Reviews for The Mother Of The Law
Deidara chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
This is the first time I read a Mikami fanfic (well, and Mikami's mother's, too), and I am glad I read this one. It is a very nice writing about Mikami's past, and makes me wish so hard that he had a nice childhood and a mother who understood him well. At the same time, it is hard to judge a mother in such a harsh situation.

I loved this. :)
Triple Rainbow chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
can you do a sequel when Teru finds out it is Light that is Kira. That would be interesting since he saved him earlier in life. maybe have a "I've always been looking out/serving you" kind of moment for him.
anjuhleenuh chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
This just makes me pity Mikami his mother so much more.

You write beautifully. I've been reading your other Death Note fanfictions and they are magnificent.
Cooper Writer Crafter chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
The lack of humor was morbid itself. It was dark and yet transpiring at the same time. Hm...I try to describe how I feel when I read through the paragraphs of a story, I tend to do that. So that's how I can describe it pretty much. The lapses of thoughts for Teru's mom was erratic to the point like you're standing in the middle of a train wreck. Powerful prose, Nana-san. The approach of writing is humane.

I like how you ended it with a brisk:

"As his mother, she must be his voice of reason, be the one who keeps him safe. She isn't proud that he risked his own life, but Atsuko couldn't help it. She believed that smiling housewife when she said that Teru was a hero,"

..as if her son's actions reflected on her parenting but likewise contradicted it. It was bitter but very...real.
o chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Well done
MochaCocaFan chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Very interesting look.
WingsOfFate chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
This is beautiful, thank you.
Garowyn chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Ah, you must be speaky-bean at LJ, then, right? Well, I thought I'd drop a review here, too. Excellent work! Really brings her alive.
Yami-no-Hikari-7 chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
Wow. That was really good! _
Diluted Thoughts chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
You know I
with GARASU eyes chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Wow, I have to say that I really loved this story. The images of Teru, Light and Sayu as little kids was really cute. I wasn't planning on reading a long one-shot but this had me glued until I finished. Teru's mom's personality was unique and felt so real as if she was a real live person. Keep up the good writing.
DoYouFindMeDreadful chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Oh good god, I loved this! I've never seen anyone tackle Mikami's character like this before and this is the first time I've seen his mother being written for period. I must commend you for this. Not only was it beautifully written, realistic and great characterization but it also has an adorable moment between Light and Mikami. The fact he saved him - and then was worried about him before himself was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love you. Seriously. Thank you for writing this.

I don't suppose a bit of prodding would result in a similar drabble? XD
Khiyu chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
Ohmigosh I loved this so much. Teru was so paranoid and cute and righteous and it made me sad that Atsuko couldn't really appreciate that, but then again she was written so perfectly that I had to smile. And Sachiko was wonderful too. I think she's such a sweet and motherly character and I always kind of want to hug her. Moms are great. Poor Light at getting bullied (teehee that's something I rarely see in fanfiction, though I guess at 4 years old he wouldn't be nearly as intimidating as he would be as an 18 year old with a murdering notebook), and poorer Teru for almost drowning to help him. Guh, they're adorable. I want to pinch their cheeks and give them cookies and milk. Please please please continue this? I will love you forevar!
ItistheIceKing chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
oh dears i can't believe this hasn't gotten alot of reviews yet the whole story was so enjoyable i complete loved it especially how everyone stayed in character no OOC or anything and i never thought thats what a mother would be like for teru but it clicks very nicely with the story line.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
I love this glimpse at Teru's childhood. I never really thought about what kind of mother he had before, or why she was the way she was, but you write her so descriptively and wonderfully. In the manga, we see her as a cold figure, a roadblock on Teru's way to justice. Yet here, you flesh her out into a real person, and explain that her 'voice of reason' is not to hinder Teru, but to keep him safe from trying to do the impossible. I feel like this should be part of the manga, it works so well into the actual backstory we get for Teru.