!
Story Weaver1 chapter 2 . 5/6/2008
You know, I really should have seen the character death coming. Maybe that's because I gave Ashe and Balthier a lot of espers and when the war started, I imagined Ashe charging out with Belias and Exodus and the other sions of darkness in tow.

Is sad.

But still I smiled later, when Holton thought out Vaan. It was so ironic. Student to the father, teachter to the son.
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
You really like these introverted character studies don't you? A lot of emotion. I like how you put this in Fran's perspective. Few things humes do make sense to me either.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 2 . 4/30/2008
I do believe this stands to be the best, two-part epic concerning Balthier and (mostly, given your spellbinding prowess over writing her complex and demanding frame of mind) Fran in a relationship that doesn't head for romance, but a deeper, familial sense.

The roundabout of the title, and Fran coming to watch over two generations of Bunansa very much hit me upside the head with the underlying, ultimatum effect it held for the story in whole. Besides, even if your muse did call for a tragic fate to be administered to a certain set of parents, and a monarchy in general, the way in which you wrote it up to the climax of Balthier's decision to turn back for one last time made it all the more poignant and memorable in showing his devotion, and the exact state of their love.

However brief, the return to Eruyt was a great lead-up to the denoument scene, in which Fran's lingering contemplation for her partner (and that of his son -whose early years under the safety of Basch (always there to lend a hand to Ashe's legacy till the end), Penelo and Vaan-), and recollections of her life before him, remains.
Anubuko chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
How you can write wonderfully like this is beyond me- Fran's perceptiveness, how she can tell and how she struggles, how she can see and yet she doubts it in here... It's just... So wonderfully written. If there's a second part, the excitement is killing me. xD;

Fran's perspective certainly is different and way deeper than anyone else's view in the game for me. You pulled it off here, really good job with that.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
Your take on Fran's perception and thoughts is gorgeous beyond record; what with how you manage to swing her in and out of finding that in Balthier which makes him just so unique from Humes on average, her knowledge and preference of locations, response to Hume activity -from love (which is but a subtle allusion to your Balthier/Ashe prowess ;)) to celebrations-, and the ever-so closely related factors of secrets, running, pasts, and names. :D

I can't wait to see how the second part comes about, though, on a totally different subject, I strongly believe that you have the precise mastery of prose to write a very intruiging, angsty Ashe/Basch piece. :P